• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bin preview takes an awfully long time

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has existed for many years, but it still hasn't been fixed. If I create a project not with 10-15 files, but if it's about a wedding or some corporate event, I have to import 200-300 files from each camera into the project, and that's when real problems with previewing in the Bin begin. It takes an incredibly long time, and all productivity is reduced to zero.
And this doesn't depend on the equipment I'm working on, as it is far from being weak.
My configuration:
CPU: i9 13900k
RAM: DDR5 6000Mhz - 64GB
GRAPHIC CARD: RTX 4070Ti - 12GB
All files on SSD and NVME
I will attach a video so you can see how slowly the previews are generated in the Bin

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

I figured out the problem and am ready to share my experience with everyone 🙂
The thing is, strangely enough, the problem lies with the integrated Intel graphics. It doesn't matter how powerful your discrete graphic card is, how powerful your processor is, or how fast your NVMe is—Bin Preview will lag until you disable the integrated Intel graphics.
And once you disable it, you won't recognize Premiere Pro because everything will start working several times faster without exaggeration, and the is

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the bug report. You've described the situation well and provided specs for your computer. That is very much appreciated. Can you provide any further details, such as your media type? The team will need that in order to reproduce your bug and fix it. See, How do I write a bug report?

I hope the team, an Adobe Expert, or a community member will help you with this frustrating situation as soon as possible. Sorry for all the trouble.

Take Care,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
6 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the bug report. You've described the situation well and provided specs for your computer. That is very much appreciated. Can you provide any further details, such as your media type? The team will need that in order to reproduce your bug and fix it. See, How do I write a bug report?

I hope the team, an Adobe Expert, or a community member will help you with this frustrating situation as soon as possible. Sorry for all the trouble.

Take Care,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The status of this bug report has been updated.

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin
I use H264 XAVC (Sony) codec 1080p 50fps - 50Mb/s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2024 Jul 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul,

I experimented with importing a large group of items, and looking to see whether preview generation shows up on any of the PR background process tools. It did not: Progress panel and Progress Dashboard are handy, and they will show activity that is completed. But nothing for preview generation. And nothing shows, as expected, in lower right of screen where pek file generation shows.

Also, the number of mp4 files I had available per folder was not high enough to slow it down very much. But I could see that previews were not there is the beginning, and taking some number of seconds to be generated.

I would look at performance indicators - CPU, GPU, drives just to see where the activity is.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured out the problem and am ready to share my experience with everyone 🙂
The thing is, strangely enough, the problem lies with the integrated Intel graphics. It doesn't matter how powerful your discrete graphic card is, how powerful your processor is, or how fast your NVMe is—Bin Preview will lag until you disable the integrated Intel graphics.
And once you disable it, you won't recognize Premiere Pro because everything will start working several times faster without exaggeration, and the issue that made me open this thread on the forum will disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate