• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ExporterQuicktimehost.prm - Loading Hangup

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2011 Jul 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched high and low on the internet, through Adobe's help system (which is not even remotely helpful), and waited for literally HOURS on hold with "tech support", (which again, is not even remotely supporting), for this issue with the start up of Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.

I was having absolutely no problems with this whatsoever until out of nowhere, it stopped loading properly.  It takes at least five minutes to load and I have the same problem with After Effects --- in Premiere, it freezes at "'loading exporterquicktimehost.prm" and in After Effects it freezes at "Initializing MediaCore".

I have seen hundreds of posts all over the internet from many others who have had this issue --- I have tried restarting, I have tried turning off my firewall, and everything else I know to do but STILL this issue has not even been remotely addressed.

Can someone kindly help out?  This is ridiculously agitating when $1,600 worth of software all of a sudden stops working and Adobe seems to not even have the staff to address issues when they come up.

There are people on other posts on here who have said that their issue was solved by messing with firewall settings but again, I have tried that and it did not do anything.

I have tried renaming the files ExporterQuicktimehost.prm as well as ImporterQuicktime.prm and the program loads fine --- so it seems like something is wrong with the Quicktime/Adobe integration but again, this is not something that has been a problem in the past.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 30, 2011 Jul 30, 2011

See the suggestions here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2011/02/troubleshooting-quicktime-errors-with-after-effects.html

That was written for After Effects, but the same suggestions apply to Premiere Pro, too.

See also this potential solution: Go to Windows Task Manager,End process "Adobe QT32 Server.exe" then restart Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked perfectly. Thank you for leaving this info here for me to find!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very disappointing to see so many issues like this with Adobe's software. I come across a bug, look it up only to discover that it has been ongoing for many versions and many years...

Extremely concerning. Another common element is that Adobe has very rarely addressed the issue or seems to give the response "use this workaround - all is fine" as if that is an acceptable approach.

To the poster below I can only conclude that no, Adobe is not going to do anything about this, or the many other issues.

What would it take to turn this around? A simple reply from Adobe. Chances of that happening...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started having this behaviour now with Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7 64-bit, after months of reliable use.

It was working fine until at least January, with no changes to Premiere Elements since then, I suppose it is caused by some windows update.

It hangs on startup showing "Loading ExporterQuicktimeHost.prm" and will stay like that for hours.

I tried reinstalling quicktime, Premiere Elements, uninstalled all 3rd party codecs, made sure "Adobe QT32 Server.exe", "dynamiclinkmanager.exe" and "adobe premiere elements.exe" were whitelisted on the firewall, with no success.

I found that killing the dynamiclinkmanager.exe process unblocks it, but it has to be done every time I start the application, which is not a viable solution.

Is there a permanent solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really upsetting... i was having a blast learning how to use premiere pro CC, until suddenly everything tanked... right in the middle of my project... aaaaargh!

A lot of my video clips are in quick-time... I've added the exe's to my firewall "allow" list:

adobe qt32 server.exe

dynamiclinkmanager.exe

adobe premiere pro.exe

and still no love.... so now what?

Any other remedies for this? aside from not using quick-time videos? or switching to some other editing program?

Thanks!

-Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just posted a fresh posting on this before see this one.  There doesn't appear to be an answer?  I am also have the same problem.  The program works fine under other users logging into the system as well when I log in as administrator, however, for this one particular user, nothing.  All the other Adobe applications work fine for him so this is really wacky.  I would guess it is somewhere in his profile or a registry key based on his profile since others work fine.  Has anyone been able to figure this out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2015 Sep 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start program as admistrator it work here. !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That is a perfect solution to this crappy issue. At least worked very smoothly for me. Thanks tomh52984514 once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2016 Apr 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off the AVG Free 'web' protection works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. Turning off the AVG Free 'web' protection works for me as well. AVG have a lot to answer for on this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. AVG was also affecting the newly installed Izotope RX5, Sound Forge 10, and a couple of other CS6 progs. I think there are alternatives if you need a 'Free' anti-virus prog but I'm not knowledgeable enough to recommend an alternative. AVG AntiVirus Free (build 16.61.7538) will have to correct the bug or it'll be dropped like a hot potato by most Adobe CS6 users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PollenS---"Turning off the AVG Free 'web' protection works for me."

Best Answer and it worked for me on all my computers. Wondered why this went daft all of a sudden... Working with CS5 and had even downloaded a 'trial' of the new cloud version... so had reverted back to CS4 as that worked nae bothers but not functional with the latest video formats that I usually use. Such a simple fix but no where is it addressed that simply. TA!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2016 Apr 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think I have successfully turned of the AVG free web protection but I am still hung up going to try starting it as administrator. I also and having problems with Adobe freezing up on me while editing files. It has been working fine until last week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you need to start as administrator. And, turning off the 'web' protection (actually its the "Linkscanner" that needs turning off) is only a work around. Having had AVG boffins all over my machine twice in remote sessions to try and solve the problem (which they can't) it has now been escalated to 'Developer' level at AVG. This could mean a de-bugged re-release soon. Whatever they inform me of I'll publish here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much ! I have tried so many other solutions in vain, and wasted so many hours..

I didn't had this problem with PP2014 CC...
... and I felt so happy when at least PP2015CC started up after having turned off AVG !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think uninstalling and then reinstalling Quicktime resolved my issue.  But I'll find out later when I work on it some more this evening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolutely ridiculous. I have had the CS6 Production Premium set since 2013 on my laptop. I recently got them on my new desktop and have had this problem with my Premiere Pro. Hangs at the splash screen and stuck ExporterQuicktimehost.prm for maybe 12 minutes. Then, I noticed it happening with my Photoshop while it "Measures Memory" for like 5 minutes. I check on my laptop and it is fine, opens and closes with no problem. With my desktop, once I close the program after it finally opens, it will never open again. Click on it, gets it loading, and nothing. I check task manager and its sitting in the background processes. I have installed/reinstalled Quicktime 7 twice and nothing. Turned AVG web protection twice and nothing.Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things:

1) Try installing an older version of Quicktime, this solved issues years ago.

https://support.apple.com/downloads/quicktime

2) If on windows and/or not sharing mac projects, start using formats that don't require Quicktime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i guess I will i try that. My video is in prores... I apparently need qucktime in order to read that footage. nothing I do seems to work.  There has got to be a reason that some people have this problem and others don't!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the AVG disabling of the LinkScanner thing and then re-enabling it.. that is all that is needed... So if you have AVG that is the first and best way to try first. I reloaded Quicktime and everything still works... Definitely an AVG problem. Thus why some have the problem and others don't me thinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you by chance have step by step instructions for disabling the link scanner? See when I do control alt delete and then click on quit on the qt32 server.exe (at least I think that is what I click on) it allows me to go ahead and start Adobe premeiere back up. However, at some point, it freezes up and my time line won't play. My footage is prores and I have all my footage on 1 TB storage drive b/c otherwise,I figured my computer would slow down without the extra memory. Am I looking at two different issue besides just quicktime? I have included what my system is running. I have gone ahead and completely uninstall the AVG and will be seeing if that works.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eview95960176‌ Aye simple. Open AVG via the shortcut. Should have an option of several items, Click on the 'Web' link which opens up two more options of LinkeScanner and Online shield/Go Pro. Click on the wee toggle thing on the LinkScanner side and it will give a dialogue box asking if you really want to do it. Say yes and done.

If you are in AVG Zen Click on the Protection Free link which will bring up the AVG AntiVirus screen and you follow through as above. AVG doesn't like it but it doesn't as best I can tell affect anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eview95960176 Oh for what it is worth--My old computer is on Windoze 7 and the new one on Windoze10--both on CS5 Both went off line for Adobe Premier Pro after the Saturday AVG update... But I didn't realize it on the one because I already had it open when the update happened. So it was Monday when I found out I had problems. But once the AVG LinkScanner was disabled--it has all been working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem. Nothing seems to help in my case... Reinstalling Quicktime helps only with first open of my project, each next - the same problem appears... End Process in Windows Task Manager doesn't help either.... It makes me crazyyyyy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i feel your pain.  For a few days getting a 300 dollar 7200 RPM external drive help.  But now I am back in the same boat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find the Quicktime 7.7.7 installer by searching the internet or Apples site. This version is stable. There is generally no reason to update Quicktime unless Adobe makes a point to do so.

I hope this works out. My Windows 10 machine is not having any issues with this version of Quicktime. You might need to share your ProRes File itself to see if there is a problem with the file the camera manufacturer that wrote the file if all other ProRes files from a Mac are actually working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines