• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discuss the Premiere Pro 22.3 UI changes: Import, Export, and Header Bar

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling too, this UI update seems a step backwards requiring more clicks etc to do the same tasks... I also can't find options to do layouts that worked very well for certain tasks. Whats happened to the caption layout for instance?

If I wanted a Premiere rush like inetrface i'd use rush... This is professional workstation software why are you dumbing it down... Shades of Final cut 10...

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Hi Community,

Thank you for the comments, but the Premiere Pro team does not generally read feedback on these user-to-user forums (Discussions).

Regarding Export Mode: Please provide feedback to the Premiere Pro Team on this thread on the Ideas forum.

For the Header Bar: provide feedback here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 518 Replies 518
Participant ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest solution is to simply roll back to the previous version. You can do this from the Creative Cloud app. I did, & it was a big relief!

Hopefully they wise up & add an option to use the previous, more efficient interface. They did it in PhotoShop after a disastrous & sudden workflow change...not sure why they didn't learn a lesson from that.

& before I get lectured about how the Beta forums exist—yes, they do. But no, it's not good dev practice to reply "Well we had it in the Beta forum" when people don't like having their workflows overhauled. "You should have found out whether we were gonna screw with you in this version" is not a sane ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simplest solution is to do what you've always done ... give the project a name, location, and create.

Then import from the Project panel or Media Browser, as you've always done.

The ONLY thing changed is the options on the startup. In years of user-study, like 1% actually set the cache file and preview locations.That dialog wasn't useful to hardly anyone. As once you set your preferences, they were sticky.

So they added a different set of options ... but as before, ignore them if you want.

That interface takes not one more click to use if you want to use the old import process. As I do. Not one click more.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of anyone who hates the new project start but LOVES the new export. The new export stinks.

Easiest fix is rolling back, not adapting to changes that are a pain. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, hit post too soon.

What I meant to say was, 

I don't know of anyone who hates the new project start but LOVES the new export. The new export stinks.

Easiest fix is rolling back, not adapting to changes that are a pain. Adapting to the project start is easier, but the export, not so much. It's not worth the time & annoyance, when rolling back takes two clicks—and then it's fixed, until Adobe releases the inevitable update where they change the UI again or provide a legacy option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fascinating the differences.

I tested the new start, figured out how it works best ... and why for some people that would be useful. But I'll almost never use it myself. I'm still name/location/create, then import via Project panel or MediaBrowser.

Averdahl's suggestion to move the Create button up next to Location in all that empty space is a good one though.

The export page ... after I unstarred everything, and then created the few exports I really use most, in all details, I found that works quite well for me. I don't conflate it works well for me to everyone wants it this way.

And I just do media files, won't be using all the left-side options.

But I can understand others view it differently. We're all different.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also really annoyed about prem pro... please put the export window the way it was 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the link below to make a report or request
-The Adobe employees who read here are support staff, not the programmers who make changes
-for Video & Audio & Animator programs https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/
-for PPro https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro
-https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html for everything else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The discussions on features/performance that you want to get to the developers happen mostly on the public beta forum, they have the 'featured' discussions on these things that are viewed by up to the program manager. You will even see staffers posting replies at times over there.

And you can easily have the old export page ... just use the queue to MediaEncoder option, and in Me the export system is still the old one.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's still the old interface..................for now. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new export window is an abonimation of user interface design. My whole team this morning was projectile vomiting at how much longer everything takes.

"Oh we have something that isn't broken? Let's fix it!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then DON'T use it to import!

It's so simple not to. The first time you use it, make sure none of the right-side import options are blue ... copying media, make bins, and create sequences. Should all be 'charcoal', the background color. Once you've set those off, they stay off.

From now on, simply give your new project a Name and Location on this page ... as you've always done.

Click Create ...

Now use whatever import methods you've always used. Either the Project panel or the MediaBrowser.

Takes no more time nor steps than ever.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I said the export window in my post. Not import.

the new export window is disgusting and a mess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it is true the import windows now suck, it's the export windows that are really, really terrible. I agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus if people are going around telling others how to get around using the new UI additions - that's about as big a signal as a UI/UX designer can get that they have failed miserably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It requires extra thought for me as well. Old habits die hard......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might also be that what someone likes, another ... doesn't. In the aisle-way discussions at NAB I've always been fascinated by how differently we all work.

I've even got friends that LOVE LOVE LOVE the UI of Resolve, which to me is a total mess. Go figure ...

So what you or I may thoroughly and intensely loathe will be someone else's joy. And there are a lot of people that really like the new import/export process. Vastly prefer it.

Not you nor me, but a lot of users, that I'll grant. There are ways to work more as we are used to that don't add a second to the process. And for the Export page, when you've set the presets that show to only the ones you use, then ... for some exports, that will be entirely sufficient and fast.

For others, there's the old way.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed....it's awful. The old interface was fast and simple.  This one is all click, click, search for moved feature, click, click, click.................and then export error. Grrrr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're going to use their new Export page, you really need to take some time to setup your presets ... including all the things you need in the tabs down below. Unstar everything else. It will probably take you a good half hour or so to set up only what you want.

Then it actually works pretty quick for your normal stuff. And there are fewer changes to make anyway.

Or just queue to MediaEncoder and use the old one. Which I was doing at first, but then I fnially sat down and dumped all the pre-selected presets, starred the ones I've created, and modded several of them for more details or slightly different use.

So it's grab the preset, set the name, and out.

It's still a ROYAL PAIN that you don't see the other file names when you set a name. And I'll be arguing this with the engineers in person in two days here in Vegas. Among other things.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When people leave Premiere Pro for Resolve or FCPX the thing they always miss most about Premiere Pro is the GUI. Adobe tried to fix something that was not broke. I hope Adobe goes back to the old GUI. The old GUI was awesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most people love to try new ease thing. But most people also hate to learn new easer thing too.

I'm SURE Adobe developer alwasy develop their software to be more intuitive and powerfull. But unfortunately when they improve a thing, it also can break another thing.

######
Raizen 7, 40Gb Ram, RTX 3060, Win 11 -- All of Software in the world are just tools. Buy it if it works for you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm throwing my hat in the ring on this issue!  ADOBE, YOU COMPLETELY SCREWED UP AND TURNED WHAT WAS AN INTELLIGENT EXPORT TO MEDIA ENCODER QUEUE DIALOGUE INTO AN UTTER DISORGANIZED AND UNWORKABLE DISASTER!!!  I cannot say that more emphatically withoug using a few four letter words!  I'm in total agreement with an earlier commenter who mentioned the [modern] age-old agage...IF IT AIN'T BROKE...WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO FIX IT? 

I work in broadcast TV and my job entails exporting tagged promos from stringouts in sequence timelines...anywhere from to 2 to 20 spots in each sequence.  A couple years ago we switched from exporting the whole timeline as one continuous clip to exporting individual tagged spots from the timeline.  Enter Media Encoder's Export to Queue function.   It was perfect, and I was able to export numerous promos easily and efficiently.  Now, it's a complete mess!  The feeling I'm getting from your stupid and uncalled for change to this process is...now you have people working for you who have no clue how those of us in broadcast work.  And, they have no clue of how we depended everyday on the efficiency of the old export dialogue.  Everyday we to have push this stuff out fast, and now your rediculous tinkering and reorganizing of a process that was perfect has simply ruined it.  And let me tell you there are many things wrong with the new dialogue...many things that combined make the process rediculously slow.  I will be cancelling my personal subscription to Adobe products.  I am not giving Abobe any more of my hard earned cash.  You guys are charging millions of people all this money monthly...laughing all the way to the bank!  Obviously, you don't give a damn about those who depend you your products everyday.  With this change, I hope the industry wakes up and finds new alternatives to your products!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any suggestions for software that will do a better job for your workflow than Pr?

It seems to me that transitioning an entire shop to new software is a huge undertaking that will involve more lost productivity hours than adapting to the new export UI in Pr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff Belluneis totally true. Pr is really amazing for me, really flexible workflow. It's the easiest software to learn in the planet. It makes us so easy to edit thing.

######
Raizen 7, 40Gb Ram, RTX 3060, Win 11 -- All of Software in the world are just tools. Buy it if it works for you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um ... queue to MediaEncoder is still there. Down in the lower right, one of the two export options. Just as before, the option shown alongside the normal export that would be directly from Premiere.

You say that was your process ... and that is no differnt now. Why have you changed then? I'm not understanding something here.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Queuing to Media Encoider (as you repeatedly suggest people do in order to avoid using the crappy new Premiere export interface) is far less convenient than exporting directly from Premiere as we used to be able to do. So despite the Media Encoder option, complaints are still very justified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines