• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

change frame size within a video

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a tutorial using footage of a screen recording from a mobile device and screen recording from a laptop. The problem I'm having is trying to combine the two. I have the most mobile device footage and that's what I started with so that is the frame size. (looks like the size of a phone screen.) when I try to add in the laptop footage it only shows what fills the smaller frame? I know how to set to frame but I need to do the opposite and have the frame scale to picture.

I've looked everywhere and cannot find a solution. Keep in mind I'm a beginner and self taught. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Hi sinclaira -

1. Right click on your sequence from the Project Panel and select sequence settings.

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 2.04.02 PM.png

2. From the sequence settings window, under "Video" change your horizontal to 1920, so you will get a 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution and an aspect ratio of 16:9.  Then hit ok.

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 2.03.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Adobe application (and version) are you trying to use? If you tell us, we can forward your request to the appropriate forum. (This one is not for that purpose.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro CC 2017, sorry about that.
Thanks!

[Moved... Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to change the framesize, select sequence in Project Window,

Go to Sequence / Sequence Settings,

Set Editing Mode to Custom,

Change horizontal and vertical parameters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sinclaira -

1. Right click on your sequence from the Project Panel and select sequence settings.

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 2.04.02 PM.png

2. From the sequence settings window, under "Video" change your horizontal to 1920, so you will get a 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution and an aspect ratio of 16:9.  Then hit ok.

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 2.03.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the sequence is made of a preset you cannot change height and width without changing the editing mode to Custom first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, I'm able to change height and width from the DSLR preset without changing the editing mode to Custom first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see now: some presets have fixed resolutions some dont..........

As I dont use dslr I assumed it was all presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines