• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIX the bug of audio missing from export

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting a video sequence premiere randomly leaves out part of the audio. Those part were not muted, but in the same channel and of the same kind of other parts exported fine, not even cut: so for instance you have a talker that randomly get the voice silent.
This is a big reliability issue, because there is no correspondence of what you have on timeline and what you are going to have on final export. This happens on different machines and happened also with previous versions of Premiere different from this one at moment of writing 15.4.1 (build 4).
The only reliably working workaround has been export only the single audio channels in wave files and then import it back into the timeline, that is time consuming and unacceptable for a professional software.
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Hi @KinoKast,

Thanks for the version details. This issue was fixed in Premiere version 23.4. Please update your version from Creative Cloud and let us know how it goes there in the updated version. Sorry for not mentioning it earlier. 

Happy to help, Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 167 Replies 167
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a big problem Adobe! And somehow, I'm not having the feeling it's taken seriously. This thread has been here for a year now...

I've got clients depending on me. Been exporting a couple of days now, trying different settings on the most bizar workarounds I was able to find on the internet (by other users, not by adobe).

In a professional working environment, this really can't be happening. Reliability and speed are of the essence. With a ten minute edit, I can't be fooling around with random export errors, having to check every export in detail, just to find out I have to try it all over again. These are very relevant issues that can make companies switch over to different software. At least, if things don't get better with these 'Random errors' lately, I know it's something we will reconsider. Not mend as a threat, just trying to wake you up what these errors can cause.

And it's not that these are unreasonable claims your users are making. Everyone here pays good money for your professional product and service. And lately, since a couple of updates ago, some weird stuff keeps happening. At least give some sign of life that you're working on this problem.

Maybe take some steps back to basic and focus a little less on interface design.

Come on man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If someone can share the media files and the settings so the developers can reproduce the issue it will get fixed. I do not believe at the moment the issue can be replicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we please find a fix for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the project files to replicate the issue and the team can investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would provide the files, but I'm not allowed to do so. Render and replace seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can replicate it with some files that you are able to share that would be great?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Brand new Dell Business Precision 2850 i9 with RTX3090 and 64gb ram. Latest version of Premiere Pro. Windows 11 Pro.

Render and replace typically solves the problem, but yeah not good, and a total waste of time to render a long video to find an audio chunk missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it is difficult to fix the issue until someone provides the files that enable the team to recreate the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only happens with Media recorded H265.
It should be no Problem for adobe to get such a Clip. e.g somethih from Gopro or similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Klaus, not the case with me. It happens with all sorts of formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I provided the files and the project below months ago, nobody downloaded them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It seems to happen with h265 footage. The only workaround that works for me is exporting the entire audio mix as MP3 or WAV and then importing this audio file back into the project. It is SO FRUSTRATING that this problem has been around for several years now. I'm very close to switching to DaVinci Resolve. I'm tired of always having to deal with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as of this week. Everything was fine until then

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to Premiere Pro 2023 so v23.0, and obviously the bug it's still there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing this issue for several years now on my PC, too. Most recently when exporting a sequence using iPhone 4K 60p video source clips. One solution in the past, aside from exporting the audio separately, was to use Project Manager and collect the whole project together and move it onto my MacBook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023 is broken. happend in the middle of the video and now i dont have original files because i did not check the whole video 2022 was ok how can i rollback?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While watching the premiere pro video on the edit screen, there is sound, but after rendering, there is no sound in some parts how to solved this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I work for a Delivery Service that deals with film and TV media. Long story short, I started noticing recently that certain audio tracks in a multichannel export just refuse to be exported in a complete file. Our company just realized this as Quality Control has been coming back ******* the missing audio.

Some Info:
16 Channel Multi sequence
24p
Panned left and right

CH 1-8 are SMPTE 5.1 + 2CH Stereo
CH 9-16 are Music and Effects 5.1 + 2Ch Stereo MnE

I go and export as noted above and for some unknown reason either Ch's 8-10 will be missing audio or just CH 8 if I do not use Media Encoder and just go straight out of Premiere.

We need these files to be complete master files of 16CH's for delivery. We cannot send the audio separate as we add logos etc to films and have to resynch audio.

What is going on Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same issue. It happened since the update of the 2023's version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What we expect before the export:

Mixing track type: Multichannel
Audio tracks :
VF - 1 : Mono
VF - 2 : Mono
VF - 3 : Mono
VF - 4 : Mono

What we get after the export:
Mixing track type: Multichannel
Audio tracks :
VF - 1 : Mono
VF - 2 : NOTHING
VF - 3 : Mono
VF - 4 : NOTHING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted here about my frustrations with this for over a year and I found the Render & Replace option the only work-around that helped consistently on export. I never had an issue in the timeline it was only once exported. As I said I've been doing this for every export. A few weeks ago I upgraded my Nvidia 2080ti to a 3090ti and since then I've now started to get audio drop outs in the editing timeline. I have no idea if this is co-incidence or something to do with the Nvidia hardware or driver but I thought it worth mentioning. I've also noticed that the drop outs seem to be more prominent with my GoPro 10 5.1k 30fps footage H264 not H265, again can't narrow it down to this specifically but it seems to be a factor.

I'm now resorting to Render & Replacing the audio tracks mid edit which is a real pain, come on Adobe tell us what we're doing wrong or come up with a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me. I'm losing A LOT OF working hours because of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue as well, I just got premier and it's happened in 2/3 projects so far.... pretty disappointing and annoying considering how much this software costs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I've tried different formats and the audio keeps getting muted at some point of the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just discovered this too. Any workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines