• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blu-ray burning software search

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, don't know if I'm in the best place for this post, but figured since it's about an exported project from Premiere Pro this would be as good a place as any, I guess.

I've exported my short film project and all of that works perfectly fine, I'm wondering about 'after'.

Just bought a Blu-Ray disc burner so I could put the short film on blu-ray disc for each person that worked on the film, but as hard as I've looked within Premiere Pro and Media Encoder I can't seem to find any Blu-Ray disc, or DVD disc burning software connected to the Creative Cloud. I was going to do a straight up Google search for suggestions on what software I should use, but I've found that fairly ad heavy (even AFTER the prescribed 'AD' section in the beginning) in the past. So after some thinking I figured where better to go then a message board for the editing software I used to make the film in the first place!

So, any suggestions on blu-ray disc burning software?

Thanks,

-Me

TOPICS
Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No more Adobe software for burning dvd or bluray.

I like this one: TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 - The Ultimate DVD / Blu-ray / AVCHD Authoring Tool - Pegasys Inc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a video in Premiere Pro CC and am attempting to burn a blu-ray DVD.  From Pr CC I exported .m4v and .wav files.  An Adobe prompt is preventing me launching Encore CS6.  In desperation from Imgburn from the .m4v and .wav files I burned an .iso file to a blu-ray disc, which of course doesn’t work. I know I have forgotten the big picture here.  What did the Encore step do to make the .iso file playable as a DVD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@josephc66141161 

Did you burn the BD-Video data (the Blu-Ray) to DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, or BD-R?

How confident are you that the player you are using can do the following:

• Read the type of media that you burned to.
  • Supports reading the BD-Video data structure on that media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The BD-Video data was burned to BD-R.

The player successfully plays other BD.

The last point I'm not sure about.  Does generating an .iso file from Imgburn create the correct BD-Video data structure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does generating an .iso file from Imgburn create the correct BD-Video data structure?

By @josephc66141161

No, it won´t.

You need an authoring app to author the disc. This is a good replacement for Encore as already has been mentioned in this thread: TMPGEnc Authoring Works 7 - The Ultimate DVD / Blu-ray / AVCHD Authoring Tool - Pegasys Inc

There is a fully functional trial version with no watermarks you can try before you decide, or not decide, to buy. I have used it myself since version 6 and use version 7 today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@josephc66141161 

The software used to author the BD title usually takes care of everything when the title is built and burned.

When inspecting your ISO image, look for a BDMV package (it may appear like a folder).  That's the actual data structure of BD-Video. (the Blu-Ray).  This would be written to a blank BD disc using UDF file format.  UDF format is a file system like ExFAT, Fat23, NTFS, HFS, HFS+, etc.

If the ISO is burned to a blank disc at the Finder level or with Explorer, you could have the correct data structure on a disc with a file format that the player cannot read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe used to have Encore which shipped with Premiere and we were using it for creating DVDs/BDs but Adobe discontinued Encore with a release of Creative Cloud.

If you still have access to Premiere CS6, you'll have Encore CS6. Otherwise, you need to look for other software to create DVDs/BDs.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does access to Photoshop CS6 also give access to Encore CS6?

I have a perpetual license for Photoshop CS6.  For years I used Premiere CC, Encore CS6 and Photoshop CS6 to generate blu-ray DVD’s.

I had not worked on a video for about a year.  Now when I try to launch Encore CS6 a prompt from Adobe appears asking for a serial number for Premiere Pro, preventing Encore CS6 from launching - see attachment.

Photoshop CS6 launches without a problem.

I don’t think I ever used Premiere Pro CS6.  I went from Premiere Elements to Premiere Pro CC.

The prompt does not accept the Photoshop CS6 serial number.

I thought Encore CS6 was bundled with Photoshop CS6.  Why is this prompt preventing Encore CS6 from launching?

Thanks  Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does access to Photoshop CS6 also give access to Encore CS6?

By @josephc66141161

No, Photoshop do not give, or gave, access to Encore. Encore came bundled with Premiere Pro CSx, Production Premium CSx, Master Collection CSx, Premiere Pro CC and CC all app plan.

So you must have installed Encore CS6 by installing Premiere Pro CS6 when it was available in CC.

To make Encore run you must have a serial number for one of the products mentioned abowe, and in your case the CS6 version. Since your version is installed by using the CC app, using the Premiere Pro CS6 installer, the best bet would be to get a serial number for Premiere Pro CS6 to avoid to reinstall it.

Maybe it´s worth cecking out TMPGEnc Authoring Works 7 - The Ultimate DVD / Blu-ray / AVCHD Authoring Tool - Pegasys Inc. (pegasy... It´s not as complex as Encore but it´s great. There is a 30-day trial version available with no limitations. I use it myself and in 9 out of 10 times it is better than Encore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a chat with an Adobe agent, I supplied my Adobe end user ID, and she indicated I never had a license for Premiere Pro CS6.  I did find I have an Adobe software license certificate for Premiere Elements 11.0.  That is what I remember, migrating from Pr Elements 11.0 to Premiere Pro CC, which as I understand did not use serial numbers.  The Premiere Elements serial number does not work in the prompt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@josephc66141161 

Premiere Pro would have had a serial number.  If registered, you should be able to retrieve the serial number by following these instructions:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html

Encore was a separate purchase and a separate serial number.

Roxio Toast burns play only Blu-Ray to blank BD discs from video files, but it is macOS only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro would have had a serial number.

By @Warren Heaton

No, not always. If you just installed CS6 using the CC-app you never got a serial number for CS6 since the license were activated through Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Warren Heaton 

You only have a serial number if you bought the program way back before CC existed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very frustrating to have an Adobe prompt for a serial number for software I don’t believe I ever had block software I used for years.  I never had a problem with Encore CS6.  There are new copies of Premier Pro CS6 on discs for sale on the internet.  But do sets on discs come with the 24 digit serial number?  Or was the serial number just used for downloads?  I am thinking of buying one just to get Encore going again, there doesn’t seem to be any other way get past this prompt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are new copies of Premier Pro CS6 on discs for sale on the internet.  But do sets on discs come with the 24 digit serial number?

By @josephc66141161

If you buy a boxed retail copy the serial number will be there. If you just buy a disc no one knows. Ask the seller before you buy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a chat with an Adobe agent, I supplied my Adobe end user ID, and she indicated I never had a license for Premiere Pro CS6.  I did find I have an Adobe software license certificate for Premiere Elements 11.0.  That is what I remember, migrating from Pr Elements 11.0 to Premiere Pro CC, which as I understand did not use serial numbers.  The Premiere Elements serial number does not work in the prompt.

By @josephc66141161

That´s correct, if you got CS6 when installing from your CC app you never got a serial number. There was a time when perpetual CS6 licenses (serial number) and CC-subscription were sold at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used this for a few years some time back, it was fantastic and free:

https://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/pin/7110/burning-software/burning-studio-free

I'm not sure if it still does allow you to create video DVDs/BDs, probably does.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Email junk code removed]

Cool. Thanks! I’ll check it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aw that’s a bummer. I got to the party a little late, 2016 I think, and I don’t think Encore was in the mix anymore at that time.

When replying by email turn off your signature block.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds great, I’ll check it out! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4K Blu-ray gets mentioned in FCPX forums, Edius Forums, Avid Forums, Premiere Pro forums etc. There is a need for DVD/Blu-ray creaton. Adobe needs a DVD/Blu-ray creation program. We don't need it to be as complex as Encore. If it integrated with Premiere Pro but also worked as a stand alone product for FCPX. Avid etc Adobe could make money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines