• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple ProRes 422 Export Option Gone

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After recently updating Premiere on my Mac, none of the Apple ProRes 422 options are showing up when exporting under Quicktime. I haven't had this problem before and my footage was imported as ProRes 422 HQ. Has anyone else experienced this or have a solution? Or do I need to redownload the presets?

TIA!

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

I do not use Mac, but if I'm not mistaken, you must first switch to ProRes in the tab Video> Video Codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know the version of premiere pro cc your using.

Maybe resetting the preferences of Premiere Pro CC can help as follow -

• To reset preferences and plug-in cache at the same time for premiere pro, hold down Shift-Alt (Windows) or Shift-Option (Mac OS) while the application is starting. Release the Shift-Alt keys or Shift-Option keys when the splash screen appears.
Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I tried but it did not work. Worth a try though! I'm using the most recent version. The codecs disappeared after i updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use Mac, but if I'm not mistaken, you must first switch to ProRes in the tab Video> Video Codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were right! I guess it's just no longer in presets after the update but still under video > codec. So simple, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Where are the video codec settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload screenshots please from where you are exporting. Maybe you should export from Adobe Media Encoder, if you are doing it from there, go up screenshots to try to see what could be happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes so the latest AE update(2019) removed the options for quicktime pro res export codecs. The fix for this is to export your comp to adobe media encoder que, then set the settings to pro res there. Thats how I fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have media encoder, is there another option? Something else I can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem but on my PC running Premiere 2018. I don't get the option for ProRes 422 (LT) or (HQ). How do I get it back?

Scree Shots Below

Premiere_1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the top where it says Preset: NTSC DV widescreen - twirl that down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response. Here it is twirl'd down.2019-03-15_15-40-07.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah sorry missed that in your original post: Prores on windows is a new feature for 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue started after updating to AE2023. No QuickTime option to select in order to get the Apple ProRes 422 output option. What gives?

R.Cates
CSI Productions
If you want peace, be peaceful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines