Highlighted

Change suffix for exporting 2x and 1x images

Participant ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating web icons that need to be exported at two different sizes for retina screens.  Since this is raster artwork, I create the larger size first then scale down.  I'd like to use Photoshop's export options to export both sizes at once but the file naming doesn't quite work.  I need the 100% size to be named @2x and the 50% size to be have no suffix.  When I try removing the 0.5x suffix it comes right back, so I always have to rename the file afterward.  Is there any workaround?

Topics

Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Change suffix for exporting 2x and 1x images

Participant ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating web icons that need to be exported at two different sizes for retina screens.  Since this is raster artwork, I create the larger size first then scale down.  I'd like to use Photoshop's export options to export both sizes at once but the file naming doesn't quite work.  I need the 100% size to be named @2x and the 50% size to be have no suffix.  When I try removing the 0.5x suffix it comes right back, so I always have to rename the file afterward.  Is there any workaround?

Topics

Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?