• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

From Photoshop Elements Organizer 8 to Adobe Bridge

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this argument has been already discussed... I can't find it.
I would like to know if it's possible export catalogue (with tag) from Photoshop Elements Organizer 8 to Adobe Bridge.

Thank you so much and sorry for my english.

Massimo

TOPICS
Import and export , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

I would like to know if it's possible export catalogue (with tag) from Photoshop Elements Organizer 8 to Adobe Bridge.

Massimo

By @massimo.emme

The organizer (like Lightroom) is an asset management tool based on a catalog. Bridge is a super browser adding a lot of management functions for digital photo files. It has no catalog and works with 'caches' to speed up searches from

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Massimo

By @massimo.emme

The organizer (like Lightroom) is an asset management tool based on a catalog. Bridge is a super browser adding a lot of management functions for digital photo files. It has no catalog and works with 'caches' to speed up searches from data stored in the files themselves, not in separate catalogs.

So, to work with Bridge, your job will be to transfer the most of the information you have stored in your catalog (such as tags, captions, ratings) by 'writing metadata to files'. That will transfer the information to the files themselves and Bridge, like most other organizing softwares including the Windows Explorer, will be able to work on those data. However, some types of data organization (grouping) can't be written to files. For instance albums (collections in Lightroom), stacks and version set can't be written to files.

You can select files (even you whole library) in the organizer and use the menu File > Write metadata to files (shortcut Ctrl W).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Michel,
thank you for answer!
I will continue to use Photoshop Elements for cataloging and Photoshop for editing 🙂
Have a nice day!

Massimo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines