Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Display Surface Initilisation Failed

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. My premiere pro won't open anymore. Everytime I start up the program it gives me this error saying - "Display Surface Initilisation Failed" and then exits the program. My iMac and premiere pro are all up to date and I can't seem to sort this issue out. Please help someone.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Sure thing Screenshot 2022-05-03 at 19.14.43.png

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sometimes you need to run creative cloud cleaner before reinstalling

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Worth a shot.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lo que debes hacer es restarurar los permisos del MAc (primeros auxilios al Disco) luego reinstalara el software, eso me funicono hace un par de meses.
Espero tambien te sirva a ti,
Saludos

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just finished a huge project in mystika VR and I tried to start premiere and I got the display initialization failed error. I couldn't even get to the splash screen. I managed to open creative cloud and held down the shift key to clear the media cache. I finally got the splash screen to open with the message did I want to clear the media cache. That did the trick. Now to see what happens the next time I try and work with premiere!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have same problem, but solved by changing firewall setting from "block all" to "high" and allow trustworthy programmes in antivirus. I am using Quick heal antivirus. please try this setting. No need to restart computer.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is expensive software. If the "Display Surface Initialization Failed" cannot be fixed in a timely manner, reciprocity needs to be addressed. The Service Level Agreement has been exceeded with more than 10% down-time. 

Adobe, please communicate a resolution?AdobeError1.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James, please utilize the official Adobe support. https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html

This forum is a quick way to engage with other members that use Adobe products, but if you still experience issues, you need to contact official Adobe support.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no contact resource on the adobe help page there is only a bot chat that does not understand basic commands -- which about sums up the entire creative cloud experience. it gets worse every single day. on every single app, on every single device

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your frustration, but it is unrealistic to expect Adobe to test every possible variation in hardware, OS and how the program might be interacting without other elements that have been installed on a system.  I've seen this message a couple of times, but restarting or shutting down and restarting has always resolved it...   As Jeff suggested, contacting Adobe support is a good idea but gotta say alot of times, this forum can solve problems...  But we'll need some basic information 

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.  And you'll need to be systematic in answering questions and trying suggestions.   It's never easy to diagnose issues from a distance...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple does not offer very much variation. I use a quite off the shelf MacPro, with standard components. But Premiere fails to start.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's never easy to troubleshoot from a distance...  and we have to start with this question...   Otherwise we can waste alot of time...

There are hardware requirements for Premiere and many "off the shelf" macs to do not meet them.  Have you checked to see if you meet these?  And these requirements can vary by the type of media you're working with...  

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html#gpu-acceleration

and if you're working with marginal hardware, there are sometimes ways to work around the limitations.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix this problem by changing the power  settings under Energy Saver, had it under Never and changed it to every 1 hour. Hope this helps!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Windows 10 & Premiere Pro 2023 I resolved this issue by allowing "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2023\GPUSniffer.exe" through my outgoing firewall (PortMaster)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My solution:

-Run cmd.exe as admin and run command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

-Rename %PeremierPath%\dynamiclinkmanager.exe to .bak filetype

-Launch Premier as Administrator

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines