• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Modifying text changes the entire text instead of just the selected part

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro 24.1 (but this issue has been occuring on several previous versions too)

macOS Ventura 13.6.3

If I create some text using the type tool, then select a portion of it, I can change the size or font or bold etc. of just that selected portion.  Great!  However, after doing this 2 or 3 times, Premiere Pro gets confused and will now change the size or font or bold etc. of the entire block of text instead of just the selected part.

At the moment, the only way to solve this is to quit Premiere Pro and open it again and then the text modifying will work correctly for a few times before I need to quit again and repeat.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

@Nick Varley and others. We have confirmed a fix for this bug at Pr24.2xBeta075. Please let us know how it works for you now and thanks again for reporting it right away!

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nick,

The devil is in the details. Screenshots might help, and a screen-recording would be better. It can be challenging to catch odd errors. But if it happens after 2 or 3 times or even 4 - 8, that's not too bad.

We need to see the Program Monitor and Essential Graphics Panel, and anything else you are using - are you editing it in the Effects Control Panel?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stan, yes, editing it in the Effect Controls panel.

Here's an example of the function working correctly and then incorrectly: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks; I see it.

I tested this in a plain 2 line instance of point and paragraph graphics text. Most of the time, if I select one of the two lines of text (by multiple clicks of drag) and drag the tracking in the effect controls, the whole layer (all lines) change. If I do it in the Essential Graphics Panel, it effects only the one line. I clicked outside the graphic in the timeline (deselected) and reselected. Repeat. Sometimes, with one line selected, the EGP changes the whole layer.

So I'll say I replicated the problem, but I don't have the steps to replicate it precisely. It just seems wrong that part of the text is selected, and these edits, which should change only the selected part, change the whole layer.

I also tried with font color and could get similar results.

Upvoted.

@mattchristensen @jstrawn Any thoughts?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can repro the same problem using basic text in the latest Beta build of Pr 24.2. So I can and will log it if it's not already in our system. Thank you for the report.

NOTE: It only happens for me when using the ECP to change the text properties. Use the controls in the EGP and it shoudl work (as a workaround for now).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nick Varley and others. We have confirmed a fix for this bug at Pr24.2xBeta075. Please let us know how it works for you now and thanks again for reporting it right away!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed on mac/win at Pr24.4xBeta075

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate