• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Non-primary windows disappear after exporting in 23.5

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title says. I have a multi-monitor setup and whenever I export my second window just vanishes. I can't figure out how to get it back without relaunching the program. I can't afford to waste anymore time on this so I'm just downgrading to the last stable version for me (23.3).

Version 23.5

Windows 10 64-bit

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Export , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
40 Comments
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jstrawn Go for it, anything that can help this annoying bug bite the dust is a positive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

di you try ctrl+shift+0  ??

is no the big solution but reset your workspace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gideonmuzy Sadly that doesn't work, the only thing that fixes it is to switch to another workspace and then back. It's almost like the program forgets I have a second window at all so any changes to the workspace is like "Oh, well that doesn't exist so I didn't do anything". The only thing that works is swapping workspaces or restarting the program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe / Jstrawn, since around one year we also experience this problem, on several Windows 10 computers.

Our workaround was always closing Premiere after export, and restarting. Or changing workspaces.

And hoping for an update.

Now with Premiere 2024 we're still experiencing the problem, and I came across this topic.

We also recreated the problem by starting a new Premiere project, creating a timelime, assets, and exporting it.

YouTube link: https://youtu.be/Jvhrh9jmZsk

In this example, the first export at timecode 1:50 doesn't have the problem. But at the second export, at 2:20, the second screen stays away. At 3:50 and 4:30 the problem also happens.

Is there a fix on the way?

Kind regards, Joren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One year and several versions later, same problem persist on CC2024.

When i send my timeline to media enconder to export, whatever premiere window i have on my second screen just disapear when the export mode window is enabled.

The only way to bring it back is pressing Alt + shift + 0 (Window>Workspace>Reset Current Workspace).

Reseting my workspace whenever i'm exporting anything IT'S A WASTE OF TIME.

Please delete that useless import and export mode windows. The whole community will thank you for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last thing first ...

"Please delete that useless import and export mode windows. The whole community will thank you for that.

Not ... hardly. You'd have a lot of people howling over removing that Import page at this time.  As rather a lot of users, including many high end professionals, use that import page heavily and love it, for certain things. Even though many of us don't use it at all.

On the Facebook pro editors group, I just learned that it actually is one of the more solid ways of importing additional spanned footage to a current project. Which has always been a MediaBrowser panel thing only, right? Yea ... so a lot of folks using spanned media are now very into that Import page. Because it actually can be faster and just as good to flip to the import page for heavy spanned media.

Huh. Learn something every day, right?

As to your issue: I'm one of those, btw, who's been arguing their entire UI relationship with monitors needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. It's so 1994 ... rather than based on the physical monitors, it's really seems to be coded more by relative relationship to the upper left pixel, of whichever the OS thinks is the "main" monitor. Most everything other pixel is calculated from that pixel, something like "+1080-1920" or something like that.  And it all goes wonky if the 'main' Pr window, with the top menu system, isn't on that 'main' monitor. Or if the Program monitor is moved to a different screen than the main window. And other things.

As to that issue you're having, where panels can flipping disappear ... yea, agreed that's annoying.  And you have all my sympathy too. As ... there are some annoying things with color processes especially using control surfaces. Which ... in general ... is a ton better in Premiere than in Resolve, as BlackMagic barely allows non-BM kit to function and you can't change their intentionally limited mappings.

That said ... there' some things that are clearly 'bug' behavior, but as they affect only a very few users, I've been told (very politely) that ... realistically ... even though it's acknowledged, fixing a couple issues high on my list is gonna be so low on any user-requested dev's list, that it might just be a long, long time before they get to a couple things. As in a ... LONG ... time.

Annoying? Oh Hades, yes. But actually, I do understand the reasoning on the prioritization of dev's time. Sadly, for me, but ... Life is what it is. And I've had to be practical about working through the annoyances. 

All this to say, I live with, to me, a painful issue, but recognize most of you don't give crud about my painful issue, because ... it doesn't affect you at freaking all. Which is totally normal human behavior. Right?

Your issue affects undoubtedly more than mine does. Thankfully for you! 

But ... most users hit by this have found practical ways around at least some of the annoyance. Typically by changing their custom workspaces and panel practices some.

I think "we" can find a way to at least mitigate most of the pain. As that's probably the most practical suggestion at this time.

And as thee and me can't change the devs work schedules. at least, for practical use, we users can probably help you find a less annoying way to get around this. IF we know enough about how you setup your monitors in the OS, and how you use panels in Premiere.

And again ... I totally want the devs to rebuild the entire monitor using UI ... please Dear Deity, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in 24.1 but it has happened for the past few updates. 

I have 3 monitors and use 2 of them when editing. I have my main monitor with my Program, Effects, Text, Effect Controls, and timeline. 

Screen 2 has my Project, Essential Graphics, and Media browser.

When I export any video using the "export" tab in the top left and come back to my timeline, my second screen panels are gone. I have to switch to another workspace then go back to the one I want in order for it to come back. Its quite annoying when trying to edit and export short form content since I export after every edit. 

I have tried the typical problem solving methods like clearing cache, restarting PC, trying a new timeline, and other normal solutions. This seems to be a built in problem to the software and not a computer related issue. This has also happened throughout multiple iterations of the Beta so any updates did not help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@engineeringfilmmaker Thank you for taking the time to report this. The problem you described is the same as on we've been hearing from some users for a while. So I'm merging your post into the existing one so that we can hopefully work together to find a common repro case that could lead to a fix for the root problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very annoying. The only way for me to go back to my workspace is to exit and then open the program again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand
each of us pays adobe monthly to receive the programs
This discussion began at least in June 2023
In a couple more months it will be a year
and Adobe still can't solve this?
Adobe can run a script in the program that closes and opens the project after exporting
or have the script run control alt 0
to reset the workspace
but why continue suffering and work unprofessionally?
Isn't it time to put the engineers to work on some of these basic solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jstrawn  

This is also happening to me. I'm running Windows 11 Pro on a 4090 with the latest studio drivers. 

I beleive the main problem is in a Windows environment, when undocking the program monitor for it to take up the secondary monitor, it takes the secondary program monitor as a non main window. Meaning I don't even have the option to maximize the window for full screen with the maximize button. This is serperate from having it recognize it as an output monitor where it takes up the whole monitor space without being able to adjust sizing or rotatin within the program moitor.

There is also a problem that has been reported here multiple times that MXFs (regardless of codec) cannot be imported within Premiere Pro unless it is done through the Media Browser (which has not been fixed). Again Windows 11 Pro latest studio drivers and on a 4090. Something is causing issues between nvidia drivers and Premiere possibly.  
Source post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/premiere-pro-23-2-crashes-when-importing-loading-mx...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I would like to share my experience of solving this problem. How do i avoid and temporarly solve this interface bug. I'am using Premiere 2024 on Win11 pro, 4070 ti Studio (the same problem was in 2023). In 2024 there like bounding box (thin semitransparent frame around panels on second monitor). I was set this panel size that this "frame" was within my second screen edges and after the disappearances was stopped. On Pr2023 almost the same, except it doesn't have that frame. Hope my post will help. Best regards. Bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like "pixel creep" ... it's been a problem for some time. 

Because if you create a panel group on a second/third/fourth screen, and one line of pixels is actually "on" another monitor's space ... which you often can's see due to the bezels ... madness ensues.

I work on four monitors, and make sure that the panel groups of my custom workspaces are built with a thin line of monitor background showing around all four edges. I wish they'd make this a more modern UI but ... ah well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the pixel creep is the issue, as I have a pretty clear margin dividing my second window and the edge of the monitor and it's still having the same issue. Sometimes it disappears after using the export window, sometimes it doesn't. I cannot see any differences in the way I'm approaching it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Soz i forget about may be an important thing... Before all of stuff that i described i was disabled the windows taskbar on second monitor. Leave it only on first monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate