Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are effects being fully deactivated? Sudden multicam issues

Engaged ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I haven't used Premiere since CS4, so please bear with me. I know my way around AE, but there are lots of new features in Premiere I'm not familiar with, I tried to reserch this before.

System(s): Win 10 Pro, 128 GB RAM, all data distributed from M2 SSDs, Quadro M5000/RTX 3000, Dual Xeon somethingsomething/i7 9850 (stationery workstation/mobile workstation).

I'm currently editing a 9 cam multicam projects, 2 of which are FHD, the rest 4K. After applying Lumetri color, it was to be expected the snappiness of editing would fade, but even after deactivating ALL effects, it seems much slower than before. I have to wait several seconds (atm around 3) until the multicam tiles appear in the program monitor, the same after every auto save - the main program monitor shifts to the middle, while the tiles disappear, after around 3 seconds, it's back to normal. I could try to fully delete all FX to get a snappier version for cutting, but I'd like to see if the issue lies somewhere else first.

I previously tried to use my dual monitor setup, which another user already explained was futile, since PP isn't able to handle multiple monitors without causing errors. Well. But I went back to the standard editing workspace, using one monitor for PP, so that's probably not the issue.

The behaviour is similar on my mobile workstation, so it shouldn't be a monitor issue, unless something weird gets saved with the file that may need resetting. I'll have to demo the project to a client on a large monitor from mentioned mobile workstation, so I hope I can get rid of this issue soon.

Thanks for your time 🙂

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, @Corniger,

I got this message too. How about this one? Have you solved it, or are you still having problems here as well? Again, I will ask, have you tried 23.6 yet? If not, try it and let us know if it works better. I hope the community can help you with this one, too.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kevin-Monahan , the presentation went well except for the aforementioned "Error retrieving frame" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAcIHpXdcns) error that suddenly popped up, which was a bit embarrassing. I'll have to make sure to play the entire project on mobile next time before something like this stalls me again. 
Amazing how far PP has come though, I remember CS4 being horrendously slow, so I think I'll stick with it again for a while! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again for the info. Sorry about that error!!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines