• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Remove the 8192px limit on Save for Web

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not allowed to save image with greater width than 8192px when saving for web. Seems like a silly arbitrary limit, imposed by Adobe. Please remove

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 112 Replies 112
112 Comments
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You deserve a n extra cuote of heaven bro, thans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export As doesn't support slices, so one has to either use work arounds for Save for Web or use a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so maybe put it up for developers to fix it. its 2023 already and it's still the same problem. it should not have any limit, it's dumb and it's counter-intuitive and it's not that much of a code to implement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When do you need 8000+ pixel web images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Designing an Instagram carousel, for instance. IG allows 10 images in a carousel; at 1024px wide, that's over 10k pixels. The slice tool makes it super easy to split that design up, but then you can't output the slices with Save for Web. Yes, it's one workflow, and there are ways around it, but Slice tool + S4W is so convenient. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@flysi3000 wrote: Designing an Instagram carousel, for instance. IG allows 10 images in a carousel; at 1024px wide, that's over 10k pixels.

"Save for Web (legacy)" is from ImageReady, which was released in 25 years ago in 1998. When was the Instagram Carousel developed? 

In my (personal) opinion, it would be better for Adobe to create something new and exciting that would wow today's users instead of trying to fix Save for Web (legacy).

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aw man, I miss ImageReady! (lol, not really, but I did rely on it wayyy back in the day...)

Anyway, sure, a new tool would be great. It doesn't have to be an update of S4W, but something that fits today's workflows. Adobe would probably say use Adobe Express - maybe that's a valid option too. I got this particular example from watching an experienced creative director's frustration with trying to make a simple IG Carousel in Photoshpo. I think he's moved on to Figma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and it's not that much of a code to implement.
By Oskar30015771e7g8

===========

Ha, ha, ha, ha. Be my guest.  Show us how it's done, Oskar. 😂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Designing an Instagram carousel, for instance. IG allows 10 images in a carousel; at 1024px wide, that's over 10k pixels. The slice tool makes it super easy to split that design up, but then you can't output the slices with Save for Web. Yes, it's one workflow, and there are ways around it, but Slice tool + S4W is so convenient. 

By @flysi3000 

Export As has a limit of 15,000px, however, doesn't support the slice tool.

A script can save slices without the 8192px limit:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't a matter of needing 8200px web images. It's about slicing individual, smaller images from one large design. It is ridiculous that individual slices are forced into final image sizes smaller than the actual size just because they are part of a single large file. Our "designers" are building files for mobile web pages that are way, way over the 8192px height limit. The web page consists of several sections that need to be exported individually. I now need to split the file into multiple, smaller files just so I can slice it and export the images at actual size. It's making for needless additional work. The whole point of slices and "Save for web" is to export a large layout into smaller assets. The size of the entire file should not limit the size of exported assets.

Adobe - remove the 8192px limit for "Save For Web".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Paul Zahorosky 

As Save for Web (Legacy) is from the old ImageReady code-base, I doubt that it will be overhauled (I believe that it has had minor bug fixes and updates).

Slicing images to reassemble in an HTML table is mostly an outdated practice by current standards and technology (or so I am told).

Probably better to create a new idea topic for Export As to include/support slicing (I'll add my vote), as Export As is meant to replace Save for Web... Export As has some nice new features that are not available to Save for Web, however, it's also missing many other features from Save for Web. Unfortunately, Export As appears to be lagging in development since it's initial introduction.

NOTE: Even the new Export As has a limit of 20,000 px as the input size.

Until then, you are best using one of the scripts that I previously linked to save slices (PSD or JPEG) or make layers from slices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! It worked for me!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate