Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop JPG files size increased suddenly while saving

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ...

I am using Photoshop CC 2015 Version on Windows 7. (Cant upgrade PS or Windows I have to stick with it as it is my requirement)

I used to work daily on a Demo.psd file 1000*562 (72 resolution) every image I save usually comes around 800 KB with max 12 quality, Yetserday I saved a demo.jpg with size 840 KB .

When I opened same psd file toady and saved the same image which I saved yesterday but now jpg file saved with increased size to 1.9 MB ( even with quality set to 1 it is saving max of 1.5 MB ), So I taught of a issue with psd file and created entirely new document with same details 1000*562 (72 resolution) but now surprisingly file jpg file saved with 350 KB.

So I dont know where things went wrong with old psd file I am having jpg files with huge size and with new psd file, jpg files saving with low size ...no matter what I do I am not able to get the actual size, I checked this with multiple images not single one is matching the size either high or low. I even tried with save for web still low size ...no matter what I do i am not getting my usually 800 KB files

Note: Other PSD files which I used to work for JPG images is working fine
Note: I also had same issue one more PSD file which I used to work for PNG images.

It would be great help it is resolved

Thanks in Advance.
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like photoshop:DocumentAncestors metadata bloat has reared it's ugly head yet again:

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/06/metadata-bloat-photoshopdocumentancestors.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines