• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I select an area of a clip and be able to modify it?

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't really know what to title this because it's hard to explain, but here's what I mean:

So basically I want to be able to select an area in my clip and be able to scale it and things like that.Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 8.25.01 PM.png

Is there a way I can select just that blue circle and change the size, like if I increase the size, only the blue circle grows and it overlaps the rest of the video?  Idk if this is a feature or not.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

This would require multiple layers of the clip, and doing some masking of the one layer that would scale up and down along with the vid layer.

It's a bit of work  ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would require multiple layers of the clip, and doing some masking of the one layer that would scale up and down along with the vid layer.

It's a bit of work  ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate you're response.  Do you know of any tutorial or video that can help me with this?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look for things using opacity masks and/or track mattes. A track matte is used based on some element in one layer to show or hide something on a higher layer. Essentially.

To really start using this program, it takes some time to learn which pays off big when working after it. I suggest getting Jarle Leirpoll's book "The Cool Stuff in Premiere Pro" which sounds like a light thing but is 500+ PACKED pages of practical editing from project management, basic to very advanced cutting steps, an amazing array of keyboard shortcuts and the reason to set and master them, sound, Lumetri color, motion graphics and animated titles including a bit of working with After Effects links, and a ton more.

It's an ebook available from his site of premierepro.net, and there's a lot on his site besides.

And past that, a few months with hours spent working through Lynda.com tutorials is fantastic.

Also retooled.net and premieregal.com have some stuff ranging from basic to well above.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An oval Opacity Mask would do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I will look into that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mikedzk  wrote

The video says "...unavailable"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oops - should be available now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines