• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save As in Photoshop used to revert to the source folder and automatically add the saved file in LR

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In version 22 of Photoshop the "Save As" option allowed you to rename your file and save it back into the source folder.  When doing this it would be automatically detected by Lightroom and added to the library, plus to any related collections.  Now it doesn't do this and it is a source of great frustration.  I and most of my associates choose to rename a file once it has been edited from a RAW file.  Adding a meaningful name to a file along with the original source filename assigned by the camera is an easy way to find and identify images.   Now with the version 23 update, when you use "Save As" Photoshop just goes to the last used folder (which may or may not be the correct one) and wants to save your file there.  Even when you are aware that PS has chosen the wrong directory and you select the correct one before adding your file name and pressing "Save", Lightroom remains unaware that a new file has been added, so you have to then go back into LR, go to the folder where you thought you saved it, select "Synchronise folder" and then have it added to the library.  If the source image was also in a collection, with the old version, tthe saved file would be added to the collection automatically.  Now you have to manually go back and add the saved file to the collection.   Going to Preferences in PS and choosing "Save As to original folder" under file handling does not solve the issue and Lightroom does not seem to see the new files being added.  Conversely, if you just go to "File Save" PS does go the the source folder and the file is detected and added to the LR library, you just don't get to give the file a new name.  Please Adobe, fix this up to work like it did in version 22.  I want to use the features in version 23, so just keeping the old version is not a solution.  I have spent hours with support and the only solution they can offer is to go back to version 22.  Not good enough, fix it please!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had the same issue for some time now since Adobe changed this in an upgrade. It's an absolute frustration and timewaster as after using photoshop for years with it saving back to the original location in Lightroom this change requires more steps so it's not intuitive. Come on Adobe, please return this feature back to how it's been for years on the next release. Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines