• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Popping in CC 2015?

Engaged ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else experiencing audio "popping" in CC 2015 when playing back a timeline?  Happens at random times.  If I stop playing and restart over the area that had a pop, it is no longer there.  There is no popping on the source audio and this problem did not exist in CC 2014.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Hi BSBeamer, and others on the thread,

Is anyone else experiencing audio "popping" in CC 2015 when playing back a timeline?  Happens at random times.  If I stop playing and restart over the area that had a pop, it is no longer there.  There is no popping on the source audio and this problem did not exist in CC 2014.

Yes, I'm seeing this here on the forum and on social networks. I'll flag the issue and get a bug written up. You can do the same here: http://adobe.ly/ReportBug

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 153 Replies 153
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2015 Jul 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BSBeamer,

I've submitted bug reports.  Also submit crash reports when they are generated.

Thanks.

Can you please advise WHEN a fix for this may be released?

I can't give precise release dates, sorry. Wish I could. You can check our past track record, if you like. That may help provide you guidance. I

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan wrote:

I can't give precise release dates, sorry. Wish I could.

Can you confirm that this will be addressed (fixed) in the next update when it is released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2015 Nov 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although this is a Premiere forum, I'm experiencing the same thing in After Effects CC 2015.  If I apply a Tone Effect to layer (which simply generates a frequency at a specified tone, for example, 200Hz and 300Hz @ 20% level), I'll get plenty of crackles around the tone during playback.

Has this issue been resolved for Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly no.  We wait (for a very long time) for Adobe to get back to us.  When I contacted them a month ago, they said their people were 'looking into' the glitch.  Since then they have said nothing.  I fear greatly that we're going to have to start all over again at their minotaur's maze of voice mail systems in order to try and contact a real person who works at Adobe, and remind them all over again that they promised to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am finding that the latest version of CC has disastrous Audio support under Windows 10.

My Premiere projects are randomly dropping audio, to the point that I have to go into preferences and keep swapping between MME and ASIO to keep playing. I have a very powerful workstation and a Firewire based UAD Apollo, so it's not like I'm low on hardware power.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm.  That's interesting, since I'm seeing the issues on OSX After Effects CC.  I wonder if the issues are related?  If the issues are occurring across platforms and across packages, I wonder if it's a bug in some Adobe core library?

I guess any additional speculation in this thread is pretty futile (and unfortunately, filing bugs with Adobe also feels kinda futile as well). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankfully, I still had the email that was used when I was discussing the issue directly with some of Adobe's people.  They responded to my latest email thusly:
"...We have been working on the audio pop issue and other audio issues and have made progress since speaking with you.  According to our engineering manager we have half a dozen audio pop issues fixed in our next release."

When exactly that release will be, they did not specify.  But this tidbit is certainly better than nothing....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I talked with the Adobe Support and they told there will be no fix anytime soon. They are not even if they can fix this.

They only gave me one hint that I can try and surprisingly this solved my audio problems.

The only thing I had to do was installing QuickTime 7 on my Windows 10 PC. They told me that it has something to do with the libarys.

Hope this works aswell for some of you guys.

Sorry for my bad english

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like it could be a different issue. Adobe fixed the audio popping issues in PP several months ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not according to the samples I've been making, they haven't....

They said in their email that they've 'made progress' and 'half a dozen audio pops issues will be fixed in our next release'.  That was only a month or so ago, and PP hasn't had an 'update' between then and now.  Which means (hopefully) they are still working hard to address these issues....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was only a month or so ago, and PP hasn't had an 'update' between then and now.  Which means (hopefully) they are still working hard to address these issues....

Sure it has: Premiere Pro CC 2015.1 | Premiere Pro work area. And here are some of the fixed issues in CC 2015.1: Premiere Pro CC 2015.1 (9.1) bug fixes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, just noticed that.  My updates don't seem to be 'automatic'.  Installed update.  We'll see if it makes any difference on my next project....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's actually a good thing the updates aren't automatic.  Just read through some of the other forums...

The newest Creative Cloud app update has a "check for updates" feature - that works much better than the previous approach where it wouldn't show up for several days after an update release. 

Also would suggest to check the Adobe Blog every several weeks to see if there's anything listed there.  It seems to be one of the only methods of up-to-date official communication from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A workaround that I have been using is to export the Premiere sequence to Adobe Audition and export the audio separately from there. Then bring the mixdown back into Premiere so it only has one audio file to deal with (and only one to pop).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also experienced this and have filed bug report. Audio popping is intermittent, unpredictable and sometimes goes into a loud popping loop that can only be stopped by restarting application. Pops do not seem, however, to be recorded or to persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting audio mixdowns is the ONLY way I'm able to work around this issue without encountering failed exports or constant "random" popping issues when working on finishing video work.  I have not tried the 0db "empty" file fix that some others have suggested.

Rendering audio with video (a settings check-box) does seem to help reduce the frequency, but it is not a universal fix by any means.

I know the answer I'll be given, but is there even an expected time frame for WHEN a fix for this will be released?  This issue is embarrassing and makes working with a client very cumbersome. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2015 Jul 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same audio popping issue. It's unbelievable this got through beta without being discovered. Very disappointing and incredibly sloppy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem exporting a final version of a project I've worked several months on for a client.

The audio crack is inserted at the same spot for all my exports. This only started with one of my last edits or two.

I've tried exporting audio only and exporting a WAV version - the noise remains. I've reset Premiere's preferences, created new projects and new sequences and can't get rid of the audio crack in the export.

I'm using a 2013 iMac with 4GB VRAM running Yosemite.

I called Adobe tech support and was told to export using the software-only renderer using Media Encoder, but this didn't work.

Has anyone found any other successful solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export directly from Premiere Pro.  Avoid AME until they fix this stupid, sloppy error.  This is killing our productivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that I can usually get good renders without the popping if I restart PP and then render through PP as the first new action upon restart. In fact, for mid-edit reviewing any kind of lengthy sequence or even In/Out, I render it and then review in QT or Windows Media Player, as PP can't seem to preview anything of length without the popping issue.

Hope this is helpful,

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As someone else mentioned, the best work around I have found while not ideal, is sending the audio from the sequence to Audition and exporting a WAV from there to reimport back in your timeline for final export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to export to Audition. Render your timeline, export as a wav from Premiere, allow the file to re-import, make a copy of your sequence, overwrite the wav  file over the copy of your timeline (to preserve your original mix), make sure there are no erroneous audio clips, re-export the entire video. Pops-b-gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried marking all the audio tracks as solo? So simple and it works. I posted the solution on the cow and it works for others as well. I feel Iike workarounds are being overlooked on this thread because people just want to raise there hand and confirm the problem...think that is established. Why export and re-import?  I haven't heard any one say that marking all tracks as solo doesn't work yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just pitched that to the team. I'll let you know. Exporting using Media Encoder also clears the audio pops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KMS Marking all the audio tracks as solo does not work. Pops still come through on final export.

Exporting a wav file is very fast, that's the best workaround I have been able to find thus far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines