Unable to save a GIF from Photoshop

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to convert a video into a gif on Photoshop. However, when I go to save for web > export as gif and click save, I receive an error message that the operation cannot be completed due to memory. I have 50GB of storage available on my Mac, and 1.5 TB of storage available on an External Hard Drive. I have tried exporting to both my hard drive and straight to my desktop. 

I am on Photoshop v23.2.1

On macOS Monterey 12.2.1

My computer - 

13" Macbook Pro 2019

1.4 GHz

8 GB memory 

I have read previous threads regarding this issue, but have not seen any from 2022 or using this latest version of Photoshop.

These are the fixes I have tried that have been recommended -

-Restarting Photoshop

-Resetting Photoshop preferences

-Giving Photoshop additional access in the system prefrences on my mac (under privacy & accessibility)

If there are any other possible solutions to this, please let me know. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post the exact error message given by Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says "Could not complete this operation. There was not enough memory available."

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 6.18.42 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may actually be out of memory if you only have 8GB of RAM. Can you post the PSD you're having trouble saving the GIF from?

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines