• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Mobile: Ability to place PSDX files

LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to open (albeit old) PSDX files on iPad. Since PSDX originated with Adobe's Photoshop Touch, it should have been built into the new Photoshop for iPad so users could assess those files without resorting to desktop.
Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely must be able to open psdx files in Photoshop for

iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iOS PS Touch was my constant go-to app on my iPad Pro for years—I deliberately kept my iPad on iOS 10 just to be able to continue using it and have access to my older work—I'm amazed at how much PSDX work I do have saved from that wonderful app. Though I have everything backed up to an external drive, I keep a lot of them on my older iPad Pro and a number of client files stored on the CC Cloud, all in PS Touch's native PSDX layers file format. I've since gotten a 12.9" Pro iPad to load all the apps my 9.7" iPad Pro on iOS 10 doesn't support and—despite the more difficult-to-use, though also certainly more feature-rich interface—I'm excited about learning how to use Photoshop on iOS 13 for iPad. It would make my PS for iPad experience that much richer and also very helpful for me to be able to open or import those older PSDX files from Creative Cloud into my Photoshop for iPad app.I know there's a PSDX Import plug-in for both CS 6 and CC on the Mac, but I do so much of my work on my iPad when I'm out of my house and on the go, so I'm stll using my smaller iPad Pro 9.7" size most of the time. It's lighter, not as bulky and just that much easier to lug around with me. It looks like I may be in the minority right now in asking for this feature to be added to the next version, but I do have at least three other artist friends of mine who also have work stored in your older PSDX format. Thanks for listening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Desktop Ps can open PS Touch projects (PSDX);  mobile Ps CANNOT (iPad Pro; 12.4)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes absolutely no sense that the mobile device platform this file format was created on can only currently be opened on a desktop platform.
This response post was a rehash of what I already stated and not really helpful...I know this. My post was a plea request directed towards developers to add being able to open PSDX files in the next release of PS for iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until such time as the format is available to open with Photoshop for the iPad you can try a couple things to get it available.
1. From the originating application use the Share function to save as a psd to Creative Cloud files, which can be opened from Photoshop on the iPad.

2. On the Creative Cloud desktop app navigate to the file, from the ellipsis menu select Convert to Fresco to create a file that Adobe Fresco can open. Open the file in Fresco to get the cpsd created which can be opened in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks so much for your response, Mike. Yeah, I was delighted to see that option in SHARE...I tried it a few times but was unsuccessful—regardless of what project or file format I chose.

I can start a project in a number of other apps—Affinity Photo, Handy Photo, Procreate—and then successfully open that file in PS Touch,.

But even though those apps all appear in PS Touch's SHARE window, Procreate seems to be the only app that I can successfully hand a PS Touch file over to in any format—AND that does include native PSDs with layers—to open its files in another app.

Strangely, that action only places it, however, in Procreate's gallery. If Procreate's not open, I have to manually open Procreate and then it shows up there on its Gallery screen—PS Touch still doesn't trigger launching Procreate in the same way other files sent between my other apps do.

I suppose I can use that workflow to pass on my PS Touch files in PSD formar into Procreate and then open it from Procreate into Photoshop for iPad

It's a somewhat acceptable two-step compromise, but not as preferable as being able to import my PSDX files from the CC Cloud directly into Adobe PS for iPad.

PS Touch lets me backup to and open my work from CC in JPEG, PNG and PSDX formats—though inexplicably, NOT in PSD!

But it just refuses to accept my passing it through PS Touch's SHARE option to place in my CC Cloud work folder, even though "IMPORT WITH CC CLOUD" is there in my set of export choices.

Hopefully they'll consider adding the ability to be able to open legacy PSDX files directly within PS for iPad with its forthcoming version.

Votes

Translate

Translate