• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit Clip in Adobe Audition not working 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I typically Control Click on my music bed track, choose Edit Clip in Adobe Audition and it opens the clip in Audition for me to make adjustments.  This no longer functions in 2020 - it opens Audition but doesn't bring the clip into the software.  Please help - I know about the work arounds, but that workflow is simply broken, but very useful.  Thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Audition had an update today...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was Audition also updated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, even before I updated to the 2020 version. I thought that updating Audition and Premiere Pro to the lastest update would make it work but it didn't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a real problem. Can't believe this hasn't been fixed yet. I reinstalled both Premiere Pro and Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I did the clean up with the tool above and reinstalled both Premiere and Audition. Edit Clip / Sequence in Audition are still not working. Can I get an update please?

Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I contacted support and they even checked by remote access in my computer and told me to use a workaround...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news yet? Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing. What about it Adobe? Do we get a reduced rate from you while this slows our business?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition had an update today...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update solved the issue for me! 😃
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the follow up. Could you please acknowledge that the issue was with Audition and not Premiere?I understand that Adobe probably has guidelines that instruct employees to "admit no fault" but it is critical for those of us working in enterprise environments to understand where the disconnect was, which program had the issue and IN WHICH ORDER to update, revert or otherwise make changes.

We are at work. We have very limited time and manpower. These details matter. Please pass this to your team and see what changes - if any - you can make to support and serve our needs in this specific area.

Again, thank you for your time. I know it's a tough (and endless) job. You do it well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled both programs and it still does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we uncheck this reply? It's is neither correct nor an answer. Preiere and Audition do not function together as they should. This essentially breaks Premiere. When can we get a fix on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the function is still not working. Both Premiere Pro and Audition apps were just installed. Please provide an update. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature is working just fine on windows.

Best is to contact Support as they can have a look on your computer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody find a real solution to this problem? I'm running the latest versions of both softwares but whenever I click "Edit clip in Audition", Audition opens but does not load the clip. Premier just creates an extracted file in my project window, if i try to send that one to Audition, it just creates another extracted file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I talked to Adobe and they admitted they know this is a problem.  There is no solution until another update comes out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darn. Wish I had read that comment before I ran the cleaner tool. Now, for some reason, I can no longer launch Premiere Pro. Crashes on startup. I really don't appreciate Adobe's consistent failure to communicate this stuff more widely. Now I took action that I didn't need to and have hosed my install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not liking this growing Adobe pipeline. They need to slow down and take stock of QC. It's very, very bad right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working for me still, fresh install of latest Premiere and Audition apps. Please Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem.  Expected it to be fixed with latest update.  But, of course not.  This is par for the course with Adobe.  I expect it will be corrected in about a year.  The key thing to undertand is that Adobe is just not very good at what they do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me either. This is a huge issue and essentially breaks Adobe CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines