• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bought Photoshop Elements 2021 Today and Every Time I Use my Tablet Pen, It Crashes

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bought Photoshop Elements 2021 Today and Every Time I Use my Tablet Pen, It Crashes

I spent $113.99 on this new type of Photoshop Elements... I've been using Photoshop Elements 9 since 2012; I decided to get this new one SOLEY for the Group Layers function; I refuse to pay a subscription fee for a hobby of mine so that is why I use Photoshop Elements... and 9 worked wonderfully; just didn't have a Group Layers function.

Zero problems using my tablet with FREEWARE... but after a 6 and a half hour installation, after all my Bamboo Plugins (all two of them) were fully updated, I go to edit some of my long unfinished drawings... and it immediatly crashes.

The computer I have is new, and I've never had issues before... I am beside myself and very hurt because drawing is my therapy/release... and now I can't even do that... someone PLEASE tell me this is a bug that will be fixed... or else I've wasted my money...

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, I believe it's a known issue with the latest Photoshop Elements update (2021.1) which was released on 3 Feb 2021.

Apparently, Adobe are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. See the post from @NidhiSachdeva  at the bottom of this thread:

Photoshop elements 2021 crashes when trying to use my XP-Pen 

In the meantime, there is a workaround described in this post:

Crashing when I use my Wacom tablet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bought Photoshop Elements 2021 17.February 2021 and Every Time I Use my Tablet Pen, It Crashes

I spent 100€ on this new type of Photoshop Elements and it's not working -yet. I'w been installing and uninstalling it for about 20 times like the Photoshop help adwices... and sending reports about 100 times. Starting to get frustrated and getting no work done.  

Adobe please do something fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another suffering from the same problem. Bought Photoshop Elements 2021 on disk this week from Amazon. After installing the software, there was an immediate prompt to install an update. (what can go wrong there ...). So, after that massive follow-up download got its act together, I then went to use it for the first time with an active pen and immediate crashing ensued when attempting to draw on the canvas. Went round in circles till I found this thread. I though it was just me. Uninstalled and re-installed from the supposedly 'outdated' disk. Followed this by putting a halt to any updates, Well, what do you know? Everything now works like a dream. How the heck do I find out when the problem is fixed? Is it like a game of Russian roulette regarding trusting a future update? Or will Adobe actually make a proper announcement? Ah, we shall see ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick,

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 should still notify you if an update is available when it starts up (as I'm assuming you've turned off the option to automatically download and install updates!)

There's always an accompanying release note for each update listing the issues that the update addresses:

Updates for Photoshop Elements and Camera Raw

Sometimes it is worth waiting a little while to see if any updates have inadvertently introduced new issues. This forum is good place to check first before updating, along with:

Photoshop Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Phil.-- most useful!

I shall keep an eye out on the links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Phil I know its been a while but do you know if there has been an update on this crashing issue? It was happening in 21 so I upgraded to 22 and it is worse. When I click the icon now the computer crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The Photoshop Elements Update 2021.2 has been released today which will fix the issue with Tablet Pen.

Here are the release notes: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html

Please let us know if you still face any issue.

Regards,

Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the notification -- I'll give it a go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I updated PSE to the 2021.2 version (20210304.m.156367) and can report that the Wacom tablet I use (Intuos PT.S, driver 6.3.42-2) now works without any problems! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines