• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All the effect controlls are gone

Enthusiast ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a project file in which all the clips have no effect controls except for time remapping - the rest is gone. 

This is what I see:

Снимок экрана 2024-07-07 130935.png

This is what I should see:

Снимок экрана 2024-07-07 130941.png

What I tried:

- copypaste the files from the seqience into a new one. 

- copypaste all the timeline elements into a new project

- reset the workspaces, switch between the workspaces

- reset Premiere Pro Settings

- clear all the cache files both manually and in the Preferences -> Media Cache

- open this project file on different machines (Mac\PC) and different versions of Premiere Pro.

The only way to fix it so far is manual clip-by-clip replacement of everything that lies on the timeline - new clips placed do have all the effect controls. The problem is - this is only part of a bigger project and the whole project has hundreds of clips, so manual work will take ages...

Here's the partly project:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s-vMubO-CuIzl1bKBixJu2NspT_g2q-U/view?usp=sharing

Any ideas of what happened and how to fix it at the lowest possible cost?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

By @AndrewTheGreat

You can fix it by creating a new timeline, click the "Insert and owerwrite..." icon in the new timeline and then drag the timeline named FILM from the Project panel into the new timeline.

When i do that all individual clips and edits will be inserted into the new timeline and all properties, Motion/Rotation/Anchor Point, etc, etc are back.

Question: Your source footage is 50 fps, why do you edit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what's going on here, but one standard trick you could try is to import this project into a new project. 

I know you pasted the sequence into a new project, but the import process may do something else. Can't hurt to try while waiting for someone with a good idea to come along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just drag them again onto the timeline: issue solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sometimes think people don't see what is written in front of them...

@Rag and Bone Importing doesn't work either, you can check yourself, the project file is included in the first message

Снимок экрана 2024-07-07 155127.png

@Ann Bens 

Снимок экрана 2024-07-07 155146.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sometimes think people don't see what is written in front of them...

"I know you pasted the sequence into a new project, but the import process may do something else. "

Honestly, why should I open you project file and search through it? You didn't list that as something you tried. But, whatever, I  don't need to get grief for trying to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @AndrewTheGreat

You can fix it by creating a new timeline, click the "Insert and owerwrite..." icon in the new timeline and then drag the timeline named FILM from the Project panel into the new timeline.

When i do that all individual clips and edits will be inserted into the new timeline and all properties, Motion/Rotation/Anchor Point, etc, etc are back.

Question: Your source footage is 50 fps, why do you edit it in a 25 fps timeline?

Averdahl_0-1720358348847.png

Averdahl_1-1720358513139.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Averdahl,

Bingo!

Even with many sequences, I like that approach. I don't know what created this problem, but very little works that would not require individual clip/edit replacements - and replace from bin does not work.

The other thing that "works" is export FCP XML, but I never trust that it gets everything right.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now we are talking! Thanks for the solution, it works perfectly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now we are talking! Thanks for the solution, it works perfectly. 

By @AndrewTheGreat

Great that it worked! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines