• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Premiere Pro work with Windows 10??

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Premiere Pro work with Windows 10??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Yes, it's included in our system requirements documentation now: System requirements | Adobe Premiere Pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 135 Replies 135
Engaged ,
Sep 26, 2015 Sep 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All. So I was forced to make the decision (because of Premiere ProCC2014 problems) to either clean install Windows 7 once again, or take a chance and go Win10. I figured, What The Hey, I'm in the middle of projects and have an extra day to waste in case of major problems, so I not only upgraded to Win10, (and this is important), but also then did a Clean Install of Win10.

After the first Win10 upgrade, I experience major problems with Premiere Pro 2015, mainly because there was a flaw/bug in the online upgrade that didn't allow for the complete un-installation of CC2014. This, I believe may be the crux to many 'o peoples problems here.

In my case, I was forced to do a re-install of Win10. It's a matter of fact, Adobe Customer Support had to take over my computer and figure that having both CC2015 and partial CC2014 was causing such breakdown, that a Clean Install of Win10 was in order.

Well, after a day of headaches and a triple re-install of Win10 and double install of CC2015, everything "seems" to be working much much better. (cross my fingers now).

Two simple projects in (within 4 days) and so far no crashing, glitching, major issues. Only a slight progressive increase of RAM usage. (slow memory leak), that I believe Adobe is already aware of.

I hope this can be of help. Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Apple not ready for Windows 10, it will be a pain working with quicktime files and I do that all the time. I will wait maybe 6month before going win 10 again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2015 Oct 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running an old Premiere Pro CS4 and it keeps crashing under Windows 10.  It worked well under Windows 7.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are still issues for a LOT of Win10 users ... the patches they put out seem to be helping some.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro CS6 does not work reliably with Windows 10. CS6 freezes every time I import a video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you notice some improvements with the Premiere CC experience after the TH2 major update of Windows 10? I have a new machine and I still running MSDOS because I don't know if W10 and CC2015 will do a good job toghether in 4k editing (amateur video editing for blogs)  instead using Windows7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2016 Jan 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now Premiere Pro is non operational, crashes every time I try to import a video file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrade or a clean disc-wipe/new OS installation?

Those doing the simple upgrade process seem to have nothing but headaches dealing with video issues. Those doing clean installs seem to be able to run ok.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a clean OS installation and Premiere Pro still doesn't work.

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 9.2.0.41, time stamp: 0x56a208c9

Faulting module name: dvaui.dll, version: 9.2.0.41, time stamp: 0x56a1e1b0

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000001bcc38

Faulting process id: 0x16b4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d16287646e05bf

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015\dvaui.dll

Report Id: c9d21edb-da83-4fa9-9206-82b2d34ec7ea

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In searching for this online, I found a rather detailed post that listed this as typically being a Windows registry problem (the file is either mis-registered or not registered), the file is corrupt or missing, there are other hardware pieces that utilize that file which have drivers causing a problem, or the PrPro installation is corrupt. Nice small easy list, right?

Sometimes people have gotten past this by the "simple" path of doing the manual driver update check for the hardware pieces on their computer. Other times via going into the registry, finding that file, and 'fixing' the data on it. Other times by deleting that file, and then replacing it. Also by using the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool to remove PrPro and all preferences, then downloading/installing a fresh copy.

I think if we can get Kevin-Monahan‌ or RameezKhan‌ to jump in, it might help ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to know what my issue is then, I have worked with Adobe technicians for months and I cannot get Adobe Premier working on my PC consistently at all, very frustrating!! I don't feel like I am getting any support, half the time I feel like these guys are just deleting and moving stuff around my computer without a clue and sometimes it gets worse! It doesn't appear to me that anybody at Adobe that I have worked with understands this issue or how frustrating it is for me to simply render a video.., I am not asking  for much, what do I need to do? Please help. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We other users aren't tech weenies nor experienced in the behind-the-scenes interactions of OS, hardware, & programs.

So ... if RameezKhan‌ or Kevin-Monahan‌ could pop in, might be of some help. I hope.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I have one PC that I rolled back to Premier Pro CC 2014 that was able to render this same video without issue., so that was good. I had to rebuild the project, but that didn't take too long. The PC that isn't rendering has much more available resources though, so there must be some sort of driver or compatibility issue. I am thinking of rolling back to Premiere CC 2014 on the below PC as well and see if that makes a difference.

The PC with issues:

AMD FX - 8120 8 core Processor 3.1 ghz

32gb RAM

64 bit OS Win 10

Nvidia Gforce GTX 670

Adobe Premier Pro CC 2015 or Media Encoder crash; AE works most of the time, but that will also shut down the system from time to time too.

No errors, or blue screen, just a complete shut down or power down like someone pulled the plug.

The PC without issues:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor 3.4ghz

16gb RAM

64 bit OS Win 10

Nvidia GeForce GTX 570

Premier Pro CC 2014

No issues rendering\exporting the same project

Cheers ;o)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pjc-Photo‌,

I have worked with Adobe technicians for months and I cannot get Adobe Premier working on my PC consistently at all, very frustrating!!

First of all, I'm sorry for a frustrating experience.

I don't feel like I am getting any support, half the time I feel like these guys are just deleting and moving stuff around my computer without a clue and sometimes it gets worse! It doesn't appear to me that anybody at Adobe that I have worked with understands this issue or how frustrating it is for me to simply render a video

Have you ever escalated your issue to the next level expert? Yes, we need to delete and move around stuff in order to know what's wrong [the files/folders are renamed/moved to a different location most of the time and not deleted so that we can go back to the previous state, if we need to].

Any DLL file issue is hard to crack because it could be either a Windows issue or an issue with the DLL file of a certain application.

I am not asking  for much, what do I need to do? Please help.

Definitely, you're not. Here is what we need to do to get to the bottom of this:

- I'd need the System Information file of both the machines (please save them as .NFO files) so that i can forward them to the engineering team and they can take a look. What is System Information? - Windows Help

- Please try downgrading your GPU drivers to see if that helps. [Going back a few versions might help]

- As you have pointed out, try going back to Premiere Pro CC 2014 on the other computer too.

I'm sorry but this doesn't guarantee a fix for your issue right away but this is a step in the right direction. Again, I'd suggest you to contact support and escalate your issue so that our Level II experts will be able to perform some advanced troubleshooting steps on your machine.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pjc-Photo,

Problem PC - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9767954/Problematic-PC1.nfo

OK PC - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9767954/Working-PC2.nfo

I think something is wrong here. I'm not able to download the files from the links given above.

Regards,
Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked on the links above and had no issues, but I moved them into a zip file and re-uploaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8spulzcmbpxjvn/pc-nfo.zip?dl=0

I don't have my case number handy, but should hopefully get it in email soon..,

From a customer service perspective, I think all technicians should Save customer layouts before wiping out all of those custom settings. It took a lot of time to get to that point and a lot of time to try and recreate. A little thing that makes a big difference in a customers experience. ;o) - Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved them into a zip file and re-uploaded

I've them now. Thank you!

From a customer service perspective, I think all technicians should Save customer layouts before wiping out all of those custom settings. It took a lot of time to get to that point and a lot of time to try and recreate. A little thing that makes a big difference in a customers experience. ;o) - Thanks

This is strictly followed by Adobe experts. [We are supposed to rename the folders/files we're moving/deleting] I'm not sure how the expert missed that. If we've the case number, we can share the feedback with him/her.

Thanks again!

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was really depressing was that they wiped out every custom configuration I ever had in one fell swoop w\o ever asking me or telling me that would happen and letting me save those settings, so I have to find all of brushed, actions, presets and reconfigure everything again. Shame on me for not having it saved, but I was never consulted, warned or asked, everything was simply wiped out and nothing fixed. That is what was really disheartening. - Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was really depressing was that they wiped out every custom configuration I ever had in one fell swoop w\o ever asking me or telling me that would happen and letting me save those settings, so I have to find all of brushed, actions, presets and reconfigure everything again. Shame on me for not having it saved, but I was never consulted, warned or asked, everything was simply wiped out and nothing fixed. That is what was really disheartening. - Thanks

Really sorry to hear about your support experience. Could you help me with the support case number so that we can check the details?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the status of your analysis? You received my files on 2/17 and I have not heard back? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pjc-Photo,

As i had said earlier, I'd to forward it to the Engineering team for analysis. These NFO files give them a better idea of the cause of the error.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood, but that was almost a month ago.., just checking for update or status and whether or not I should expect a reply or not. Thanks for response. I will continue to hold and look int other resolutions in the meantime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Engineering team members have busy schedules. If they will get back to me, I'll let you know.

Thanks for your understanding.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to decide to go the Mac Pro route, or, build a custom PC with Win10 (I'm an OSX user currently, but years of windows history).  What's interesting is, the common thread of the Adobe suite having trouble with all new and recent editions of both OS's.  I can see why people would want to have the installed versions of the creative suite, on a stagnant version of an OS because once you get that magical combo, you're afraid to do any upgrades.  Sad that the simplicity of app updates on mobile OS's can't be parlayed to the desktops on any OS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines