• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't watch tutorials

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open the tutorial portion on Premiere, its telling me the scratch disk is unavailable. I have reinstalled Premiere several times and I'm definitely connected to the internet. Is there a problem?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing in that thread to help out.

Besides I know there no ready made solution for this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know about there being no fix.  check the 3rd thread where it's reportedly fixed (in the probably current version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> what version of premiere pro are you using?

@Deleted User in the OP says 23.1; Mac M1 Ventura.

And yes, @Kevin-Monahan said it was working in then Beta and in the upcoming release - on Sep 7. https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/in-app-tutorials-not-loading-for-premiere-pro/m-p/13183399#M429095

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OP is using Venture and most likely this is a Ventura issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have reproduced this issue.  Can we confirm the user type that was signed in when this issue occurred.  I believe it may be triggered if a non-admin user launched Pr and tried to access the tutorial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I choose an in-app tutorial, I get a scratch disk warning. If I choose "Yes",  I get an empty project named Get Started. No assets, no timeline.

I'm using 23.1.0 on Mac OS 12.6, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020),  3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9, 96 GB, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB.

I'm a single user with admin privileges.  So, not necessarily Ventura, not necessary lack of privileges.

Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 14.51.03 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you look at the following folders:
/users/Shared/Adobe/Premiere Pro 2023/Learn Panel/payloads and do a Cmd+I and list the sharing/permission settings.
If they are not Read/Write for all users can you set them to Read/Write.

- When you start Pr, can you create a new project and set the project location to the Documents folder (press OK to create the project).  Then access the Learning workspace and see if you can Download a tutorial.  Do you see the tutorials couldn't be retrieved error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The permissions panel shows 3 entries: r&w for wheel, r&w for everyone, and one that reports "Fetching..." with a spinner and r&w beside it. After about 5 minutes "Fetching" hasn't resolved.

But, following your steps to create a new project in my Documents folder I was able to download and access a tutorial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines