• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

fading in text one portion at a time

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If someone could solve this for me, I would be FOREVER greatful...I'm doing a mission statement. Nothing fancy, pretty basic. white background, black font. I want the persons name to appear first and then the second portion of it to fade in second. I know the two parts need to be on second tracks but the top layer is blocking the second part from coming through so when the marker is over the clip for the second part, it just shows the top layer. obviously I need to change something, but the question is WHAT????! Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Should have worked without that extra addition.

eg Upper downwards

Vid 3 - Title 2 (with alpha)

Vid 2 - Title 1 (with alpha)

Vid 1 - White BG

Could easily have been done with 2 Vid layers ( combined Title 1 and BG, and then  Vid 2 for Title 2 but the 3rd layer gives better comp options and control.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just need to have the text on two seperate layers, and fade the second layer in. See attached

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 2.41.54 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GloryGazingMinistries - YouTube

I did try that and it doesn't work. What I'm trying to do is illustrated in the video above for about the last 20 seconds. I have the "Priscilla Williams" layered on top of the rest of the mission statement which is on the track below. The mission statement has a cross fade in and it won't show both parts at the same time. Just the top layer of her name. Any other possible suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot your timeline so we can see exactly what you are doing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need 3 layers:

1. Layer V1 would be just the white background;

2. Layer on V2 would be just the first name - all would be transparent except for the lettering.

3. Layer on V3 would be the text of the next name - all would be transparent except for the lettering.

The white background would show through the top two lawyers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked with one extra addition. I had to change the opacity of the top layer to 0 and then it worked perfect. Thank you for your timely responses and input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Should have worked without that extra addition.

eg Upper downwards

Vid 3 - Title 2 (with alpha)

Vid 2 - Title 1 (with alpha)

Vid 1 - White BG

Could easily have been done with 2 Vid layers ( combined Title 1 and BG, and then  Vid 2 for Title 2 but the 3rd layer gives better comp options and control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines