• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro rendering with Intel Arc GPU (strange glitch)

Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all,

So I was happily chugging along in Premiere Pro dynamically linked to After Effects for a demo reel I was working on. Everything is fine and it successfully renders the video as an MP4.

But I go to do a final check on the render and I get these strange glitches that happen every now and then. I've tried several ways of exporting (both alone via the Export command, and via Media Encoder). All give the same result. The only way I can get around it is if I use software rendering. Not a bad solution, but not ideal, either. This obviously wittles it down to the GPU, but why?

Example of a glitch:

Lower half has the glitch. It has elements of the previous frame(s) in the sequence.Lower half has the glitch. It has elements of the previous frame(s) in the sequence.

Example of the glitch in motion (watch between 18 and 19 seconds; it's very quick):

As I mentioned, everything is absolutely fine (playback, effects, performance, etc.) up until checking out the final render. It's...weird. The only thing I can figure out is that during these "glitches," they seem to happen between clips on the Premiere Pro timeline that are up against each other, end-to-end. Again, they do not show up until viewing the actual export. Playback is not affected.

Some basic specs:
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900KF @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen support

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 23H2
OS build 22631.2715

Using an Intel Arc A380 (yes, I know it's not that big a powerhouse of a GPU, but it should handle things like this with aplomb; I am also aware that the CPU does not have an iGPU). I have tried the latest driver (101.4972), as well as the previous version. Both give the same result. Also using the latest versions of Premiere Pro, After Effects and Media Encoder. (All version 24.0.3.)

If anyone has any insight, I'm all ears. (Eyes?)  😄

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Export , Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friend, I had a similar problem, and I discovered that it is version 23h2 of Windows 11.

Go to Update, then "Update History" and delete build 23h2 and reboot and try to test.

It worked for me, Premiere froze a lot and when closing it also did a lot. Try deleting the update and voila.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. That's one thing I didn't try. I'll give that a shot later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to render without problems, but it also happened to me that I couldn't render with hardware. Even removing 23h2 from Windows, the problem continued. (it froze when rendering)

I went back to the latest version v23 and now I can render with hardware.

I reinstalled the 23h2 update, because apparently this was not the problem.

The problem is in Premiere V24 onwards.

I am writing to update my first comment, I hope you were able to resolve your problem. Blessings

Votes

Translate

Translate