• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to update camera raw 11.3 for elements 2019?

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.png

download 11.3 from adobe.com

2.png

3.png

install camera raw 11.3

4.png

it's still 11.1.0.112

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

The ACR version that you have downloaded is for Photoshop CC only, not for Photoshop Elements.  You have the latest ACR available for Elements (11.1).  I expect that ACR for Elements will be updated to 11.3 in the future but I have no information as to when that may be.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ACR version that you have downloaded is for Photoshop CC only, not for Photoshop Elements.  You have the latest ACR available for Elements (11.1).  I expect that ACR for Elements will be updated to 11.3 in the future but I have no information as to when that may be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the web for downloading the 11.1? Actually, I don't need 11.3, 11.2 is enough for me, it is already enough to read .CR3  from Canon EOS RP. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately Adobe has not gone past ACR11.1 except for Creative Cloud apps. Elements customers’ feel like second class citizens. I suggest you try on-line chat although my experience suggests it makes no difference regarding camera raw updates for Elements. Click the link below and under individual click “Sign-in to contact us”

https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

If necessary keep a record of this thread and complain publicly @Adobe. Twitter seems to escalate the stakes and Adobe, like others hates bad publicity.

https://twitter.com/Adobe

Others with new camera models and shooting raw should delay any further purchase of Photoshop Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

99jon  wrote

Unfortunately Adobe has not gone past ACR11.1 except for Creative Cloud apps. Elements customers’ feel like second class citizens.

The reasons why old and experienced Elements customers feel like second class citizens is clearly explained in the recent marketing strategy. Take the time to read and understand the official road map:

Frequently Asked Questions | Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019

"Most free photo editors offer a very limited set of editing tools. Photoshop Elements is the leader in consumer photo editing software because it provides every level of user everything they need to organize, edit, create, and share:"

Notice the words "every level".

Is it true for advanced users? I must admit that in PSE,  I can do everything I want for my needs of passionate photographer, from intricate editing to advanced library management. I never need to use the combo Photoshop/Lightroom (which Adobe provides to me for helping in this forum).

However, I feel like my peers that too many marketing facts are explaining the growing lack of confidence in PSE from the current PSE user base.

The current issue in this discussion about ACR 11.3 is a clear symptom. A new feature has been added to 11.3:

New features summary for the May 2019 release of Camera Raw

Clearly, the explanation given in another thread, the fact that any update to the module implies an update of the editor itself may be partly true. That is understood as the burden to 'cripple' each new version of ACR (that's the word used by Photoshop Gurus when speaking about that  PSE ACR plugin. Will the future ACR version include the new slider? Or ?

It appears totally logical for Adobe to avoid creating competition with its other 'pro' (and subscription) softwares.

- limiting ACR (it would be much less work not to cripple it).

- not allowing to open jpegs in the ACR module from the organizer

- Not supplying regular updates even necessitated by severe issues and bugs.

- Practically no official feedback in the feedback forum.

- No new features for serious customers in the yearly versions, only fancy automatic features requiring outrageous hardware specs. What I am seeing in other forums is the tendency to avoid updating regularly on that account.

- No connection at all with PSE and the new cloud-based LR that Adobe is trying hard to push.

- The friendly and positive Indian team has no real influence in marketing decisions, hence the tendency to use the feedback forum or twitter...

Photoshop Elements is the leader in consumer photo editing software

I'd be curious to check if PSE is still the leader, and what the trend is now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi xpy,

Camera Raw for Photoshop Elements comes inbuilt with the application itself unlike Photoshop. Photoshop Elements 2019 only supports the version of Camera raw that was supplied with it's latest update,

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

faq:

FAQ: Will Photoshop Elements work with my camera, or Why won't my raw files open?

If you don't want to wait for an unlikely update for PSE2019 or to pay the next upgrade for PSE2020 (my guess is it will support ACR 11.3), simply download and install the free Adobe DNGconverter mentionned in that faq.

That independent program (not a plugin) will batch convert a whole folder of your unsupported raw files to the DNG raw format that your current PSE version can open and edit. An additional (batch) step but with the same quality and free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems unusual that there have been no further camera raw updates for PSE 2019. The last update being v11.1 in December 2018.  The Creative Cloud version has had three:

-February 2019 v11.2

-April 2019 v11.2.1 (dot release specific to Bridge & Lightroom where files located on NAS)

-May 2019 v11.3

I will make some enquiries to see if there has been a change in policy regarding the lack of raw support for the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The situation is further confused by this table which seems to suggest that Elements 2019 supports Camera Raw 11.3

Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that the current 11.1 version does not support Fujifilm RAF files from my X-T30 as I am getting an error on attempting to open the file. Any way to know as the file import list just states RAF files for RAW with no other version number and the camera model is listed as supported for the Camera Raw plugin.

The Update menu option (as suggested in the pop-up window) is greyed out so not an option to run an upgrade?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The XT30 requires 11.2 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I found in another post. Feels like I got done when I bought the software in March 2019 to find out it only has 2018 plug in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines