• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Bring back "Shake Reduction" filter - Removed in Photoshop v.23.3.0

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Änderungen am Programm ohne die User zu fragen - "Verwacklung reduzieren" in PS v.23.3.0 entfallen?

Mittlerweile ist man es als User gewohnt, dass Adobe Änderungen an Photoshop und Co. vornimmt.

Erst der "Fehler" seit Anfang Februar, dass die Ebenen bei der Nutzung von Color Lookup´s schwarz sind und somit nicht nutzbar (das Problem habe ich nach zwei Monaten endlich selbst gelöst) und nun fehlt schlicht und einfach wieder ein Scharfzeichnungsfilter, den viele wahrscheinlich nicht häufg nutzen, ich jedoch als finales Schärfen, diesen "Verwacklung reduzieren" mit Vorliebe eingesetzt habe.

Heute am Rechner, Bilder vom Ostersonntagmorgen mit Monduntergang, sitze hier, bearbeite und ... bin überrascht, dass ich meinen Filter nicht mehr finde.

Falls dieser doch noch irgendwo sein sollte, mal wieder irgendwo ganz hinten drin versteckt, bin ich dankbar für jeden Tipp.

Liebe Grüße und ein schönes Osterfest...
Gordon

Idea No status Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

You can install version 22.5.7 along with version 23.3.1, so you can have both 2022 and 2021 installed at the same time, version 2021 will have the shake reduction filter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

@John Young Photography 

As a workaround you could revert back to version 23.2.2

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 296 Replies 296
296 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sfineshriber The Shake Reduction filter was removed in version 23.3

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2022-2.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on! Please take a look at this tutorial! It is way better than the PS Shake Reduction filter was
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US8yI3ymZEE<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you giP. Yes, I have done it this way before and it works well but the shake reduction filter was just more convenient and quicker for day to day tasks. Hopefuly Adobe will improve the automation for this method in due course to make it as quick as the withdrawn filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have known Unmesh had an answer!

········································································
Scott Fineshriber (he/him/his)
Institutional Marketing and Communications

[Personal information removed by moderator for your protection on a public forum]

[A close up of a logo Description automatically generated]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine, unless your shooting 2000 photos of dogs coming at you. Who has hours to decipher the angle of camera shake for that.  I photograph dog sports and while I've never had to use it on every photo it was nice to use. By the way dogs go in all directions. Just a silly consideration, for me at least. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know what else you can do? copy the file Shake Reduction.8bf from the old pshop to 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Required\Plug-ins\Filters' Restart photoshop. Works absolutely fine on PC systems. I have no idea why Adobe thinks it is OK to eliminate one of the most important filters photo touch up people use because they can't get it working on ARM Apple systems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHOAAAAA!!!! That might be over my head but going to def try it!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't seem to have Shake Reduction.8bf in an older version to try this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you know what's ridiculous here to me... this filter should be easily trainable using Adobe's neural tech. They have all the datasets they need to make this happen, so you have to wonder why they're not bothering to do so...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you know what's ridiculous here to me... this filter should be easily trainable using Adobe's neural tech. They have all the datasets they need to make this happen, so you have to wonder why they're not bothering to do so...?

When you ask engineering, what did they tell you?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a GENUIS! It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It was removed in version 23.3, you can add your upvote to this thread

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-bring-back-quot-shake-reduction-quot-filt...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8bf CONFIRMED SOLUTION! Firstly thank you @franciss43197070  for the CORRECT SOLUTION! Secondly: Darn it you beat me to that solution!  That's what I've been doing with my other, older, plugins for years (sometimes it works, sometimes not for older ones for whatever reason). I'm sure I would have thought of it in a couple of years but I didn't 😞  

To those of you who will use this solution MAKE SURE YOU COPY AND SAVE THAT 8BF IN A SAFE PLACE FOR FUTURE PS UPDATES/VERSIONS. I would also suggest backing up the entire plugins folder incase Adobe decides to remove all of the filters 😕  Yes you laugh now but just wait until they take away the Shake Reduction filter! Oh wait a minute... D:

The absolutly pathetic part of this all is that Adobe could have very easily posted this solution and prevented any "bad feelings" on the part of users. Hopefully Adobe won't delete this and Franciss' original solution.

Everyone needs to upvote @franciss43197070 and give a big thanks for the actual correct answer and also the path you need to take to copy the 8bf.

Thank you Franciss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Mac, and was looking for *8fb files but did not find them in the Adobe Photoshop 2022.app folder.
Does anyone know if they are named something else on OSX, or located in a different location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The path on Mac for plug-in's should be:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheDigitalDog can you confirm the location? I checked ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe and ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop 2022, but neither of them had a Plug-Ins directory. I run the latest version of Adobe Photoshop (23.3.2), and wanted to check location etc before installing the old version also to get the plugin file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you confirm the location?

Depends on the plug-in. This is where ACR and an Epson plug-in reside. Of course, there is the plug-in folder (on Mac) within the Photoshop application folder:

~/Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2022/Plug-ins

I would not expect to see the plug-in you're looking for here, however. 

Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/plug-ins-photoshop-troubleshooting.html#Locatepluginfolders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac doesn't support the file though, right? That has been the original issue all along. They took it from both Mac and Windows versions but it still works on Windows only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel Macs will support the Shake Reduction feature and also M1 (or 2?) Macs as long as you run PS via Rosetta 2. This does tend to slow it down both in loading and in operation. It is also a bit of a memory hog. 

Wilson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @franciss43197070 !!! LOL, yours is the TRUE solution to the problem for this missing filter; it is comical that the "solution" is so simple.  The FACT that this works is proof that there is nothing wrong with the filter at all. 

I know a lot of you are putting 100% of the blame for this on Adobe for not being able to get this filter to work on M1 Macs.  But I'm not convinced they are fully to blame.  This is PURE SPECULATION, but now more than ever I think Apple played a role in Adobe removing the Shake Reduction filter.  The existance of a very simple to use, quick, and effective feature that works perfectly fine on everything ecept an M1 Mac is as much or more of a knock on Apple as it is Adobe.  It just seems odd to me that Adobe would remove a perfectly functional feature on it's own just because it doesn't work on a very small percentage of user machines.  If M1 Macs were the lion's share of end user machines, then I would understand, but that obviously isn't the case.

Thank you again @franciss43197070.  Let's hope Adobe doesn't intentionally break this work around in an upcoming release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reiterate, that a tiny operation like Topaz labs have managed to get their shake reduction app (Sharpen AI) working on M1 Macs. No it is not quite as slick as the PS filter was but it gives very good results. If a minnow like Topaz can make it work, why can't the behemoth that is Adobe do it. I can only assume it is lack of will and a loss of interest in pure photography, where they now prefer to be messing about with design and video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks, none of this is at all surprising. Adobe long ago abandoned doing any work on Filters, even though they're how so many of us fell in love with Ps in the first place. The vast majority of filters haven't been touched since the 90s and almost no new filters (Neural, i know) have been introduced since that time either. From my perspective, Filters (and Adj Layers) should be under constant development with updates, improvements and additions. That they're not just goes to show how out of touch Adobe is these days.
It's time to start demanding that Adobe create an API for both Filters and Adjustments so that 3rd party devs can start doing all the work that Adobe is uninterested or unwilling to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CEO of Adobe was interviewed on CNBC (Jim Cramer) last night and not
once did he mention photography. He did mention "creators" and "design" a
lot as this is their future. Adobe has moved on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's time to start demanding that Adobe create an API for both Filters and Adjustments so that 3rd party devs can start doing all the work that Adobe is uninterested or unwilling to do.

Start here:

https://developer.adobe.com/photoshop/uxp/guides/

https://developer.adobe.com/photoshop/photoshop-api-docs/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @franciss43197070 

Looks like your Shake Reduction.8bf solution was only a temporary joy for me.

After the latest update 23.4.1, when I click on Shake Reduction, I get this error message:

"Could not complete the Shake Reduction command because of disk error".

I tried increasing the scratch disk to no avail. I also tried to delete the Shake Reduction.8bf

and restart the software then shut it down and recopy the 8bf file into the folder and I still

get the same error. It looks like Adobe probably jammed the work around somehow.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate