• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2020 SUPER LAGGY

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to do work in premiere 2020 and its super laggy i cant even edit a video because it was so laggy, is anyone else having these issues?!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Sam,

I had previously warned other users about mismatching the relative performance of the GPU with regards to that of the CPU. Many of the users that I responded to - and I am currently guilty of that myself - combined a relatively powerful CPU with a relative weakling of a GPU. Your system is clearly the opposite: That GPU is clearly overqualified for the CPU that you're using. Premiere Pro really works best when the relative performances of both the CPU and the GPU are closely matched. Howeve

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 100 Replies 100
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I am having the same problem since i updated my CC from 2019 to 2020 two days ago, simply unusable.
This is it, i am quitting my abo and i will go work with some other software...

However, i tried the steps provided by pimm38677451 and it did not solve my problem.

My Hardware specs:
Windows 10 Pro 1909 x64
i7-6700K @ 4,6GHz
32GB DDR4 2400MHz CL15

MSI Z170A Gaming M5
Asus ROG Strix 1080 Advanced
Samsung 970 Pro 512GB (Adobe Premiere Pro is installed here)
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (Video File i want to work with is located here)

I am using the following set of setting for my output:
H.264 1920x1080, 60fps, progressive, vbr 1, 10,00Mbit/s max 12,00Mbit/s, aac 320Kbit/s 48KHz stereo

This update interrupts my productivity massivly and i have things to do... This ist just a punch in the face for everyone that pays fot this software...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me for now, will update if I run into problems but thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - I have given up on any new versions and reverted back to an old Windows 7 image with the 2018 12.0 edition that isn't as good as 2017 but still lightyears better than 2020 - its a no brainer - I am switching to Davinci Resolve for a one time fee of $299 - Adobe has lost it and I'm done wasting my time on them period.

If you need to revert a file to an older version:

Use 7-zip to extract the .prproj file

(Rename your file to .zip on a MAC and unzip it)

Open the extracted file in Notepad, Wordpad, (TextEdit or Atom on a MAC) or similar

In the fourth set at the top of the file:

<Project ObjectID="1" ClassID="62ad66dd-0dcd-42da-a660-6d8fbde94876" Version="XX">

Change XX to just 1:

<Project ObjectID="1" ClassID="62ad66dd-0dcd-42da-a660-6d8fbde94876" Version="1">

Save the file then recompress it with 7-zip (or Keka on a MAC) using the gzip format at default settings and change the extension back to .prproj on the newly compressed file.
This will allow you to open the file in any prior version but beware that missing features used will result in errors on opening the file but it still works of course and is better than the alternative of continuing with 2020 (or 2019 for that matter really, 2017 is still the smoothest then 2018 12.0, on W7 here obviously, W10 running any Premiere version has been kinda disappointing for me).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! Looks like Adobe prematurely released a buggy and laggy AF update that has made premiere pro practically unusable. It's ridiculous, even on a fully specced out machine with a core i9, 64gb RAM and RTX 2080 it's still choppier than a bad day at sea.

I use the Adobe suite at work because of its adaptability and compatibility, but recently it's been an absolute crap shoot. 

Thank goodness I still have a macbook lying around to use Final Cut with. Hopefully they fix this soon cause deadlines are piling up and premiere is only getting slower.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to weigh in as well and say that 2020 is ridiculously laggy to the point of unusability. At this point, it is hampering and interfering with my work, and I want to know how adobe is working to rectify this. Do better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has a fix been posted for this yet for Mac OS Catalina?  It's 12/6, and whatever is causing this problem just hit me hard.  It was working fine until this week, and now my timeline is unusable.  There is almost a minute delay between clicks and response, much less playback.  This is unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm I am having the exact same issue. Just got a new Mac Mini. 64GB ram, 6-core i7 processor. This is insane. Completly unuseable for 4K footage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same with me. Super slow and really hard to do my job. And it's been having all sorts of glitches. Sometimes I render and it adds all of these weird blue and green highlights to my footage. I hate it. Going back to 2019 (which I never had a problem with) until they fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAme here. I don't understand what happened it worked fine for a while, now I get a 1-2 seconds lag for every action i take on the timeline. Like trim or cut, I have to wait 2 secs for premiere to freeze and come back again. Interestingly, as soon as I open premiere, it eats 99% of my RAM (i have 32GB). Adn it stays that way whatever I do, even if i don't use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I'm working with proxies as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm desperatly trying to finish editing a project and this is just turning into a nightmare. One day editing is turning into 3-4 at this pace. So angry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this ... Godforsaken 2020 update .

pffftt... like a joke.

everything went south and laggy . freezing too !

just revert to CC 2018. it's stable and much more convenient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im in the same boat. How are you converting 2020 projects to be used on 2019 or earlier?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't a driect way as far as I can tell. I think your best option is to simplify the project as much as possible (don't use a tonne of channels) and create an XML. Open that XML in PP2019 and cross your fingers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need to revert a file to an older version:

Use 7-zip to extract the .prproj file

(Rename your file to .zip on a MAC and unzip it)

Open the extracted file in Notepad, Wordpad, (TextEdit or Atom on a MAC) or similar

In the fourth set at the top of the file:

<Project ObjectID="1" ClassID="62ad66dd-0dcd-42da-a660-6d8fbde94876" Version="XX">

Change XX to just 1:

<Project ObjectID="1" ClassID="62ad66dd-0dcd-42da-a660-6d8fbde94876" Version="1">

Save the file then recompress it with 7-zip (or Keka on a MAC) using the gzip format at default settings and change the extension back to .prproj on the newly compressed file.
This will allow you to open the file in any prior version but beware that missing features used will result in errors on opening the file but it still works of course and is better than the alternative of continuing with 2020 (or 2019 for that matter really, 2017 is still the smoothest then 2018 12.0, on W7 here obviously, W10 running any Premiere version has been kinda disappointing for me).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Super surprised that adobe doesnt make this easier. Ended up using this method and it worked well on Mac :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8ecJNJsnn8

Hey guys my name is Scoby and in todays video I am going to be showing you how to open a newer Premier Pro Project on an older version without any software or .xml files required! This tutorial is going to be great for anyone who is getting the error message "This project was saved in a newer ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NP - thank you, I have updated my entry with Mac entries (again!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

Whats going on?????? Whyyyyyyy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing that helped me was clearing out my PTX folder. On Mac, its: Mac Hard Drive / Users / your user / Library / Application Support / Adobe / Common / PTX.

(I did this in addition to clearing out my media cache folder)

I had 14k files built up in there. Seems to have sped things up. For now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.
i5-2500k, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By changing the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only I can now work, but it is not ideal.  This happens every single time Adobe updates.  For what I pay for this subscription, I am close to transitioning to a MAC with FinalCut.  I don't have time for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just amazing how consequent Adobe ignores this topic. Feels great to know my money is well invested... I think I'm switching to Davinci Resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try Davinci Resolve for a bit. Then make a decision. I have been using adobe software for 11 years...

They should just make things work and not rip us off. I am sick of spending hours trying to fix bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now January and colleagues and I are still having massive problems to the point where Premiere is nigh on unusable - like others here am looking to move to Resolve as a result. PP2019 crashed all the time, but at least you could actually edit something on it. Getting really fed up with buggy Adobe updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had to go back to the 2018 version. It's so much smoother and fast. Day and night difference, I am about to have a big job with multi cam but Davinci resolve is really bad for that.

2018 works perfect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines