• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fix Libraries

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Adobe is getting rid of what is by far the most useful feature of having a software subscription, the Synced Files feature, it only makes since that the Libraries feature becomes something useful. As it stands, it supports such a small number of file types that it is not useful for much of anything. Why it just doesn't support any file types I don't understand. It doesn't even support MOGRT files, one of Adobe's own file formats! What is worse is that the panel seems to do nothing in Premiere. If you try to upload a file to it, via dragging, it just ignores you. It is really pathetic that Libraries has been so bad for sooo long, especially considering that Adobe is removing access to a feature that worked GREAT and was used by many in our office every day. I work for a very large insittution that has literally thousands of CC licenses. Being able to share files using the synced files feature was great. Now that they are turning it off, I decided to give Libraries another chance. It does not work at all, I suggest fixing this ASAP.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Performance or Stability , Projects or collaboration , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
11 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The departure of CC Files is a big loss for many users. All I can say about that is that I wish it was not happening.

I'm not sure what you mean about mogrt's not being supported by CC Libraries. Any mogrt can be exported to a library or copied the after the fact. See the image below for how to copy a local mogrt to a Library. Once added to a Library, it is a simple click and drag from the Essential Graphics Panel (or even from the Libraries panel) to add it to any sequence in any project.

Pr24.2 CopyToLib.png

If that is not working for you, we will need to figure out why and then get a bug logged for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I am unable to drag any file from a project into the libraries panel in Premiere. Nothing happens. I just see "start building a library". I can make folder, but the "add elements" plus sign is greyed out. It has been like this across 8 years of Premiere for me, across many different machines and two different CC accounts. i just figured it was a broken and useless feature. But yesterday I needed to transfer some files to a coworker and I wanted to try it out again since some features of synced files have already started breaking. When I discovered that the panel in Premiere was still not functional, I tried to upload to libraries via the CC app and I got an error message that the .mogrt file type is not supported in libraries. I then tried to upload an MXF file and got an error message that that file format was not supported in libraries. This is the same problem I had the last time I tried this many years ago. Am I missing something? I am signed in inside of Premiere, I am signed into CC, the library shows I have permission to use it, but I can't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MunchyBugs_0-1705505188588.png

The Plus button doesn't do anything and is greyed out. I cannot drag from anywhere; not the project panel, not the Essential Grpahics panel, not from the timeline, not any files. It doesn't work for mogrts I created, it doesnt work for anything. In After Effects tried many different file types and the only thing that would upload was an mp4 and a jpg. It seems libraries only supports a very small number of file types and mogrts and important video files are not among them. The files I was able to put in the libraries panel in AE became available in Premiere. But even more messed up is that if I drag a file type, like a mov or mxf, from AE into libraries it just does nothing. No error, it just ignores the command. The panel is just very very limited to the point of illrelivance and that was my point; someone should make it useful. And make it do something in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MunchyBugs_0-1705507305520.png

Here is the error from the app when you try to upload something like an mxf or a mogrt. Of note, again, none of these file types they claim work actually work in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that is very ... odd.

Like many other users, I do use the CC Library system, and have for years, without a single problem.

So something in your setup is really off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly have you been using it for? Since I've had problems with its utility on many different machines over the years, I dobut it is something in my setup. Are you able to upload mxf or mogrt files to libraries?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies... I mentioned an image in my previous reply and then forgot to add the image. It's added now. That should explain better than words can how to add mogrt to Libraries using the Essential Graphics Panel. I've never had good results trying to add things directly to the Libraries panel. Applying things from there usually works OK, but still, for mogrts in Libraries, I suggest using only the EGP if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you cannot add source footage to a Library from within Premiere Pro, try using the Creative Cloud Desktop application.  Go to  Files > Your Libraries.  The Add Item button is a large blue plus at the right of the Window when viewing the contents of a Library.

Across Adobe applications I've found Libraries to be very helpful for Graphics (PSDs, AIs, PNGs), Color Themes, Gradients, Lights, and Models; but okay for Videos.  This mostly has to do with video files usually having a much larger file size.  

If I need to access or share videos frequently, I use FrameIO instead which is included with our subscription plan (100GB of storage), accessible from within Premiere Pro and After Effects, and much more video-friendly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used the CC Libraries for deploying mogrts across machines and users via Shared Libraries.

I've used them for an awesome but little known feature of Adobe Capture, using a photo from my phone to make interesting and useful "Looks", essentially LUTs based on replication of a chosen color palette. And again, for deploying them.

I've only had a couple mogrts with video files, shared to me by my partner in Cape Town via Shared Library, but they worked fine after Dacia helped us through a video file issue with that build.

And I've deployed graphic shapes from Illustrator through them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all. It sounds like we are admitting a big problem with libraries. Those suggesting use the desktop app, well, that doesn't accept mogrt or mxf files, as we've discussed. Others are mentioning that they, like me, have never had luck adding files from within premiere and to use a work around. This sounds like a bug for sure. And searching the forums shows that people do have a big problem with this feature. If Adobe is taking away a feature like file sync and shared folders, then the least they can do is replace it with a better feature. They are not doing that. 

MunchyBugs_0-1705588941530.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@MunchyBugs 

Supporting MXF would be a feature request (that is "Ideas" in these forums) rather than a bug.  If you post it as such, please link back to it here and I'll be sure to vote for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate