• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any Plans To Fix The Memory Leaks?

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Memory-leak bugs are making Premiere more trouble than it's worth to me. I frequently need to open a year-old project, copy something out of it and paste it into a new project. Opening a year-old project brings Premiere to its knees, it does not recover without killing the process and restarting.

This has been going on half a year or longer.

Fix it soon or lose this subscriber.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Hi,

Devs are not active in these forums. Please file your bug report here: Premiere Pro: Hot (1905 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS and Premiere build (exact not just 2018).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 10. The latest Premiere build, along with previous builds for the past half year or so. I stay up-to-date on the builds.

I say memory leak, because opening old project, copying from it, and then closing it doesn't free all memory used by the old project. Premiere is erring the part where it's supposed to close the old project and release the resources it's consuming.

I have to do this operation multiple times a day. Each time I end up having to kill the Premiere process and restart.

Premiere is great software, if it weren't for this bug and some others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give exact Pr build.

What are your computer specs (be specific).

And what kind of media is used (also be specific).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to spend all day giving specs to other companies with bugs, that's not what I signed up for, bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum.

Dont come here and threaten to unsubscribe

If you dont want any help, by users such as yourself, so be it.

Bye, bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Dont come here and threaten to unsubscribe"

If I were Adobe, I'd read this forum, and I'd want to know why I'd lost the subscriber. If that's an imposition on you somehow, that's your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not the one with the so called  'memory leak'....

Just trying to help, but obvious you dont want help, just to rant.

End of story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome to rant of course  ... most anyone using any video/audio post processing problem needs to rant every once in a while. Happens with every app out there.

And some apps are more suited for certain users/gear/media/workflows than others.  So sometimes it is wise to change apps. That is just Life in the Video Post Game.

That said this forum is primarily a user to user help forum, with some assistance by product support staff and now, with the change in management a year back, occasional engineering presence also.

Ann, myself, and most everyone else here are just peer users. That's what this is for.

To get comments directly to the product management and development team post something in the UserVoice system. That's what that is for. I'm on my phone or I'd add the link but it's listed at the top of the Overview page of this forum.

Posting the information that Ann asked for would allow a number of experienced folk to try to puzzle out your problem. I go into previous projects routinely for importing things, without the problem you're having.

As do many others,  meaning there's probably an issue in your setup somewhere. "We" might be able to sort it with you if you're interested.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rant

I didn't rant actually; you are just compulsively attacking Premiere's critics like a well-trained sycophant.

I have been developing software since 1980, for such companies as Microsoft and Intel previously. I will not spend my unpaid time repeating bug-reports through whatever "proper channels" this particular company has set up. If they don't read this forum and fix the bugs reported on it, they won't get more of my money. I don't do unpaid work for Adobe. My system works great with other programs. I bet I can find a video editor that does what I need without requiring me to type my system specs on any forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use other apps also, and not one of them can out-guess your issues with that app without information as to what your system, media, and effects are.

I use Resolve regularly, btw ... but can't even look at FCP as of course that's totally Mac-centric. I do attend quite a few programs at the Avid booth at NAB every year, and also look at Baselight and other things. I get a hoot at someone saying I'm an Adobe sycophant ... if you go back through this and the SpeedGrade forum, I'm quite free at sharing my displeasure when they do something stupid. As they have done on occasion. Several occasions, in my opinion.

And the engineers for PrPro/Ae/Audition/Ae see me coming into their booth every year at NAB, and get a fresh load of my thoughts ... I do give credits for things that are improved, but ... they know every problem I see in the app. And they still smile when they see me, which I find intriguing. They get a detailed earful, and during my discussions, other users passing by tend to stop and kick in their 'Amen!'s" to my critiques.

Such as the um ...  decision, let's leave it at that ...  to drop SpeedGrade rather than re-building it. And publicly suggesting that anyone for whom Lumetri wasn't adequate should just XML/EDL out to Resolve ... owned by a competitor who was being an incredibly busy beaver building an internal system similar to what Adobe had been providing, with NLE, grading, fx, and audio apps all linked together.

There is still no intelligent logic in that decision that I can see .... though from an internal short-sighted view it probably saved a few bucks at the time in development fees. Companies that make major decisions on a short-term basis don't tend to be around long enough for long-term things to kick in, do they?

They are trying to make Lumetri useful for a lot more things, I'll give them credit for that. And the comparison view and shot-matching were a long-overdue and badly needed step forward. But there are other things needed with Lumetri ... quite a few.

And that's not even talking about open/closed captions ... yowza, that ain't ... good.

I could give you quite a list of things that should be vastly different than they are.

Noting that a rant is a rant isn't attacking it in any way, btw ... as I've said, I've certainly posted my share.

But in general, I'm basically a person far more interested in the ​practical​ way things work, than the ​theoretical​ way I wish they would work. Hence, ​theoretically​ one might wish that the engineering team all spent hours a day going through this forum. However, the ​practical​ reality is they don't. So ... rather than just waving a banner, when I want to complain, I go to where it actually ​matters​.

So, I'll post a rant here or on the other appropriate forums, both just to vent a bit and also well, attract others irritated about the same thing. But I'll also post on the place that gets to the team.

As I recognize the difference between a need to publicly vent and the practical nature of getting something to the attention of those that can change things (possibly ... ) within the practical framework of the system as it is, you bet I do both.

And ... just as a final note, I've needed to give system/media specs for most of my help needs for Resolve. I don't know how it could work otherwise.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

opening old project, copying from it, and then closing it

Try a different way.  Use the Media Browser to 'see' into the other project and pull out the needed elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Devs are not active in these forums. Please file your bug report here: Premiere Pro: Hot (1905 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kevin-Monahan​,

As I wrote three months ago above, "If they don't read this forum and fix the bugs reported on it, they won't get more of my money."

I was not bluffing. I did cancel my Adobe subscription.

I also used the automated system to request Adobe stop sending me emails. But Adobe thinks I'm bluffing about that too, so they continue sending me automated promotional emails.

Moderator note: Content removed. Please do not discuss legal issues on this forum. It is against our community guidelines. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines