• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Unable to Rasterize EPS Upon opening in Photoshop 22.4.3

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating Photoshop, my EPS files are automatically opened up before I can resize them. It was working fine before then. I'm on a macOS Big Sur 11.4

Other computer specs:

Processor: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

RAM: 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB

Is this a bug in the new update or am I doing something improperly with the latest update?

{Moderator note: PS-70057}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Hi all,

We're happy to annouce the release for Photoshop 22.5 release which includes the fix for this issue. Please update Photoshop and let us know your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultfuqptgjel0pc wrote:

After updating Photoshop, my EPS files are automatically opened up before I can resize them. It was working fine before then. I'm on a macOS Big Sur 11.4

Rasterize or resize? Are you placing the EPS files or opening them in Photoshop?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm opening them. Before the update, I was always asked to rasterize the file. Now it's opening as channels and paths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post one eps and screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible to illustrate what result you get? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gladly! Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 10.10.43 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please dont clip screenshots to exclude relevant parts. 

I fail to see the Paths. 

Can you provide the eps itself? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
This has been reported in several threads. See:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/cannot-open-eps-file-in-photoshop-index-layer/m-p...

Rolling back to a previous version using the CC app works for now.

Please report it as a bug so Adobe will see it here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/ 

ABD361F0-F858-4387-AB06-E7E9359CC34B.jpeg

EDIT on July 26: the link here no longer goes to a separate post because Staff has just merged several threads into one.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug.

More here:  https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/cannot-open-eps-file-in-photoshop/m-p/12189573

This workaround allowed me to open .eps files:

"On windows i have to use File>Open As Generic EPS and on mac highlight the eps file in the photoshop open dialog and select Generic EPS from the Format dropdown menu."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Terry5FF7 Thank you! This method is working for me on v.22.4.3 Windows 10 Pro.

JainLemos_1-1626994185185.png

JainLemos_0-1626994033375.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Superstar - solved it thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally when I drag any EPS file in (in this case I'm talking about my logos), it asks me what size and what DPI I want it to be, then it opens the file with no background as the file does not have one.

Now it just opens right up without asking me the size I want it to be, it also puts a white background in, plus the logos looks like crap. What happened? How do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that happen to All eps file or to a certiain eps file? 
Have you tried re-saving the eps files from illustrator and place it into photoshop?

If you are using the logos frequently, save them in library and you can simply drag them directly between application 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This happens with all EPS files. I have not done anything with illustrator as I have never used that program before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not appear to have access to Illustrator 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which photoshop version are you using ? 
have you tried resetting photoshop preferences settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look here: Solved: Unable to Rasterize EPS Upon opening in Photoshop ... - Adobe Support Community - 12191007

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded Photoshop on my Mac this morning to v22.4.3 and now I cannot open .eps files as vector images.

When I try to open an eps, instead of giving me the screen which allows me to define the height, width, resolution, it instead opens the file as a small "index" file.

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 2.22.57 PM.png

I tried deleting my Preferences but that did not fix the problem. What am I missing here? I've never seen this before. Is it just a setting I'm not aware of?

[title edited by moderator to include "Index layer" for clarity]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this and issue with all EPS  files or just this one? Can you try another EPS that has worked for you before?

An Index layer generally indicates a GIF, which creates an index of up to 256 colors. Did you create this file, or did it come from another source? 

An EPS can be vector or raster or a combination. If you see anchor points, it is vector, and typically Illustrator is the correct application to work with vector graphics. Are there anchor points and can you edit them with the direct selection tool?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens with any/all .eps files. It's happening with files I've had for years and opened without any issues.

Also, the same .eps files work great in After Effects and are infinitely scalable.

I was also able to properly open them on another Mac running an older version of Photoshop. So it's definitely not an issue with the files themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can report it as a bug so Adobe will see it here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Terry5FF7 I tried this just now with an old eps file (my company logo) and it opened as it should. I'm attaching it here as a test. Are you able to open it in Photoshop and get the regular dialog box? If not, then it is a bug you can report at the link that @jane-e provided above.

JainLemos_0-1626815188529.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. It opened as a 540x198 Index file.

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 3.13.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. Seems to be specific to your copy of Photoshop since you only upgraded this morning to v22.4.3. Have you tried rolling back to a previous version to see if that is stable for you?

(P.S. I removed my logo file for now.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't done anything with it yet. I wanted to make sure it wasn't something I'm doing wrong.

Despite what my profile says, I am not a "Community Beginner". And I've been using Photoshop for about 25 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would reset the photoshop preferences by going to Photoshop>Preferences>General, clicking Reset Preferences On Quit and then restarting photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines