Exit

Bins no longer created upon import

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere version 22.5

macOS Monterey 12.0.1

I'm importing clips from multiple show titles, and on my harddrive I have clips from each title organized into Folders in Finder, but when I Import the folders, any folders with out multiple clips don't import as Bins. If there is one clip in the folder, only that clip imports, without a bin, and if there's nothing in the folder, nothing happens at all. This is not how it used to work, and I'm wondering if it's a bug.

I would like to maintain the same file structure in Premiere that I'm using in Finder, plus if/when I get new clips from these titles, I'd like them to have an existing bin to be imported to. Having to go through and recreate these bins seems like an unneccesary step.

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, barlbonway,

I appreciate the post. Thanks for that. Yes, it is a known issue. I believe it is a limitation but I would also classify it as a bug. I moved the post into the bug reports forum and will add my upvote. I'll bring up a discussion with developers and will echo your report.

Thanks for bringing it up. You will need to work around this problem for now. Sorry about that.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate