• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fix "an unknown error occurred while opening the project" cc 2015/2017/2018/2019/2020/2021

Engaged ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you faced with "an unknown error occurred while opening the project"

first check your autosaves folder

God forbid if you can't open any of them either, then don't waste your time anymore. Those files are corrupted and needs some surgery and reconstructions on the XML core that needs programming skills and at the sametime knowing Premiere pro project's XML mechanism.

If you are able to deal with those codes then go for it but if you not...

I can help you fixing your files. just drop me a line "chooriy" at gmail.com and attach your project file. Soon I will contact you for further processes.

I'm doing this for about 4 years and there are lot's of successful recoveries of mine you can find in the posts below.

I'm very fast and will answer all requests so quickly.

Solved: An Unknown error occurred while opening the projec... - Adobe Support Community 

CC 2017: An unknown error occurred while opening t... Adobe Support Community

TOPICS
Crash , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Thanks @Mohsen_Aghaei for fixing my project! It was showing "an unknown error occurred" and working well now. Below is the screenshot of my timeline.Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 1.30.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohsen! I have a project that I have tried to open and get this error, as well as with the auto-save files. I have emailed you my project file. Please let me know if you are able to assist. Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey  @mohsen_Aghaei  I heve got ther error in premier proan  says "unknown error occurred while opening the project" please help me coz my dealine is eding tonight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dear Mohsen Aghaei

Are you still taking projects to fix? We have the same Error occuring and nothing is working...

Let me know ASAP, thank you so much!

Reto Buri

Switzerland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Mohsen for rescuing my premiere 2022 file! would have been completely lost otherwise.

Phillip25946555psz6_0-1663853457204.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you get the great master of recovering corrupt files to respond? I was wondering how long before you hear from the great one. I'm starting to get worried that the master may not be fixing projects anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem. It wouldn't open when I started Premiere Pro. The solution I found was to open the project from FINDER or FILES. Or open Premiere Pro, escape out of the opening box when starting PP. Then go to Files > Open recent. 

I first disconected my hard drives, restarted the computer, and then opening it directly from the file. Hours of work saved and yelling colorful words. 

Here is a youtube video I found on it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euR3PO_W7XM

Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chooriy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why this happens? Also, is there anything we can do on our side to prevent it in the future? 

Obviously relying on one individuals generosity is unique and I don't think it's lost on any of us. But it certainly seems like if this issue is occuring at this rate, it's not sustainable for one person to fix this for everyone. Hate to be a buden on Mohsen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Mohsen Aghaei can you help me?? my project cannot open.. please help..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines