• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC2015 - Out of Memory / Leaking like sieve

Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen some threads about this same issue but non for CC2015 so am starting a new one.

New Mac (iMac, 4ghc i7, 32GM RAM, 4GB VRAM) so new install of PP CC2015. Started editing proper today with a project I'd started in CC2015 - pretty big project with multiple sequences (totalling over 2 hours of edited timelines). 1080HD sequences but lots of split scenes, warp stabilizer, twixtor for slow mo (so a lot of nested sequences).

So the issue is that twice today I've had the mac "Out of memory" dialog pop up.

Screen Shot 2015-06-24 at 16.40.30.png

And when I go to the activity monitor and look at the memory usage, PP is not being a very good boy:

Screen Shot 2015-06-24 at 16.40.20.png

And in the time Premiere has been running I've been working on a sequence with 4 clips, so not any of the larger ones (though the project has about 2000+ clips of various types along with lots of other video and still assets).

My only choice to get this running is to restart Premiere.

I was running this before on a MacPro with CC2015 and though it was slower to run I never got these out of memory issues, so strange it would happen on a clean install on a machine that is so much more powerful.

Any ideas how to stop this happening? Can't keep restarting premiere ever 2 hours.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

I think I maybe getting closer to the issue 🙂

So I went back through everything I tried previously and was reminded that I did try deleting all the settings and that had a temporary fix but the memory leaks came back and I disregarded it but now think that settings are the key.

Short answer:

Clearing my settings folder, switch off CC settings sync and manually merging my settings back seems to have fixed the problem.

I tried so many different combinations of deleting settings, manually merging in

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 174 Replies 174
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin. My graphics is NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin. My graphics is NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

Good to know. I'm on the same rig.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin -

I updated to the July 30th version of CC 2015 yesterday, and have been having numerous errors since.

It is now crashing regularly (every 30 minutes or so). I have one such crash log, if there is a way I can send it with you, please let me know. Thank you.

I'm also running into a very odd bug where the property of titles (size, aspect ratio) change after the crash, or after re-opening a project. It's happened twice and I'm not sure why/when, so I have little to go by in describing it. If it happens further, I will describe it in better detail.

Is anyone else having any issues since updating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I've been looking at this thread for three days and having the exact same issue, usually when exporting. Gets about halfway through the sequence and then runs out of memory. It's 11 minutes of C300 footage. Just did a clean install of Yosemite and still the same thing. Tried disabling Sync Settings and switching to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only.

Is there an update in the works to fix this issue that we can expect within the immediate future?

The bottom line is that I can't devote any more time to trying these workarounds, it's starting to cause problems at work. I'm on a deadline and cannot get my sequence out of CC 2015. Please help and advise regarding the update that will fix this.

C300 footage graded with Colorista II

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harrison,

How does it perform without the Colorista plug-in applied?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

Once I disable all of the effects, (colorista II and 2 warp stabilizers) it exports. But to be clear and frank - my client is paying me to deliver a finished product, and delivering something that is unfinished and ungraded is going to be unacceptable to them. We've locked and approved all the grades, which were done in Colorista II. I'm in a jam here and it's likely going to affect my relationship with my client, no matter what I do. At this point, re-grading in some other toolset that I am not as fast in will just be worse.

What would really help me, Kevin, is for you to please, please provide some information regarding whether we can expect an update that will deal with this memory issue in the near and reasonable future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harrison,

Once I disable all of the effects, (colorista II and 2 warp stabilizers) it exports.

I went to the Red Giant website and Colorista II is not supported in Premiere Pro CC 2015 for any operating system and Premiere Pro. This may be at the heart of your issues.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to chime in and say that we had all of these same memory issues before we put a single effect on anything. Just doing a basic, short, cuts-only edit was almost impossible in CC 2015. After finishing that project we immediately retreated back to CC2014. I'm worried Adobe is going to focus too much attention on effects in this situation because clearly the issue goes much deeper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seconding Ohanafilms on this issue - I just forked over the $99 to upgrade to Colorista III, which is supported in 2015, and back to square one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ohana Films,

I would like to chime in and say that we had all of these same memory issues before we put a single effect on anything. Just doing a basic, short, cuts-only edit was almost impossible in CC 2015.

The memory leak issue brought up by the OP was largely solved by the update. Those having trouble with simple playback should also be solved by the update.

The current crop of complaints related to memory leaks seems to be more related to exporting issues; some with effects, some say they have no effects applied. These seem to be more prevalent since the 9.0.1 update.

It would help to create a new post with that topic so we can focus on export memory leak problems, not those brought about by Scopes or Sync Settings.

I'm worried Adobe is going to focus too much attention on effects in this situation because clearly the issue goes much deeper.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2015 Aug 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

When you put NOT ACCELERATED EFFECTS on the timeline, memory usages will grow enormously and the timline is Red.

When you put CUDA accelated effects on the timeline everything works fine.

Adobe: let me know how this comes !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. I'm on an iMac 5k, Yosemite 10.10.3

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 4 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Memory: 32 GB

I do happen to be using Lumetri panel and 2 scopes at 8-bit when this "out of memory" error occurs. I've optimized my memory settings, looks like my permissions are ok but I will reset them to be sure. I will also try a couple different pieces of footage + the same footage, other effects.

I am curious that you ask about the Lumetri scopes, though, so if you see this.. please LMK if there's something specific I should check in relation to those.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi The Fuzie,

I am curious that you ask about the Lumetri scopes, though, so if you see this.. please LMK if there's something specific I should check in relation to those.

Thanks!

There is definitely bug related to the Lumetri Scopes that we know about and are working on. It does appear to be a memory leak. Keep these Scopes closed when you are not using them and your memory should return to normal. If it doesn't, restart Premiere Pro.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Just to confirm I'm having the same memory issues in Windows 7, and Speedgrade 2015CC  (causing laggy display, input and memory uptake increasing rapidly in Resource Monitor) - so not just an issue in the Mac version of Ppro and perhaps a wider issue with colour correction across the CC apps?? Many also reporting crashes and laggy display on the Speedgrade forum which you should check out!

Thanks

Ps. Perhaps you guys at Adobe can learn from this and avoid launching revisions around major holiday periods so these significant and unacceptable issues/shortcomings can be addressed quickly. Last time I checked, I wasn't on some sort of beta testing plan!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gonzo,

Just to confirm I'm having the same memory issues in Windows 7, and Speedgrade 2015CC  (causing laggy display, input and memory uptake increasing rapidly in Resource Monitor) - so not just an issue in the Mac version of Ppro and perhaps a wider issue with colour correction across the CC apps?? Many also reporting crashes and laggy display on the Speedgrade forum which you should check out!

Then please create a post on that forum with lots of system and media info. The post from the OP is from Mac. Rarely, do Mac and PCs have precisely the same issues, so that is why a separate post would be helpful. I can look into it, however. I will have a look at the SpeedGrade forum as soon as I can too.

Perhaps you guys at Adobe can learn from this and avoid launching revisions around major holiday periods so these significant and unacceptable issues/shortcomings can be addressed quickly.

We take a week off every year at this time. Please do not be concerned about our summer break in the least.

Last time I checked, I wasn't on some sort of beta testing plan!

I know you're venting and are upset. If that helps you, that's fine. What actually would be more helpful for me is to file bugs. Do so here: http://adobe.ly/ReportBug
If there's anything I can do to help beyond that, create your own post and I'll do my best to assist.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Amen. We were not warned that this was not finished SW. What part of "on deadline" and not working for free does Adobe not get?

While I can see how hard the support guys are trying to help us, this is to be more polite than I should be, a heck of a way to run a railroad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BG,

Amen. We were not warned that this was not finished SW. What part of "on deadline" and not working for free does Adobe not get?

While I can see how hard the support guys are trying to help us, this is to be more polite than I should be, a heck of a way to run a railroad.

I can understand that you're upset. Please allow us to try and troubleshoot your issue so we can help you and others. Do you wish to add any info about your system, media, and/or workflow?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌My problems were mostly with missing plug ins, but I also got pop up errors both red and yellow, one that said something about import. 

I am on a PC, I7 5960 8 core, 64 GB,p99 motherboard, 3 SSDs, 7 ea 3TB Raid 0.  I use Pr, Ae, Ps.

I upgraded just before stating a short quick turn project with forty titles in it, and have not used the native titler for a couple of years.  Needless to say I missed my deadline.

I then went back to 2014.  But 2015 deleted 2014 when I wasn't paying attention so I'm back on 2015.  I finished that project, my titler plug in is working, but 2015 defaulted my cache to the C drive, which is a small SSD. I did not notice for a day or so then wham, my C drive is 20Gb from full. After finishing that project I emptied the cache in Ps, Ae, and Pr and changed the pointers back to the D drive, an SSD I use just for cache .  But I must have deleted something Windows wanted, because when I try to back up C using SynchToy I get a bizzare error that seems, from a Google search, to be cache related.

At this point I assume I'm going to have to reinstall Windows 7, something I'm not looking forward to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barton,

My problems were mostly with missing plug ins, but I also got pop up errors both red and yellow, one that said something about import.

I am on a PC, I7 5960 8 core, 64 GB,p99 motherboard, 3 SSDs, 7 ea 3TB Raid 0.  I use Pr, Ae, Ps.

We're trying to focus in on an issue with a memory leak with OS X users, primarily. Are you experiencing memory leak issues, as well? Regardless, it sounds like you are having a frustrating time with the issues that you raised. Very sorry about your poor experience.

At this point I assume I'm going to have to reinstall Windows 7, something I'm not looking forward to.

Let us know if that helps and make a new post if you have troubles.

Thank you,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried utilizing the workaround mentioned above but it doesn't seem to work on the Windows 8.1 CC15 platform (Premiere Pro). I've had to revert back to using CC14 to do any type of 4k editing. I'm having massive performance and memory issues. Within a matter of 1-2 minutes my computer goes from 12GB used to 60GB and then everything comes to a screeching halt. PpCC15 worked great the first couple of days it was out but after that it seemed to slow down dramatically.

One thing I noticed is that CC15 doesn't utilize as much of my processor or GPU compared to CC14 which seems odd. CC14 used all 8 cores at around 60-80% during playback and approximately 70% of my GPU, but CC15 only utilizes 4 cores at 15-35% and almost none of my GPU, but almost 95% of my memory. I'm really left scratching my head trying to understand what happened between the two versions. I really hope this is addressed soon because it's crippling my 4k workflow.

Used on -

Win 8.1, i7-5960x @ 4.4Ghz, Titan Black 6GB, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 2400, 512GB PCI-E SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, Drew,

I tried utilizing the workaround mentioned above but it doesn't seem to work on the Windows 8.1 CC15 platform (Premiere Pro).

Right. This appears to be an issue with certain users on Mac OS X.

I've had to revert back to using CC14 to do any type of 4k editing. I'm having massive performance and memory issues. Within a matter of 1-2 minutes my computer goes from 12GB used to 60GB and then everything comes to a screeching halt.

What is the format of your 4K footage? Is it from the Panasonic GH4, or other Panasonic based footage?

PpCC15 worked great the first couple of days it was out but after that it seemed to slow down dramatically.

That's not good. It sounds like you are having a memory leak issue, but it is not related to this thread. You can make a new thread and we can try and nail it down. It might be related to your footage. I know of one of our prerelease users that has memory leak with GH4 footage. Could that be related to your situation?

One thing I noticed is that CC15 doesn't utilize as much of my processor or GPU compared to CC14 which seems odd. CC14 used all 8 cores at around 60-80% during playback and approximately 70% of my GPU, but CC15 only utilizes 4 cores at 15-35% and almost none of my GPU, but almost 95% of my memory. I'm really left scratching my head trying to understand what happened between the two versions. I really hope this is addressed soon because it's crippling my 4k workflow.

That doesn't seem right at all. I suggest you create a new post with this info and we can try and laser in on your issues. That may help other WIN users that have a similar workflow.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin!

No, I'm not using GH4 footage. I'm using 4k ProRes 422 .Mov's and 4k Mpeg's (from a DJI Phantom 3). The memory seems to leak the most when I have the new color correction panel open.

I'll also take your suggestion and move this question to a new posting since it's different from the thread.

Thanks!

Drew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Drew,

No, I'm not using GH4 footage. I'm using 4k ProRes 422 .Mov's and 4k Mpeg's (from a DJI Phantom 3). The memory seems to leak the most when I have the new color correction panel open.

Yes, we do have a bug logged related to Lumetri Scopes. My suggestion for now is to leave the Color workspace closed if you are not doing any color grading. We hope to have a fix for this problem ASAP. Thanks for reporting back and I hope this info helps until we have a fix out.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2015 Dec 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exactly same problem on my widows 7 machine encoding a 30 minute clip into mpeg2 DVD format where I have done extensive color correction on an old movie.  Haven't had this problem in the past doing similar work. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is definitely bug related to the Lumetri Scopes that we know about and are working on. It does appear to be a memory leak. Keep these Scopes closed when you are not using them and your memory should return to normal. If it doesn't, restart Premiere Pro.

I kept the Lumetri scopes closed and worked inside the Lumetri panel error-free for about 40 minutes (at which point, I stopped working because I was done.) That is far longer than I could work yesterday before an error popped. It feels like I'll be OK. If I get a chance to test other intensive processes throughout the week, I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully, my issues are limited to the scopes!

Thanks, Kevin. (And thanks for doing the best you can during a company shutdown. Sorry you're the messenger getting shot for your efforts!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines