• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro On MacOS Ventura in 2023

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Monterey and I'm questioning upgrading to macOS Ventura 13.3.1 but I can't find anything past Nov 2022 on how Adobe Premiere Pro 23.2 works on the new OS. Can anyone please give me an update before I go installing the new OS. 

Thanks So Much. 

P.S. is Mac doing this on purpose to try and get us to switch over to FCP or davinchi resolve?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What model mac do you have?    You can get this info by going to the apple menu and choose:  About this Mac.   I have a 2012 macbookpro and I can't update past Catalina...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac Pro (2017)

Processor 3.2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W

Memory 32 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Graphics: Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like your system is compatible.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213264

But I suggest you invest in carbon copy cloner which will allow you to create a bootable backup of your startup drive before you do an update.

https://bombich.com/

And then update to ventura and if there are any serious issues you can restore your previous setup by cloning back from the clone to your startup drive.  Of course, apple has broken this workflow with the latest hardware... but having a clone of your startup drive is useful. as you can reinstall the OS if your startup drive gets corrupted or fails and needs to be replaced and then do a system migration to load all your apps and settings, etc from the clone.

I'm pretty sure there's a free trial, but it's worth every penny.  I also use it to do incremental backups of media drives, so I can quickly update a backup of a media drive using CCC which will automatically add new files and updated files to a backup drive...    

I don't think Apple has any motivation to get you to switch to Resolve, but FCP... maybe.      I know that many people recommend updating to the latest OS asap for security issues.    But you've got to balance these issues against the fact that updates of both OS and Apps can cause other problems...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems like you can create a bootable clone of ventura...  and I'm guessing earlier versions of the OS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HLkbE-i-VU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Michael Grenadier,

Note that Bombich (makers of CCC) don't reccommend what you're suggesting.

Link 

"Creating legacy bootable copies of macOS (Big Sur and later)"

"For the reasons noted above, we do not recommend that you attempt to make your backups bootable"

collin r etc.

I am running Ventura 13.3.1 (for a few days?) and PPro 23.2 with good stability but I am on Apple silcon (not Intel as you have).

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't do that. I started to have problems with Premiere since I installed the newest Ventura. My screen freezes until my macbook restarts itself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines