• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discuss the Premiere Pro 22.3 UI changes: Import, Export, and Header Bar

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling too, this UI update seems a step backwards requiring more clicks etc to do the same tasks... I also can't find options to do layouts that worked very well for certain tasks. Whats happened to the caption layout for instance?

If I wanted a Premiere rush like inetrface i'd use rush... This is professional workstation software why are you dumbing it down... Shades of Final cut 10...

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Hi Community,

Thank you for the comments, but the Premiere Pro team does not generally read feedback on these user-to-user forums (Discussions).

Regarding Export Mode: Please provide feedback to the Premiere Pro Team on this thread on the Ideas forum.

For the Header Bar: provide feedback here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 515 Replies 515
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bye Baffy19

It could very well be if you installed the latest update from a few days ago. But the update
before that was not good. But apparently they fixed it quickly. it works fine now

Paul Kamp

Verzonden vanuit Mail<> voor Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🖖

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't read through the whole thing, but this new UI is terrible.  All I want to do is start a project and import my files, and I'm totally lost.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like before ... very simply.

FIRST TIME ONLY, as these are sticky: make sure nothing in middle section has stars, and nothing over on the right is blue, all icons/controls are grey.

Then, and for all future use:

1. Type the Project Name
  2. Select the Project Location
  3. Click Create
  4. Import via Project Panel or MediaBrowser as you always have.

Essentially, just work as you always have.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now rolled back to 22.2 and there I will stay. After 30 yrs of using Premiere I will now look at other software. The UI changes in 22.3 are just utterly baffling and have made it too frustrating to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you feel frustrating? UI changes in 22.3 makes many other helpfull, but also makes any other in pain. 🙂

Looking at other software alternative will waste your time and makes your step backward. Do you other software alternative than Premiere Pro? If you're mac user may be can use FCP.

What about Resolve? i'm a Resolve user too. I also read so many complain on their forum.

No perfect software on this planet 🙂

So, choose version that works for you is best choice for now, until Adobe hear many complain of their software, but they just hear, never do what customer want with their software, maybe 🙂

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly as you said. There are things that are easily solved in DaVinci and the same thing is not solved in Premiere. And it won't be decided for a long time. I'm talking about the most banal options. This is such a tool as trimming unnecessary frames when consolidating a project and freeing up workspace in the project control panel. This is a simplified version of video output as separate frames in the export panel. This is a clear work of replacing clips on the timeline when disconnecting and attaching new material. This is the MD5 sum standard for transferring material to production, which is required as a production standard. This is organized work with metadata and project organization. This is a thoughtful work with key presets (scripts). This is a great job of effects and masks. This is an improved 4:2:2 10-bit file playback algorithm and win-win playback of material on the timeline. This is a proper redefinition of the color space without hemorrhoids of the output settings. And a bunch of a bunch of others. Note that I have listed only the main things that should be in Premiere today. And that's not all. Therefore, not all software products are the same. It would be more correct to say that they all work differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Baffy19 amazing thing that Adobe Premiere should be today. But, how to make they listen change?

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome bro. Unfortunately, the reality is that marketing does at the behest of the Adobe tower, without looking around at users and without competing with the leading player in the market. This is a sad factor. I also offered employees cooperation in the development of the product. According to my beliefs, I would be able to take the product to a new level in terms of functionality and convenience. But not in terms of performance, as it directly depends on the engineers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not on the Adobe team. This is the biggest problem. The rest is marketing and waiting for the innovations that users want, I think, is such a stretch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't like the new one, it's too big and confusing. I knew what I was doing with the old one. Is it possible to change it back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you cannot revert to the old export screen. Unless you downgrade Premiere version.

You can however send your timeline to AME and use the old-fashioned Export Settings from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new one is disconcerting at first. But after you work with it a couple minutes, it's actually very easy to understand.

In fact, setting it so you ONLY see the presets you use is easier than in the orginal version ... and that can actually save time.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't like it either. A few reasons:

I use a massive UHD display, so now every time I export I have to move over to look up in the top left corner to adjust my settings and filename. Then I have to move over again to find the export button in the bottom right. The whole thing is way too big.

The filename is no longer part of the save location dialogue, so when I want to save a new version of my export, I can't just copy-paste the old filename (it doesn't show filenames in the new location dialogue box). Now I have to open my file browser, navigate to my save location and copy the filename from there. This is extremely time consuming.

When I'm exporting from an in point to an out point (such as exporting a single frame jpg), the export preview doesn't automatically show the frame I was working with. Instead it shows the first frame of the sequence.

When I want to adjust a single export setting (when creating a whole preset isn't necessary), I have to click to twirl down the settings rather than just using my scoll wheel.

The new export window makes me want to pull my hair out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just spent the last few days visiting with the Adobe staffers and supers at NAB.

First ... the missing filenames will soon be back, that was never intended ... and they're trying to get that out with a few other things in a patch coming to us all very soon. With full apologies. (By facial expressions, kinda embarrassing I think.)

Second ... "it's way too big" ... totally agree that the distance from anything else you do to the Export button is WAY too far. And they said that has been "heard" from many users. I didn't get a public commitment (that ain't happenin') but ... this is quite possibly going to change. Hoping for soon.

That in/out point thing, that's something that should be posted over on their Premiere Pro UserVoice page. That's not a good nor expectable behavior.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I just saved over an earlier export. Premiere provided no warning at all that it was overwriting an existing file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. That's painful.

Probably use the Send to MediaEncoder option for now to avoid that, until they get the patch fixing this out.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I 100% agree. The new Export window is a disater. It feel like is was design by a 5 yr old. I'm at a loss to understand why on earth they thought this was a progressive step. It feels so counter intutive as to be unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree.

Filenames export windows: I used to copy paste filename and change version too, can't do it now.

Way too big of a screen: I'm editting with 27 inch screens, like you say my eyes have to scan the whole window and I can't see a whole overview in one go. 

More clicks: I never had unused presets in my way, it was a clear list. Now I have to unfold parts of the screen to get to a simple option that I nearly almost use like bitrate.

Also, the new project window, which is like Bridge I guess is a disaster too. Way too big, way to extensive. I don't need an Explorer look-a-like forced on me.

Really the worst 'update' in years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, but again ... we should get the proper Export page showing of all filenames in the destination folder in another build sometime not too long ... ish. Thankfully.

The Import/project start page ain't for most of us, anymore than the old new project dialog was. So just type a Name, set a Location, click Create and get to work.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, hi. Haven't heard from you for a long time. Tell me, when will the developers take care of the Import window? I don't understand why no one pays attention to this page, and everyone keeps talking only about the terrible Export. I wanted to see flexible customization and other privileges on this page. The EXPORT page suits me and this is the best solution in recent times. Only there are a few flaws, and so it is workable and convenient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think they're planning much in changes for the Import page.

From the comments at NAB, that's designed for quick/simple/down & dirty projects. They didn't seem to think it needed any changes or added capabilities, as for that ... the expect people to just use the old methods.

You can of course keep the public beta build loaded & updated, and check the public beta forum. As if there are any changes coming, that's where we'd find out about them.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, make your way to the developers and let them know about the improvement of the IMPORT page. This will be an indispensable process when preparing projects.

Why not bring the following functions here: consolidation of material, transcoding, cropping of extra frames, creating a Proxy, working with metadata for organizing projects.

This is very important and would need to be implemented here. That would be a success. Think about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes sense to you and me, right?

But the devs said simply that capability already exists where users that need it have always accessed it, and they currently have no plans to add those things to the simplified import/project start process.

So ... with enough say UserVoice requests, it might happen eventually.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter how much the developers want, we need to promote this idea. If not, then to hell with this IMPORT panel. I absolutely do not want to see her like this. We need to move forward, making the product better and organized. It is on the IMPORT panel that everything would be in one place and convenient. Now it's all scattered around the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines