• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please support PixelBender in CS6/CC

LEGEND ,
May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why pn earth would Adobe drop this hugely successful and uniqe set of plug-ins/filters! I know a lot of people are very unhappy about this. I really hope Adobe changes its mind and comes out with an upgrade/patch to fix this problem.

Idea Declined
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Photoshop no longer supports Pixel Bender.

Status Declined

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013
FYI - Legacy downloads for the Pixel Bender plug-in that are compatible with Photoshop CS4, Photoshop CS5 (12.0) and Photoshop CS5 (12.1) have been relocated from Adobe Labs and consolidated here:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/pixelbend...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012
Thank you all for your interest in and enthusiasm for Pixel Bender. Pixel Bender has been offered in the past on Adobe Labs as a technology preview. As of CS6, we're no longer providing Pixel Bender as a Labs technology. Photoshop CS6 has taken the Pixel Bender filter most popular with customers, Oil Paint, and turned it into an official feature in CS6. Photoshop CS6 no longer supports Pixel Bender for 3rd party development.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 211 Replies 211
211 Comments
New Here ,
May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am one of the unhappy people Randall is referring to.

I also hope Adobe changes their mind - this was one of the cooler aspects of a classic app.

In addition, the "oil paint" filter that was added to CS 6 does not produce as pleasant or useful results as the old standby Pixel Bender version. The new version actually offers LESS control over the output than the older version. Why??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also miss Pixel Bender in CS6! So bring it back, but please with an up to date userinterface! Not the one you use for the Oil paintfilter! We need something like the one that blur gallrey uses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been an extremely light user of Pixel Bender, still I hope it will be re-introduced to Photoshop at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having spent several months to develope Pixelbender filters that work in photoshop and flash, I really need this plugin back. I don't want to be stucked with CS5. Please put it back into the line.

Regards,
Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was an early adopter of Pixelbender, more as a user, and I'd gotten accustomed to the fine degree of control it gave you over thing normally reserved for Maya or Houdini. It was an awesome solution for getting certain looks across in my concept art. I simply don't see how you could announce a product plug in for photoshop last July (as dated in the forum) and then by december gauge that there was not enough interest to merit continued support. That's what you call giving up on your customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pixel Bender is (was) unique, we want it back - please.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2012 Jun 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make sure, have you clicked the »+1«-button?
Because it seems the number of »people like this idea« has not changed recently ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2012 Jun 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, please, please make CS6 compatible with Pixel Bender.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need pixelbender for CS6 badly! Dont want to have to go back to CS5 every time i want to bend some pixels!! Use this software for major parts of all my artwork!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was also a pixel bender user and am sad that it isn't usable in CS6. I agree that the oil paint that was incorporated is not as good as the pixel bender one with the fine tune slider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe needs to continue development of their PB plug-in or release it as open source, so we may at least have a change to continue using it in CS6 and future releases. Instead of worrying about a piece of unique software that might not be of great interest to the majority of its users, I think they should care about it even if there were only a hundred loyal users!

I regret the upgrade to CS6 through the Creative Cloud, only to find out about major incompatibility issues, including that 3rd party software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. When I want to use the Oil Paint filter, I always go back to CS 5.5. The implementation of the filter in CS 6 is missing capabilities that are in the old one, and you've added a reflectance slider that is simply useless.
You took a great thing and messed it up. Fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6: Is it no longer possible for my students to generate Droste effects that are created with a Pixel Bender filter? They are truly upset. A workaround would be wonderful! Any help would be welcomed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If somebody at Adobe is reading all these comments would you please at least acknowledge that you are aware of all the complaints and that you at least recognise that by not making CS6 compatible with Pixel Bender, Adobe has made a lot of people very unhappy! I would really like to know that somebody in the Adobe production/development department is getting these messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course we're reading them, and we're aware of your disappointment -- but there's not a whole lot we can do about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because the other team that created PixelBender is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this is not the best excuse!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like a plausible explanation to me – after all Pixel bender was offered on Adobe Labs free of charge and if I understood correctly it was aimed at Flash-users more than Photoshop-users.

But explanatory value aside it does seem a pity that a team was disbanded and this feature abandoned ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I really don't understand. I have no idea how these things work. Did the team that developed PB, who have now left, have some sort of propriatory rights to the plug-in? If not, is there really no one there that knows how to physically make CS6 compatible with PB? Seems hard to believe. We're talking about the hugest, most powerful company in the graphic/photographic industry. The statement that "there's just not a lot we can do about it," really is difficult to accept.
Like I said, I have no idea about the legal aspects or logistics of software development. But if I have to stay with CS5 or lose PB, and if no amount of public out-cry is going to change that, then I would at least like a reasonabe and understandible explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but there really isn't much that the Photoshop team can do about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but this is too easy. The Photoshop team could do everything about this. What if they decided to back out? Would that be the end of Photoshop too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's your explanation?! Maybe I'm not understanding what "Photoshop Family" actually is. Are you Adobe employees? Who is it within the Adobe empire that does have control over software development?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photoshop team did not write PixelBender, and does not have the specialized knowledge to maintain the code in PixelBender. PixelBender was written by another team, in another organization - and that team is gone.

Again, the Photoshop team can't do much about this. We wanted PixelBender, we spent a lot of time helping them get their plugin up shippable standards - but now the team that wrote it is gone, due to decisions outside of the Photoshop team's control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

"another organization"? What organization are you talking about?
Who wrote the Oilpaint filter for CS6? That "other team" or the Photoshop team?
Anyway, if Pixel Bender comes back any time, it should get the new UI that the blur gallery uses.

Votes

Translate

Translate