Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio/Video out of sync with export to MP4 H.264

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,  

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue.  But since updating to Premiere Pro 22.3.1, my export to MP4 has been greatly out of sync.  A particular video of mine on the time 3 minute, 5 seconds long, in the program, but then when I go to export, the video increases dramatically to 6 minutes 10 seconds... it's as if the video gets stretched out and the audio remains the same... increasing the offset sync dramatically by the end of the video.  I don't know exactly how to fix this.  I've export to MOV, and it works fine.  The video and audio are in-sync.  But MP4, it gets wonky.  

Any ideas?

Thanks!  

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

I switched to H.265.  That seems to have done the trick!  🙂  Thanks for the encouragement!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your sequence properties and also your timeline, make sure it is of the length you are expecting. Make sure the frame rates are the same. First I was thinking it was variable frame rate footage, (like typically from a phone or screen capture) which PP doesn't handle well. But being exactly double? That sounds like some setting is off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export to Quicktime MOV the final file is perfect.  The length of the video is what is stated on the timeline in Premiere Pro.  When I export to MP4 instead, so that I have a smaller final file size, the length of the exported video stretches, doesn't make sense.  So, the export to MOV works... the export to MP4 does not.  It's weird that exporting to one file type would work and the other wouldn't... and there isn't any change in the editing of the video within Premiere Pro.  Yes, I did capture the video with my phone, but until I updated to the latest version, I never had a problem.  😞

I'm probably not saying any of this correctly... please refer to images.  You'll notice that the file type for the MP4 is 940 MB +/- yet the length is time stamped at 6:10, and the file size for the MOV is 9.8 GB and time stamped for 3:05.  

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hardware Encoding, using the GPU to accelerate the export, comes with some more issues, errors, etc. That is likely the problem you were facing. Switching your H264 export to Software Encoding instead can usually fix things like that.

Exporting to ProRes and then making an H264 based on that is actually a pretty common workflow, as well. So there's not much harm in that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched to H.265.  That seems to have done the trick!  🙂  Thanks for the encouragement!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines