• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop takes a long time to startup while stuck at "reading preferences"

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop takes a long time to startup while stuck at "reading preferences". Issue has started happening not so long ago, I suspect after one of the recent updates. Current version is 22.5.1, running in Windows 10 (Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043). I have tried all of the known methods like deleting the user profile and complete reinstall to no avail.

After extensive debugging I narrowed it down to these events from the UXP log file ("\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Logs"):

[2021-10-17_16-42-42][24560][Default] [console] [HS][Performance] 1863 PERF - Sophia Init done: 1629
[2021-10-17_16-43-15][24560][Default] [console] [HS][IMS] User Profile changed

The time different between those 2 entries is always around 32-34sec. During that time Photoshop is actively writing to an LDB file in \AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage\PHSP\22\Internal\com.adobe.unifiedpanel\LocalStorage (file name is different every time, eg 000277.ldb). 

So, looks like the delay is hapenning during that process. I have the same version of Photoshop on my Windows 10 laptop and it has no issues with loading.

PC specs:

Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD NVME, GTX 1060 3GB

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have the same issue with Photoshop 23.0 that was released today?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines