Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding gradual colour gradient in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Forum,

I have a black and white clip in premiere pro that runs for about 10 minutes. I am trying to make the clip fade from its natural black and white state to a 'coloured' version by the time the clip ends. It will be a very slow transition accross 10 minutes. For the final 2 minutes of the clip i am also fading it out to black, so over this section there shall be an overlay of a fade out on top of the continuing gradual saturation of the image.

Please could somebody advise me on the best way to achieve this result?

I am further interested to know if it is possible to bracket the black and white clip so that the saturation only applies to areas lighter/above a certain tone.

Many thanks

JC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Hi JC

You could easily do this by applying the tint effect to make your footage black and white. Then keyframing the "amount to tint" value from 100% to 0% (see attached)

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 5.36.19 AM.png

For the fade out, just apply the cross dissolve effect and drag it out to what ever length you'd like.

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 5.38.24 AM.png

Hope this helps.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JC

You could easily do this by applying the tint effect to make your footage black and white. Then keyframing the "amount to tint" value from 100% to 0% (see attached)

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 5.36.19 AM.png

For the fade out, just apply the cross dissolve effect and drag it out to what ever length you'd like.

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 5.38.24 AM.png

Hope this helps.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve,

Yes that helped me immensely, thank you for taking the time to respond.

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines