• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A low level exception occured in Adobe Player (Player: 5)

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please could anyone help me resolve this. 

Problem: There is no video on Timeline (Screen says 'Media Pending' but there is only Audio

Much obliged

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Hi,

Update your software to Premiere Pro 14.2, or later to be clear of this error. Sorry for the frustration.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 288 Replies 288
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

I understand the frustration. It's coming ASAP. Sorry about this.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug, David. It's fixed in an upcoming version. If you really, really need Legacy Titler, roll back to the earlier version, otherwise, why not use the newer title tools? I've switched over to those quite a while ago and gotten used to them.

In the meantime, sorry about this.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darren, please register all complaints about the product here.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happening here! Please help Adobe! Mine also says (Player 5).
I can use Premiere (SLOWLY) with Software Only, but have a huge project to export for a client!
Please fix this. I cant tell clients I cant make deadlines because my editing software has a bug.

MacBook Pro (15in 2019)
2.6 Ghz 6 Core Intel Core i7
16 GB DDR4
Radeon Pro 555X 4GB

HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting the same "A low level exception occured in Adobe Player (Player: 5)" error after updating to the latest version. Trying to revert back to v14 to see if it will work. really lame of adobe to release a new version with bugs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting back to version 14.0 fixed the issue. Turning off auto updates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think its ridiculous I had to count on my Legacy Titler window to do repositions of timeline content in revisions of a deadlined project as well.  I believe my "low-level exception" was of type3.  I don't have access to the machine I was working on immediately, but am combing the forums to see if Adobe is fixing this at all.  A little googling and this guy cheered me up if not provided a new tip on resetting preferences:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8n0ITbGCKI

Hope this helps someone else out there if that's an easy fix for this error situation.  Adobe --> make less buggy releases when we're working on deadlines!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a different error, Joe. You need to revert to 14.0.4 if possible or choose Software Only in Project Settings for the current version.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[File>Project Settings>General then under Renderer make sure its set to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only]

it works but my rendering speed is so terrible... and I can't edit project  because it's too late too. sooooooooooooooooooooooo slow......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want it to go back to the way I had it before I changed the setting. I changed it back to my GPU but Premiere Pro isn't running right. I turned off my computer and opened other projects and its still stuttering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like Adobe acknowledges the glitch. It's happening in the newest update and they are saying it'll be fixed in the next update.

The work around I found where I can still use my CPU is to uninstall Adobe Premiere and re-install the version before this newest update. Now it works for me. I'll update everything when the new fix comes out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FFP,

Any reason that you do not use the newer title tools? Let me know your thoughts.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, it took me a while to actually NOTICE the new title tools 🙂   I've been so fixed on legacy titles, as a habit I guess, that I didn't realize there was a new BETTER title tool. When I wanted to create a scrolling title, I google it and thus found my way to the new Premiere title tool. I think it would have been a good idea to put a link to the new tool right above the link files/new/legacytitle (or some such in the menue)  to make dumb users like me aware of the new tool 🙂   but anyway... the new tool is great!  Best wishes, and stay safe Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the newer title tools. 

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I've just encountered this problem today and a quick Google revealed your answer. Problem fixed. You've saved me so much time and stress! Appreciated..

PS - Adobe: Fix this please; we pay enough for your product!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Really helped me thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woah, Alex,

You are awesome. fixed it !!!
thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU JUST SAVED MY PROJECT< THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried this and now my Premiere Pro isn't running right. I went back to GPU setting and now its stuttering on PlayBack. I cant work on it. Any help PLEASE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has finally acknowledged that this is a known issue: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/adobe-player-player-5-error/td-p/11049095?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for finding this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it. Temporarily. Uninstall Adobe and re-install the older version just before this newest update. Everything is working for me now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. Problem saved in this way. Thanks a lot!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines