• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop not saving to Lightroom

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the update for Photoshop and the Lightroom CC install.

You can open an image from Lightroom CC to Photoshop but when I go to save the image back into Lightroom...the link isn't working. It acts like it is saving (which goes a lot faster than normal) but the copy doesn't make it to Lightroom.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

OS X 10.13

There aren't the dual images like I get in Lightroom Classic CC. The function actually works perfectly still in the Classic version of Lightroom...just not in the new CC that syncs with mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

You have to close the file before it shows up in the new lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rsutton,

As Photoshop is not able to save images to Lightroom, could you please let us know which operating system are you using?

Are you seeing "2" mentioned on images in Lightroom? If Yes, then click on it as it will show you both the original and Photoshop edited Image.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X 10.13

There aren't the dual images like I get in Lightroom Classic CC. The function actually works perfectly still in the Classic version of Lightroom...just not in the new CC that syncs with mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop doesn't save "to Lightroom" - it just saves to disk. Can you find the file using Bridge or Windows Explorer?

It only appears in the Lightroom catalog because there's a background Lr script tracking the file and adding it to the catalog. Lightroom has to remain open for this script to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't seem to be saving at all. An image that has a lot of layers is saving in under a second which used to take up to 10 seconds to complete. Something is up with the communication end. Especially since it still works perfectly under the new version of Classic Lightroom. The new CC is the only place it is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rsutton198  wrote

The file saves fine (to the hard drive) in Photoshop when you open from Classic CC but it does not with this new version.

So you don't agree that this is an indication that Photoshop's save procedure is working just fine? Do you still think your photos are actually in Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/D+Fosse  wrote

rsutton198   wrote

The file saves fine (to the hard drive) in Photoshop when you open from Classic CC but it does not with this new version.

So you don't agree that this is an indication that Photoshop's save procedure is working just fine? Do you still think your photos are actually in Lightroom?

No. I do not believe my photos or the files are IN Lightroom. I am fully aware of how the entire eco system functions and where the files are located.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no synchronisation between PS and the new Lightroom CC. There can't be, since Lightroom CC is entirely "cloud-based" and doesn't save to your machine at all.

Lightroom CC is a completely new animal that has nothing to do with the old Lightroom, which is now called "Lightroom Classic".  Don't get me started on the wisdom of this rebranding.

I have not installed it and have no plans to, ever. There's no way internet bandwidth can deal with the file sizes of a modern DSLR. The Instagram  and iPhone kids will probably love it, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same function is present to "edit in photoshop". It is supposed to work the same as Classic.

I actually like the app as I can edit on the fly on my iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil and it is all back on my computer as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. But I suggest you ask in the new Lightroom CC forum. I can't see how this has anything to do with Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is the one not saving correctly. I am in the Photoshop app doing this...not Lightroom even though it exported from Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, Photoshop just saves to somewhere on your hard drive. The save procedure is no different, whether the file comes from Lightroom or anywhere else.

You need to understand that photos are not "in" Lightroom. They are just out there on disk, and the Lr catalog is just an index: Go here to retrieve that file.

This is all handled by a background script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said...Photoshop is not saving the file. I am IN Photoshop. It is not saving the file. It is not saving correctly (to a file that can then be referenced in the Lightroom catalog). I know what I am talking about so you can stop talking to me like I am an idiot. The file saves fine (to the hard drive) in Photoshop when you open from Classic CC but it does not with this new version.

THERE IS NO FILE SAVED ON THE HARD DRIVE. You have nothing productive to add. Please stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look, you don't believe me, but I'm actually trying to help you. Ask in the Lightroom CC forum. That's where the solution to your problem can be found, not here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked. Do you not think that is the first place I looked? I know how the system works. Photoshop is not saving to a file. It is not saving to anywhere at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, if I do a very simple quick edit it saves with a "2" but if I do a longer more layered edit it doesn't save.. acts like it is but isn't.. very frustrating..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same issue. If I use a layer in PS and merge it, it won't save back to LR. Did you find a fix for this chriscotto?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I didn't find a real solution.
I installed lightroom and photoshop again, but this didn't help.
A few months ago I had to replace my PC. I installed LR and PS on it, and
since then it is working perfectly.
Dont't know the reason why.
Good luck with your search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually think the issue is that Photoshop can't save to the cloud for some reason. The files in the new CC are not stored on your hard drive. They are stored in the cloud. So when you go to "Edit in Photoshop"....make your edits...then click save...it doesn't do anything. The issue is with Photoshop not knowing where to save to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jasonb51283734  wrote

You are right. That's interesting. That part is different than all other versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and it worked. Closed the file in PS, I got the "2" on the image in LR, clicked on the #2, and there was my second image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No!!! It doesn't even work when I save it and close it!  Up until today I could save and close in photoshop and then open the same image in lightroom and keep working!  Now it simply doesn't work! I don't like to save it to a file then import it to light room because then it's no longer in the same import.  I like all the pictures from the same project in the same import.  Heeeeelp! Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you gotten an answer to this?  I too am having issues.  ive updated both photoshop and Lightroom.  and after I make edits in photoshop and save, it doesn't not appear in Lightroom.  or anywhere?  I have no idea how to fix this problem....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it goes somewhere, we just don't know where!  No one answered.  Good luck!

On Friday, July 6, 2018, 7:36:07 PM MDT, maryd81468406 <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Photoshop not saving to Lightroom

created by maryd81468406 in Photoshop - View the full discussion

have you gotten an answer to this?  I too am having issues.  ive updated both photoshop and Lightroom.  and after I make edits in photoshop and save, it doesn't not appear in Lightroom.  or anywhere?  I have no idea how to fix this problem....

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10487029#10487029 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10487029#10487029

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines