• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error connecting to Universe runtime - After the Premiere Pro 22.1.1. update 12/14/2021

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that starting a new, updated thread about this might be smart as it directly relates to the Premiere Pro v 22.1.1 update. 

Basically, as of about 4 hours ago and upon allowing Creative Cloud to install the 22.1.1. update, I am unable to access the Red Giant / Maxon Universe plugin. My experience like I'm sure many others out there is that my Red Giant Universe, now under the Maxon App, was completely up to date and working perfectly as of this afternoon with the previous version of Premiere Pro until I updated through Creative Cloud.

Now, both pre-existing projects with Universe affects applied to the timeline are throwing the  "Error connecting to Universe runtime" code, AND brand new projects are doing the same when trying to apply a Universe effect to a new sequence / clip. Given that, this feels like an Adobe issue to resolve and NOT a Red Giant /Maxon problem. 

Through some trial and error, I concluded that I am able to hold and press the ENTER key to get past the error during program load and actually open a project with Universe effects already applied in the timeline (albeit it without any of them working), which is nice as for a few panicked moments I thought I had completely lost an edited sequence. Still, that does not solve anything. 

I am running Creative Cloud on a windows 10 pro 64 bit system that is incredibly up to date and fairly powerful. Both Creative Cloud Desktop and Maxon App are their most recent versions. Yes, I did try to restart, uninstall and reinstall, to no avail. I would prefer to not roll back to a previous version or moment in time, and instead have this issue addressed. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

This has been fixed with today's update for Universe. Please sign into your Maxon App and download the update to Universe! (It'll be 5.1.0 when you update)

More info here: https://maxonvfx.com/3oPJ9Cl

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 186 Replies 186
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Kevin, and other frustrated Adobe/Maxon users,

I have upvoted the bug, but with only a handful of votes, that would suggest a low priority; I hope that isn't how it works in the case of bugs.  Is there any way to know whether the bug has been fixed--other than just occasionally retrying the update?   Or at this point, does it seem like just assuming it will remain broken at least until there is a new (however minor) upgrade?

Thanks!

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They and Maxon are busy working on it, that I do know. And there's that and a few major things that are either bugs or "un-expected events" with the completely rebuilt color system/engine of Pr2022 that they are working on fixing.

So they've got a ton of work they're doing on this stuff, and when they've got something, it will get pushed out in a patch for us users. Til then, well ... 22.0 is the best option for users needing their Maxon/RG stuff working. Some things work ok in the latest built, some don't.

So if you're not getting all Maxon/RG/Boris plugins working in the latest build, stayin in the 22.0 build for now is the best option.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Neil,

Since there are features of the newest update or Premiere Pro that seem very useful, would either of these work as workarounds?:

Could both versions (22.0 and 22.1.2) of PremPro be installed, and just pick which one to use, depending on whether I'm anticipating needing the Maxon plug-in (or will they compete with each other in unproductive ways)? 

Or could I have have the Universe plug-ins only installed on After-Effects, and scoot  over to it when I need its functionality--or will I run into problems when I bring the footage back to Premiere?

Sorry these are such rudimentary ideas, and of course I could just try them rather than bother you'all, but such experiments are not always clea and can have subtle unintended consequences I overlook (as a true amateur of this sport). Thanks again,

mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's not that much functionality between 22.0 and the most recent build, but you can only have one installed at a time of each build ... with the exception of the public beta.

Which makes it kinda interesting, because you can have 22.0 as your 'safe' build and also have the public beta which is 22.1 ... something ... now ... installed. And open projects in either/both forth and back.

The last cycle, I did a lot of my general work in the public beta, they do normally work pretty well.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry about this. Please upvote the following bug report: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/44572776-bug-report-premier...

I know the "answer is not correct" but I wanted to pin the bug report to the OP's thread. Please upvote. I am advocating for a fix.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You unfortunatley just need to uninstall the 22.1.1 update and install the version before that (22.0) and use that version until Adobe and/or Maxon are able to fix this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install universe, but I am really struggling here on why I can't see all the plugins. I've been installing and uninstalling for the last 2 hours, restarting my PC, using Revo Uninstaller to try it etc... No luck.

Here is what I get when I install the latest Universe version.
https://imgur.com/CU5Y3PT
https://imgur.com/LYHL9PP

After Effects/Premiere Pro latest versions installed. It looks like most of the tools are just simply missing. 

Windows 10
RTX 2070
64GB DDR4 RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are still some problems with some of the Maxon/RG plugins in Pr2022 past the original 22.0 build. You may need to revert back to that build to use all of them.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and it didn't seem to work either. I'm losing hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ... you have to close all projects, then dump all your cache files and relaunch Premiere or it won't work, I should have mentioned that.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am here to reach support about my "download" of universe to premiere pro. I installed universe 2 days ago and it was not working for me so I uninstalled and decided to try again. Ever since I tried to re-install it it gives me an error whenever I open premiere pro saying "that it can not load ____." I tried reinstalling and resetting the configuration but now of this seems to work. Also whenever I go to the red giant file location nothing is inside of the folder. It is just empty. Hope this can be helped!

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have Premiere open when you ran the installer? Try closing all your Adobe apps, then run the Red Giant installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I had everything closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are still some  issues with some of the Maxon/RG plugins that they are working with Maxon to get fixed. That may be part of the issue.

Some users have been able to uninstall both PrPro and the Maxon plugins and app, reinstall, and get working. Some have to revert to Pr2022 first release, the 22.0 build.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I really hope it just is a maxon issue because I have tried reinstalling Pr and Maxon multiple times. I will try reverting it today when I get home. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again, Do you know anny other plug in's similar to the effects that Universe features. Specifically the effects and transitions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's the Maxon/RedGiant stuff, Boris, several others of 'smaller' name. Hopefully within another couple weeks they'll have this sorted out.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Red Giant Universe 5.0.1 (most recent version) by Maxon is still not working for me even with Premiere Pro 22.1.2 update and is the only plugin not working for me in 22.1.2 from my testing where as all the other 3rd party plugins listed here I tested and are now working: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/plugin-issue-with-premiere-pro-v22-1-1/td-p/... 

Creative_Cloud_Desktop 12-22 at 12.39 AM.png

Red_Giant_Universe 12-22 at 12.30 AM.png

Premiere_Pro_Debug_Event 12-22 at 12.30 AM.png

I then unistalled Red Giant Universe and reinstalkled it and it still wont load in Pr 22.1.2: https://streamable.com/r1luw8 

Its funny because the extension does show up, but none of the effects/transitions install Adobe_Premiere_Pro_2022_-_DVideos01._Pr__Projec 12-22 at 12.45 AM.png

And the effects/transitions are missing:

Adobe_Premiere_Pro_2022_-_DVideos01._Pr__Projec 12-22 at 12.44 AM.png

The last version of Premiere Pro where Red Giant Universe works is Pr 22.0

If you rely on Red Giant Universe, I suggest not updating to Pr 22.1.2 until the bug is located and patched, I just dont know if the bug stems from Maxon's end or Adobe's. If  anyone else has Red Giant Universe version 5.0.1, try updating to 22.1.2 to see if you get the same issue as I did (revertng back to 22.0 is easy but I recommend you save your stuff before updating). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try trashing prefrences?

And deinstalled the plugins first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, still not working for me after updating to 22.1.2!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even rollback, don't get the option to do so 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022.1.1 is no longer available.

If you want to revert to older version that would be 22.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood but I have no option in creative cloud to roll back to any previous versions... Screenshot_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnnBens_0-1640184600195.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose "Learn more", then select the 3 dots, and  choose "Other versions".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines