• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC2015 - Out of Memory / Leaking like sieve

Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen some threads about this same issue but non for CC2015 so am starting a new one.

New Mac (iMac, 4ghc i7, 32GM RAM, 4GB VRAM) so new install of PP CC2015. Started editing proper today with a project I'd started in CC2015 - pretty big project with multiple sequences (totalling over 2 hours of edited timelines). 1080HD sequences but lots of split scenes, warp stabilizer, twixtor for slow mo (so a lot of nested sequences).

So the issue is that twice today I've had the mac "Out of memory" dialog pop up.

Screen Shot 2015-06-24 at 16.40.30.png

And when I go to the activity monitor and look at the memory usage, PP is not being a very good boy:

Screen Shot 2015-06-24 at 16.40.20.png

And in the time Premiere has been running I've been working on a sequence with 4 clips, so not any of the larger ones (though the project has about 2000+ clips of various types along with lots of other video and still assets).

My only choice to get this running is to restart Premiere.

I was running this before on a MacPro with CC2015 and though it was slower to run I never got these out of memory issues, so strange it would happen on a clean install on a machine that is so much more powerful.

Any ideas how to stop this happening? Can't keep restarting premiere ever 2 hours.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

I think I maybe getting closer to the issue 🙂

So I went back through everything I tried previously and was reminded that I did try deleting all the settings and that had a temporary fix but the memory leaks came back and I disregarded it but now think that settings are the key.

Short answer:

Clearing my settings folder, switch off CC settings sync and manually merging my settings back seems to have fixed the problem.

I tried so many different combinations of deleting settings, manually merging in

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 174 Replies 174
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI for others reading these memory leak posts.  I did some experiments/analysis and determined that the Lighting Effects (3 spotlights) is causing, at least, one of my severe memory leaks in Premier Pro CC 2015 (PP CC 2014 does not have this Lighting Effects issue).  I created my own post/question for this: Premier Pro CC 2015 Lighting Effects Severe Memory Leak (64 GB in 7000 frames rendered)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Craig.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob, your answer is very helpful and I took it one step further and now PP CC 2015 is running fast and stable. No more run out of memory at all. In my case the VST-plugins were the cause of all these troubles. Here's what I did to solve the problem:

1. Delete the 9.0 folder as described above by Rob

2. Start from scratch with the default settings (did nor re-import any of the old settings)

3. Do not scan for the VST-plugins anymore and use Audition for all audio editing. In Audition the VST-pluigins run fine.

Now PP also starts up projects much faster because the scanning of the VST-folders does not take place anymore (I have tons of VST-plugins), and the program runs much faster than before. I edited a 4K-project (350 Gb of raw data) without any issues anymore, though I extensively used Lumetri and other effects (but no audio effects at all).

Maybe this is helpful for some others with such troubles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm no pro, just a casual user. I've recently started having this memory "leak" and almost did a restore on my computer. Out out frustration I started uninstalling all PP plugins. It turns out for me at least, that Red Giant's Shooter app and Universe app with plugins was causing the memory leak. After completely uninstalling everything related to Reg Giant, no more memory leaks, rendering just fine now. It's worth a shot if you've recently, or since you've encountered the memory problem, uninstall Red Giant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. So Colorista II is not available on CC 2015?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue.  My system has 32g. of ram and is now constantly running out of memory with Premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any resolve or work around to this issue?

I have a Mac Pro 3 GHz 8 core Xeon E5 Running 64 Gigs of Ram and I am not able to export my time line

• I have my settings to software only render because of the other issue with Adobe and digital lines while running in GPU Mode.

• I have no filters on my footage
•I have no scopes open
Any information for at least a work around would be helpful.
When is Adobe going to Address some of these major  issues we are having? Seems many issues never get resolved and just get passed under the rug and talked about for months and in some cases years.
Pardon my rant.  I just want to Export my project so i can Have a happy client!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you have no filters on your footage, I would export an XML and import that into Premiere CC 2014.  I was in the same position trying to get a video delivered to a client so I tried this which worked fine except I did have filters which don't transfer over in the XML so I ended up exporting smaller segments before my application memory ran out and then then cutting the segments together in a new timeline.  My memory leak was caused by the Lighting effect so once this effect was burned in I had no problem exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for me the memory leak i clearly created when using opengl for anything (AME or an export or a render directly in permeire pro) i had been using opengl because as most are aware cuda is broke when using yosimite and will start creating artifacts on the screen, anyway i have switched back to using cuda and no more memory leaks everything works except for the fact that after about 1 hour of use i have garbage all over my screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TMV,

I have a Mac Pro 3 GHz 8 core Xeon E5 Running 64 Gigs of Ram and I am not able to export my time line

Work with support on this issue.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works in my projects: I render Premiere Project from After Effects.

I hope this helps at least some of you guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I started this post originally and thought I don't have rapid increase in memory usage issue anymore (stopping the sync of settings fixed that) I am still see a more gradually memory leak that occurs over several days and gets to the point when Premiere has to be quit as it freezes my whole system.

I'm also unsure how to give a test case to show why/where it happens because it happens so gradually over 2 days that you don't even know it until you suddenly realise Premiere has gobbled of the memory up. I'm jumping between 5 different 25 minutes sequences so lots of different edit patterns and filters being used but main plugins I use are warp stabilizer Lumetri Color and Twixtor - my guess is the first two that maybe causing the issues, most likely Warp because, well, its always Warp that seems to cause the problems

I wouldn't be so bother if it wasn't for the fact that every time I restart I lose all my rendered sequences so I have to spend 3-4 hours re-rendering so I can watch my final sequences to find the small things to tweak. But thats another bug which looks like it will never be fixed!

Anyone with any temp solutions for this slow creeping memory leak, please let me know.

FYI, I'm on the latest release of Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2015 Nov 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, Adobe Lightroom CC 2015 started doing this to me as of yesterday, just hours after I upgraded to the most recent rev of LR. (This is the rev AFTER the bug fix they introduced in 6.2.)

While I'm using LR, the performance now is dragging. I'll switch between images and the histogram won't change. I keep having to quit LR, and launch while verifying the catalog just to get things like importing working. If i leave my Mac for a while, I come back and am told that I'm out of memory. Often I have to reboot the whole Mac to fix this, just quitting the app doesn't do anything.

I know it's not Premier, but since it's another Adobe app doing the same thing, and started after an update, I have a feeling it's related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue re: memory bloat.  I get 62% into my export and it freezes.  I've tried the steps listed here, but nothing seems to fix.  Can I open in an older version and export ??  I need to get this project out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding my plus one to this.

RAM: 16GB

Noticed my Photoshop was using 6GB of ram, so I closed everything out, and opened the program a bit later. Launched, and opened a single PSD with a few layers. Nothing complex or intensive, small file. Sitting here idle (haven't touched a thing since I opened it) the memory usage has gone from 1.002gb to 1.116gb usage within the last 2 minutes, with nothing being touched in the program whatsoever. It is still climbing as I type this.

At one point earlier tonight, ram usage got so high that it locked up my whole system and I had to force close photoshop because of 90% of my RAM was being used. I used to work on much more complex PSDs with varying layer styles and effects using a system with only 4gb of ram, and never had these kinds of issues. Running the latest Photoshop CC 2015 which was updated (for me) tonight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, I recently upgraded to the 2015.2 release (the newest one) and now my RAM is filling up after only 20min or so of AE work. I'm not doing anything to complex and, as those above have said, this exact same work never created a RAM issue before the update.

If I purge the disk cache and memory for AE it drops my RAM usage down to about 15% but then, steadily, it grows again until I have to re-purge every 20/30 minutes.....certainly not an optimal situation and never one I had to deal with before.

I know that you already recognize this, Adobe, but for customers spending $50/month on this software, it would be wonderful to have these sort of productivity-crippling bugs addressed quickly. Thanks very much.

RAM: 32GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a fix for this??? I am trying to export a 8 minute file and I keep getting 'application out of memory' What's the fix Adobe???? I have a deadline tomorrow???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2016 Mar 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also running into this with my Windows system with 32gb of ram, latest Premiere CC15 version. It's really lousy to wait for a 45 minute render and then have this thing pop up at ~95-100% with a failed generic render + out of memory error. Not just one dialog, but two. How great is that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also have this happen on my 5k iMac (32gb RAM) daily, not for premier but Illustrator and Lightroom. Pretty nasty as i can't even save or recover documents sometimes. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator and Lightroom are completely different programs, the issues would not be related.

I would suggest going to those forums, as no one here nor the staffers would have any capability to help.

Photoshop Lightroom

Illustrator

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any updates to this issue? It's still happening here, has been through all of the CC15 versions. Apparently .4 is the worst culprit of all.

Having 2 video tracks just sitting in a sequence and scrubbing through for about 20 seconds will halt the program with out of memory errors, and max out the 16gb of ram I have. It sits idle at ~42% memory being used. I've tried re-installs, every potential fix in posts about this that I could find.

I'm getting tired of paying for Adobe software that works so poorly. I completely understand that there are variables in hardware and other potential causes, but the fact that others are encountering this means it can't be an isolated incident, and to have no resolution in almost a year is just absurd.

Please somebody fix this bug or assist your customers who depend on this for work and are not getting what we've paid for.

Windows 10

i7 4770k @ 3.5ghz

16gb of ram

GeForce GTX 780Ti

Using CUDA\

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different Adobe program teams have different practices on things like bug-fix minor update releases. The AfterEffects team seems to release several updates over a cycle, more than the PrPro team does, for example. As there aren't new features that come with those extra updates, those would be bug-fixes.

The PrPro team will on occasion ... maybe once/twice per project cycle ... do a "simple bug fix release" ... but not very often. It is of course requested that they do this sooner, rather than roll out a bunch of fixes in one release. After waiting.

But none of the people you want to talk with come "here" as this is seen as user to user. They do read the bug-reports, and they are distributed in tabulated form (I'm told) to all the team leadership and to the managers above the team who really do much of the engineer budgeting decisions and such.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I transferred a project from an older 2nd gen laptop to a newer laptop (USB 3.0 drive).  (Premiere cc 2015.4, PC, 2nd Gen i7 (8GB RAM) moved to a 4th gen i7 (16GB RAM) with CUDA acceleration) The new laptop had a freshly installed Premiere CC 2015.4 installation, (no upgrade).  And I experienced the memory error.  I've slowed down the frame rate on some clips, and sped up some others, but that's about it for effects.  Right now the projects just consists of arranging a bunch of clips to music.  Really, nothing special at all going on yet... mainly just cuts and a few transitions.

At the moment, unchecking all the options in "Sync Settings" seems to have helped.  In my case the memory leak was occurring when the project was importing and the clips were conforming.  I wasn't even working in it at the time.  (kept crashing before the conforming was complete).

Interestingly I've found (after turning off the sync stuff) that the memory fills up right away to the allowed maximum during the conforming,.. but if I play the timeline, or mess with it, then the memory in use drops from the ~8GB that I'm allowing it, down to around 2.4GB... then quickly builds back up as the conforming continues.

So it seems to me the issue is very much related to the "Sync settings" and the part of the software that is doing the conforming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new laptop uses both the Intel video and NVIDIA GPU.  I've found also that I have to turn off CUDA acceleration in the Rendering and Playback settings, or I'll get about 15 seconds of playback before the video freezes.  Software works better.  This is unfortunate as I was really hoping to take advantage of the acceleration. 

Seems like CC 2015 has really taken a giant leap backward in quality and reliability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not uncommon for PrPro to perform better in laptops that have an added "real" video card after the on-board graphics have been disabled. Leaving the only video as the graphics card seems to confuse the program less.

Others work with both without issue, but it is worth testing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines