Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing Apple ProRes Log

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there an conversion LUT for Adobe Premiere Pro? For example Davinci Resolve has an conversion LUT for Videos in Apple ProRes Log.

I know how to color correct and grade, but for some Videos it is easier to have a LUT.

TOPICS
Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what camera or recorder? Log encoded media is always very specific to the device creating it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera was used to shoot the ProRes LOG?

It's common to download the LUT from the camera manufacturer.  For example, ARRI makes LUTs available for dowload from their website.

This also applies to footage shot with some camera apps.  For example, if shooting 10-bit LOG v3 with FiLMiC Pro, you would download the deLOG v3 LUT pack from their website if you didn't want to grade from scratch.

If Resolve and Premiere Pro are installed on the same workstation, you can use the Browse option in Premeire Pro to load the Resolve LUTs.  The LUTs in DaVinci Resolve are stored in a specific folder on your computer. On Windows, you'll find them at C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Support\LUT, and on Mac, they are located at /Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ordered my iPhone 15 Pro and in preparation was trying to find the Log ProRes LUTs from Apple to download.

Apple don't exactly make it easy for owners of iPhones with this capability (iPhone 13 Pro onwards)

Only iPhone 15 Pro can do up to 60 fps 4KUHD through the USBC port on a fast external  SSD.

Here is the official URL on Apple Developer web site I found. Even phoning support was no use.

https://developer.apple.com/download/all/?q=Apple%20log%20profile

Thx to users on the Apple Dev Community Forum 'combi06' and stewartscot to give them credit.

In the Zip file you get Log to Lin, Log to Rec 709.

Also pdf White Paper for bedtime reading

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Automatic iPhone ProRes log video support was added in the May 2024 release.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new/2024-4.html#iPhone-video-support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, useful to have embedded support.

I'll probably stick with current release for a while though to see how things stabilise on 24.4.1 first, particularly as I am in the middle of a fairly big project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your wise words do not appear in these forums often enough.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines