• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon Cinema RAW Light / .CRM support in PP?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe team!

I'm just wondering if there's an update on when you will be supporting Canon's .CRM Raw light codec in Premiere for the Canon c200?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Michael Hardinge

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Hi all,

Premiere Pro CC (12.1) brings support for the Canon C200 camera. As mentioned by Manish above, you also have access to the Canon Cinema RAW Light Source Settings in the Effect Controls panel.

Thanks for your patience!
Happy editing

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 160 Replies 160
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, BraydenFrazier! I don't have a helpful answer for you right now.

The product team is working on it but I don't know the exact date.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am considering purchasing a C200 but want to use it in Premiere.  Any word on a timeline for a support for raw light in Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please give us an update on support please it would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me, waiting to be able to use Canon raw light with Premiere, thanks !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We really need this update please... I really want to work with .CRM files but it's just not possible at the moment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, if CRM isn't supported within the next month, I'm going to have to cancel my subscription and just switch over to using Resolve. Premiere / Adobe used to pride itself on being on top of different codec support as quickly as possible, and it's getting a bit ludicrous now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 requesting CRM support in Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add support for cinema raw light! It would ensure I don't switch co pletely over to resolve, which does handle it more natively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RameezKhan​ just curious what Adobe‘s thoughts are on literally everyone saying they are moving to Resolve? Does this phase you guys at all? Also are we missing something? Is there some difficulty with adding support? I just don’t understand how it’s possible that there isn’t support yet? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know the best part of this is - the whole original creative cloud sales pitch - that Adobe will be able to move quickly with updates... Instead, I'm guessing they will keep to a release cycle regardless if Raw has been implemented...  Please Adobe prove me wrong and release a hot patch when it's done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please, make this update asap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need support for this ASAP!  The work flow is killing me. I still have my Avid Licence...  They have a plug in. Will let you know what I think of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELLO ADOBE, I really wish you would address these concerns with an update - My current PC workflow for the C200 is this.

Three C-fast cards dumped to my hard drive, 400Gb of Canon Raw Light files, included Canon software converting the files to DPX full res and Proxy. The full res DPX comes out to 4.9Tb, and the DPX Proxies in 1080 come out to 1.4Tb

This comes out to a total usage of almost 7Tb's, for a mere 38 minutes of footage from my C200, not only did I need to buy another hard drive, but come to find out I needed to buy 2 so that I can stripe them for smooth edit and playback - 2x 6Tb hard drives in RAID and I can't be the only one that had to invest just to make this workflow work - so its cost me an extra $500.... can we please just get a move on getting support for this file type - at least tell us what the issue is - are you understaffed, is Canon not cooperating on getting you information you need, is there something far more important you must do first - please stop leaving these messages unanswered.

I have jobs that need to be edited, sitting on hard drives - and no more room to convert them.

Concerned Premiere user....

Should I return these hard drives and use the money to re-invest in another editing software ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood, but as another user, got no more pull than any of us ... so please file that bug/feature request report, as that is what shows up for the development managerial types.

Neil

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should've read this thread before I bought the C200...

Dealing with raw right now. 200gb of raw lite = 10Tb for DPX. Please adobe save meee.. you've been saying you're making something for months now. Give us a date or something at least

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Team

When will we get an update for the C200 and CRM media?  I don't need a specific date...  Will it be a month? 2 months? mid 2018? etc...   We have projects to be completed and we need answers. I personally don't want to bail on Premiere Pro but if I dont see a solution on the horizon I will be forced to spend my money somewhere else. For me that will be going back to Avid. Once I go back down that road I won't come back...  Money is not limitless nor is my time to deal with this.  These vague responses are infuriating! Will we be waiting until 2019????? 

THROW US A LIFELINE! Give us at least a rough idea of when we will have at least a work around to use this in Premiere.

RameezKhan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for .CRM

Everyone go submit a feature request here: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Final Cut Pro has just launched their plug-in for CRM support. Come on Adobe, get your act together! @

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“Adobe Premiere leads the industry with native support for virtually all of the major video, photo and audio formats.”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company made the mistake of listening to the Canon rep and assuming Adobe would keep up with their philosophy of being ahead of the curve with codecs. We ended up shooting a 1 hour special for PBS in canon raw (we filled up over 60, 256GB Cfast cards). Needless to say it's a headache, but we've found a good workflow for our PC based shop.

1. Import all the .crm's into resolve

2. Conform media in resolve (the 60P to 23.976 files)

3. Export proxies using low bit rate dnxhd mxf op1a at 23.976

4. Import the mxfs into Adobe Premiere, edit & lock picture

5. Export EDL from premiere for resolve

6. Open then orgnial resolve project and import the EDL.

7. In resolve we'll do final color and mastering for broadcast.

The upside to this workflow (if there is one) is resolve will actually take advantage of the 12bit color. Obviously we'd would love for Adobe to catch up, but this is functional.

At the end of the day the extra effort is more than worth it, the camera captures absolutely beautiful images in 12 bit, that cut we'll against much higher end cameras.

I'd like encourage everyone to submit a feature request, that will hopefully help get their attention.

Best of luck everyone,

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting what sounds like a process that should get excellent results at the end. Round-tripping the other way 'round ... slick process.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

As I had mentioned in my earlier post, we're working on it. Unfortunately, I don't have any information about the date. All I can say is it's coming soon. That said, I have alreadt shared the community sentiment with the engineering.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines