Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black Magic Raw not working in Premiere Pro 2020 on Mac

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I need to edit BRAW on Mac but Premiere Pro 2020 is incapable of importing and reading BRAW. 

The BRAW player is installed on the Mac however, and files can be played without any problems. Only in Premiere this problem occurs. 

Do I additionally have to activate a Plug-In in Premiere or something like that maybe?

(started the project on Windows where Premiere didn't have any issues with BRAW)

Many thanks guys!

Kevin

Title edited by mod

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Are you using the Blackmagic BRAW plugin ?

Sometimes on installation the files are not put in the correct folders. Check your MediaCore folder, and move things into the right folder if they're not. Let's see how to do this.

After installing the BRAW plugin in you MAC, you should have the plugin files in your Adobe Mediacore folder, which is generally located in : /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore

Inside that folder the BM plugin files are composed of 2 files and 1 folder. Please see the following screenshot (for mac, the extension of files is different). If you don't see these files, search on all your MAC for the location of these files, they should be installed elsewhere and you need to move the plugin files and folder at the good place !

BRAW BM Plugin Contents.PNG

Otherwise, you can use our plugin : BRAW Studio (from Autokroma), with a Preset feature, full compatibility with After Effects, good timecode for 23.96/29.96 fps footages (needed for XML export to Resolve !). You can give it a try for free and only the first 500 frames of each braw will be decoded. More informations here : https://autokroma.com/BRAW_Studio/

Best,

Nicolas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nicolas,

I'm experiencing the same issue that Kevin was and I appreciate the help. However, I'm confused about what you mean by moving your BM files into the right folder. They're currently where you said I could locate them but I don't know where to move them to.

What folder should the BM plugin files be moved to in order for me to import my BRAW files to Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

However, I'm confused about what you mean by moving your BM files into the right folder. They're currently where you said I could locate them but I don't know where to move them to.

If you see the files like in the screenshot in the mediacore folder ( at /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore) then your installation should be good.

You can try to update your BM Plugin to the latest version and see if it solves your issue. Also maybe you're using some footages for URSA camera with latest firmware, so you could give a try to the "BM Plugin Beta".

If it still doesn't work, try to import footages from your Desktop (and not from an external drive / network storage).

And if it still doesn't work, you should try with our plugin (BRAW Studio). You can try our TRIAL for free (to be sure it works in your system), and then buy a license if it's ok for you. There are less bugs and more features in BRAW Studio (Here is an article which explain some differences between both plugins).

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin!

Welcome to the community. I understand that you're unable to import BRAW media in Premiere Pro 2020. Am I correct?

I found a thread that may help you to know more about importing BRAW footage in Premiere Pro. Take a look: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-pro-support-for-blackmagic-raw-is-now-available...

I hope that helps.

Best,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to use the BRAW plugin from Blackmagic, might be a good idea to do a fresh install of the latest version. Go to their web site, Support page, cameras, and find the latest BRAW plugin package. When you open the installer, run the UNINSTALLER first to remove any old versions and then go through the install process.

HTH,

JVK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot a LOT of BRAW. I got so flipping tired of the BlackMagic plugin fritzing on me, I tried the Autokroma plugin Nicolas mentioned.

It not only WORKS ... always ... they provide real support and options like saving presets for your BRAW source settings. And further utilities within their plugin. Plus ... they offer the only available support for even the BlackMagic plugin.

Yea, I found it worth the few bucks to buy their plugin. Solved so many headaches, and ... did I mention, it simply works?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's weird that sometimes a thread from a year ago pops up as if it's a current issue. Luckily this thread will have legs for a long time. Raw vs. Log vs. Linear codecs etc.

At first I thought raw was really cool. So many options after shooting.

Then I realized I rarely use those options cause I guess the WB F stop shutter speed, and so on anyway.

And having more lattitude like that really doesn't do much if it's right to begin with ( or in my case at least close ).

When I hear of people having trouble with raw or like the new canon log thing, I now think, " why not just shoot using prores or something else available on the camera ? "  Just cause you have a whole ocean doesn't mean you have to sail the entire thing, every time you sail,  to get from A to B on any given day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever find a way around this?  I have found and moved the Plug in folder and restarted PPro and still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines