Display Surface Initilisation Failed

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. My premiere pro won't open anymore. Everytime I start up the program it gives me this error saying - "Display Surface Initilisation Failed" and then exits the program. My iMac and premiere pro are all up to date and I can't seem to sort this issue out. Please help someone.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screenshot of this error? Not sure if this is a Premiere error or a system error.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing Screenshot 2022-05-03 at 19.14.43.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other users have fixed this error simply by rebooting the computer.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this multiple times. Still not working.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This same issue is happening to me after updating to v22.4. There has to be a better solution than rebooting the entire system each time. And this is after v22.2 had a similar issue where it would hang up mid-launch because of a faulty plugin that couldn't be deleted.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines